Where?

max111

cookie47
I've put this in as a point of interest only and a personnel photo...

Its obvious where it is fb09bb82917cc2acd6c6cdaa2804573e.jpg&key=b5d214b9c225b2772c496d0a4784ce0054d0edb91bd6c5e8839962c44119a590

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

And it is strait,

When they have mastered self driving cars you could jump in the back and have a sleep.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max111

• cookie47

• HeyMike

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good grief, that kinda takes the fun out of it. I did use google to see if my guesses were close,  by typing my guess into the google search. No fun when you have the answers.  

Hell didnt know I could do that but I thought we were guessing on our knowledge in our head... my bad.

I look at that house and all I hear is Mr. Haney's voice. Eb was a hoot too. Ah, when tv was worth watching.

Posted Images

Fair enough SM---did you know where it was without looking on the net? I would have to look in a bunch of DVDs to dig this out.Good job.

4 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

And it is strait,

When they have mastered self driving cars you could jump in the back and have a sleep. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Wow That's a long stretch....

compare to Sweden from North to South...

Sweden

Official name: Kingdom of Sweden

Area: 449,964 square kilometers (173,732 square miles)

Highest point on mainland: Kebnekaise (2,111 meters/6,926 feet)

Lowest point on land: Sea level

Hemispheres: Northern and Eastern

Time zone: 1 P.M. = noon GMT

Longest distances: 1,574 kilometers (978 miles) from north to south, 499 kilometers (310 miles) from east to west

Land boundaries: 2,205 kilometers (1,370 miles) total boundary length; Finland 586 kilometers (364 miles); Norway 1,619 kilometers (1,006 miles)

Coastline: 3,218 kilometers (2,000 miles)

Territorial sea limits: 22 kilometers (12 nautical miles)

• Like 1
cookie47

Melbourne to Darwin 3,741 kilometres and I've done it 6 times RETURN... Quickest 3 days 6 hours in a 351ci Falcon... No speed limit in the Northern Territory... (in the late 70s)

Id better stay on topic.........

image.png.d969d2709a5effc10386a5e6ce0846a7.png
Copenhagen

• Thanks 1

The Little Mermaid (statue)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Copenhagen_-_the_little_mermaid_st

Statue of The Little Mermaid at Langelinie

The Little Mermaid (Danish: Den lille Havfrue) is a bronze statue by Edvard Eriksen, depicting a mermaid. The sculpture is displayed on a rock by the waterside at the Langelinie promenade in Copenhagen, Denmark.[a] It is 1.25 metres (4.1 ft) tall[2] and weighs 175 kilograms (385 lb).[3]

Based on the fairy tale of the same name by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, the small and unimposing statue is a Copenhagen icon and has been a major tourist attraction since its unveiling in 1913. In recent decades it has become a popular target for defacement by vandals and political activists.

Mermaid is among iconic statues that symbolize cities; others include: Manneken Pis in Brussels,[4] the Statue of Liberty in New York and Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro. In several cases, cities have commissioned statues for such a purpose, such as with Singapore's Merlion.

• Like 1
cookie47

The Little Mermaid (statue)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia   220px-Copenhagen_-_the_little_mermaid_statue_-_2013.jpg&key=51ef66413d844b1894e5670b877475b78154f7d5460240461db63ddca8775f69   Statue of The Little Mermaid at Langelinie The Little Mermaid (Danish: Den lille Havfrue) is a bronze statue by Edvard Eriksen, depicting a mermaid. The sculpture is displayed on a rock by the waterside at the Langelinie promenade in Copenhagen, Denmark.[a] It is 1.25 metres (4.1 ft) tall[2] and weighs 175 kilograms (385 lb).[3]
Based on the fairy tale of the same name by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, the small and unimposing statue is a Copenhagen icon and has been a major tourist attraction since its unveiling in 1913. In recent decades it has become a popular target for defacement by vandals and political activists.
Mermaid is among iconic statues that symbolize cities; others include: Manneken Pis in Brussels,[4] the Statue of Liberty in New York and Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro. In several cases, cities have commissioned statues for such a purpose, such as with Singapore's Merlion.

Dinner time.

I'm enjoying this.

Talk soon

HeyMike
39 minutes ago, Bama said:

Good on you if you have been there. I'll throw another church into the mix.

sc.jpg

I used to live around the block from there for a year in the 90s. Blast from the past.

Pretty steep climb to the top as I recall.

At the foot of the hill was a number of crepe vendors---very good.

HeyMike
7 minutes ago, Bama said:

Pretty steep climb to the top as I recall.

At the foot of the hill was a number of crepe vendors---very good.

If I remember correctly, I used to take the steps from the side of the church. Still a lot of steps. They recreated the steps in the movie An American in Paris.

edit: There used to be some pretty good street performers there, also.

Edited by HeyMike
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

If I remember correctly, I used to take the steps from the side of the church. Still a lot of steps. They recreated the steps in the movie An American in Paris.

That was the steps I was thinking of---the ones at the side of the church.We came down the steps in the pic and ran into the vendors.Probably changed a bit since you were there. Didn't know about the movie connection.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Bama said:

Photo0356.thumb.jpg.c8c972818e198b1dfe3c2d9e98bb37e2.jpg

From France?  If so, don't tell the exact place... let us try to guess... I have no idea... Been to France a few times but never been to this place,,,,,  not sure why I'm thinking France.