Advice buying truck in philippines

hilyfe

hilyfe
7 hours ago, cogon88 said:

Here is a comparison of the trucks available, In my opinion the Hi-lux is way over priced and 2 much money. When you look at the specs the Mazda BT-50 4x4 is better in many categories also is cheaper Free 3 year service plus free oil changes I decided to by The BT-50 / Toyota is 6,000 Piso per oil change on my Fortuner / Mazda is Free for up to 100,000 K

https://www.autodeal.com.ph/cars/compare/mazda+bt-50+3-2-4x4-at+vs+toyota+hilux+2-4-g-dsl-4x2-at+vs+isuzu+d-max+3-0-ls-4x2-mt

Enjoy your truck suggest you get the 4x4 though instead of a 4x2

Tom

I just lije toyota reliability

Drives more like a car than a truck

Im niot to worried about maint.

Since it will not be daily driven

I only use it when im on vacation

6 hours ago, streak03 said:

Yes, the free 3 year service was a huge factor in my decision to buy that Mazda. fecking Ford Negros charged my wife 13k peso for an oil change about six months ago for our Everest.  Ford also told her that if we didn't use the dealer for oil changes, it would void the warranty.  Well, that's bullshit too.  I sent several emails and after a lot of back and forth with Ford Philippines, they finally admitted that no, it wont void the warranty if you do not use a Ford dealer.  

I wanted the raptor

But a friend of mine help me changed my mind

He said if i damaged it in any way itll takes months for parts to come in

Is that true?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hilyfe

• cookie47

• GBT62

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was shopping for my truck I found that Cebu dealers added on p40K or more delivery charge so I bought it from a Manila dealership and drove it down.  The wife and I made a vacation of it but di

Can't give much advise on what brand because everyone has their own preference or where to buy but I can give you a very valuable piece of info I learned the hard way. Never under any circumstances al

I did too when I lived in Dumaguete. My multicab had 4-wheel drive, but to tell you the truth I usually forgot to put it in 4-wheel drive when off road. I was amazed how well it did even in two wheel

Posted Images

hilyfe
6 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Hi,
I've notice in this thread that 4x4,s are being discussed.
As I'm an Aussie 4x4 tragic you might like to view this free on line magazine. I get it every month.. It reminds me of Aus whilst in PH

Unsealed4x4.com.au.(i tried to copy link without success,) so i typed it.. Google if needed..

Thumbs up for BT50 and DMAX.
Very popular in Australia Although i haven't owned one...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I dont know kuch about offroading

Reason why im leaning towqrds the 4x2 i dont off road

And im thinking if yiu dont use the 4x4 it might break 

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

You should install RC equipment into it, so you can drive it remotely... 

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know i would if i can lol

hilyfe
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

You know the wider you set those tires out the more difficulty you'll have driving in the city, if that is a factor.

Itll be only for the province

I dont srive in the city?

hilyfe
20 minutes ago, Gus said:

Thought you were a " hummer " guy !

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Funny thing you mentioned tthat

I got rid of my hummer

It started breaking down on me like windows chairs ac etc.

I was so mad i drove it to toyota got my self a siena fecking van????

Fiest time i took it home

I felt shame driving it around like a grandfather

I drove it to the nearest tinted shop

And blacked out the damn thing

Now its sitting pretty collecting dust in my garage

I dont know whqt the hell i was thinking getting a freakin van

A family freakin van?

• Haha 1
cookie47

Yes good comment, I've been a 100% 4wd owner for years. Even just living in the suburbs of Melbourne i always had a 4wd.Not often used as daily driver i found that the access for a tall person and arthritis its easy to get in and out.Also the sure footed ness of a constant 4wd in very wet conditions is noticeable.

Regarding reliability is a non issue.

"Then on the other hand,,,,"

You don't need all that 4wd mechanism dragging along if you don't need it.

BUT, you might be tempted to venture down a track that turns nasty and 4wd will /may get you out of trouble. Or as I saw a taxi the other day. TWO wheels got too close to the edge when wet and got stuck.

I haven't caught up with what 4wd? areas of the Philippines are out there, and are probable very unlikely too.

In fact haven't bought a vehicle yet ( I do like the Fortuna though )
Coming from Aus everything is back to front here.. . Every time i go to get into a vehicle front seat i go to the wrong side

51 minutes ago, hilyfe said:

I wanted the raptor

But a friend of mine help me changed my mind

He said if i damaged it in any way itll takes months for parts to come in

Is that true?

Probably true for the F-150 Raptor since the F-150 isn't very common here...

The Ranger Raptors just started to arrive in the country though, I don't think they are even officially for sale yet. Rangers are much more common here, I would assume it would be easier to get parts.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/left-hand-drive-ford-ranger-raptor-units-arrive-in-philippines.html

TYAeJR7.jpg

• Like 1
smokey

I went with the mit. Strada the closest to a car like ride. But still good for heavy rain driving and not cramped

It also depends on what your needs are ....

Back in Aus I had Jeeps and Pajero's - both great for offroad  - well mostly beach driving as we had the largest sand islands around where I lived.

