Sign in to follow this  
MrSuave

Shipping large items to Cebu

MrSuave

I'd like to ship some items to Cebu that are too big for a BB box and not enough for a container. Probably about a pallet or two. Does anyone have experience and advice?  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

GBT62

Well I had gym equipment and bikes etc as well as my clothing when I moved over last year. 

Much of it was too big for BB boxes - but not enough for a container.

In the end though, my options seemed to be a "shared" container - or my own small (half length ?) container.

The small container turned out to be cheaper on all the quotes I got - insurance seemed to be much greater on the shared option and security better and packaging requirement less.

I only half filled the half size container but it was my best option offered.

• Like 2

newtocebu

Check with your local BB shipper - some will consign other sized boxes with their regular cargo

I used Forexworld to ship goods that didnt fit in a regular BB box (eg; BBQ) from Melbourne to Cebu

• Like 1

wondersailor

I did the same as newtocebu, but with global cargo on the 9th of July. If it will fit in a box it will be good to go. Cost is determined by width x height x length. I sent a mess of boxes. That is an exact amount ☺

• Like 1

MrSuave

I decided to sell most of my oversized items and just ship two. I'm keeping my telescope and sausage stuffer. I was able to take both apart so they will (barely) fit in balikbayan boxes. The telescope and tripod are in the boxes dianglely and from top to bottom. The stuffer fit ok after taking it apart. Thanks to all that responded to my post! :)

Lordblacknail

When we moved here in 2011, we shipped 62 boxes. One of them was a double box stacked vertically that held my office chair, and things too long to fit in the regular box. I think they charged me $250 for it vs the $55 for the regular boxes. Everything arrived without incident.

When we arrived at the airport, I had all of my computers in the suitcases and I was concerned they would be a problem. They never looked at them after they found my $400 german air gun.

MrSuave
37 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

They never looked at them after they found my $400 german air gun.

What happened with your air gun? Did they take it?