Here - I looked at all the twin cab pickups (HiLux, BT20 etc) - as I wanted room for passengers and space to take my bikes as well (I tend to ride daily).

None of the trays were large enough to get the bikes in without hanging the front wheel over the back of the truck. I didn't want to be lifting in/out bikes every trip, possibly damaging bike or tray - and I didn't like the idea of the bike exposed in the tray when I parked anywhere.

After measuring all of the usual SUV's you'd be surprised how inefficient their interior cargo space is. I don't really want to be laying bikes down in the rear - over the top of folded seats, it's bad for bikes and truck interior.

I ended up with the dreaded Van instead. I removed one rear seat completely (the 40 of the 60/40 setup) and fold one seat of the middle row forward. I can now house my MTB inside full time - UPRIGHT - and passengers.  I don't have to worry about security of the bike anymore as it lives in the back of the van unless I am riding it. Insertion and removal from the van takes a matter of seconds and I don't need to worry about damaging bike or van.

Given I would only get a 4x2 here anyway (not much beach driving areas that I am aware of),  I couldn't really logically go for the pickup to meet my needs.  I still added a nudge bar and led strip to the van just for the slower mopeds ?

Edited by GBT62
  • Like 2
cookie47
It also depends on what your needs are ....
Back in Aus I had Jeeps and Pajero's - both great for offroad  - well mostly beach driving as we had the largest sand islands around where I lived.
Here - I looked at all the twin cab pickups (HiLux, BT20 etc) - as I wanted room for passengers and space to take my bikes as well (I tend to ride daily).
None of the trays were large enough to get the bikes in without hanging the front wheel over the back of the truck. I didn't want to be lifting in/out bikes every trip, possibly damaging bike or tray - and I didn't like the idea of the bike exposed in the tray when I parked anywhere.
After measuring all of the usual SUV's you'd be surprised how inefficient their interior cargo space is. I don't really want to be laying bikes down in the rear - over the top of folded seats, it's bad for bikes and truck interior.
I ended up with the dreaded Van instead. I removed one rear seat completely (the 40 of the 60/40 setup) and fold the middle row forward. I can now house my MTB inside full time - UPRIGHT.  I don't have to worry about security of the bike anymore as it lives in the back of the van unless I am riding it. Insertion and removal from the van takes a matter of seconds and I don't need to worry about damaging bike or van.
Given I would only get a 4x2 here anyway (not much beach driving areas that I am aware of),  I couldn't really logically go for the pickup to meet my needs.  I still added a nudge bar and led strip to the van just for the slower mopeds 
Very true, I had a 7 seat Toyota Prado in Aus. (one of many 4wds)..

Accual carrying capacity of the Prado was useless with the third row seats (even shopping).
So i ditched the two fold up third row in the garage never to be seen again..
Even with the second row folded a six footer plus (like me) couldn't sleep strait,,, But! as everyone has said go for what is good for you and how you intend to use it which i know is difficult if you are delving into something new to YOUR life and circumstances.Its possible that you may not choose the "perfect" vehicle the first time. A vehicle often recommended by us "experts" in fact you may not even like.I say this having worked 14 years as a technical adviser with the RACV (motoring club) in Australia. The most common question. "what car do i buy" Answer....
1, What's you're budget
2, Do YOU like it.
3, does it serve YOUR needs,
4,If you want to buy the most reliable BUT uninteresting, bland, every seniors got one vehicle.

Buy a CAMRY. (tongue in cheek)

Good luck...

• Like 2
hilyfe
On 8/5/2018 at 10:05 PM, cookie47 said:

Yes good comment, I've been a 100% 4wd owner for years. Even just living in the suburbs of Melbourne i always had a 4wd.Not often used as daily driver i found that the access for a tall person and arthritis its easy to get in and out.Also the sure footed ness of a constant 4wd in very wet conditions is noticeable.

Regarding reliability is a non issue.

"Then on the other hand,,,,"

You don't need all that 4wd mechanism dragging along if you don't need it.

BUT, you might be tempted to venture down a track that turns nasty and 4wd will /may get you out of trouble. Or as I saw a taxi the other day. TWO wheels got too close to the edge when wet and got stuck.

I haven't caught up with what 4wd? areas of the Philippines are out there, and are probable very unlikely too.

In fact haven't bought a vehicle yet ( I do like the Fortuna though )
Coming from Aus everything is back to front here.. emoji33.png. Every time i go to get into a vehicle front seat i go to the wrong side emoji848.png

If i dont use the 4x4

Will it break?

Your comment making me think twice ablut the 4x4

I might end up driving it on the beach sand

By the windmills

hilyfe
On 8/5/2018 at 10:32 PM, T.S. said:

Probably true for the F-150 Raptor since the F-150 isn't very common here...

The Ranger Raptors just started to arrive in the country though, I don't think they are even officially for sale yet. Rangers are much more common here, I would assume it would be easier to get parts.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/left-hand-drive-ford-ranger-raptor-units-arrive-in-philippines.html

TYAeJR7.jpg

Yeah i was looking at that online

But i look at that truck as a raptor wanna be

A fake raptor?

The real raptor is built from the ground up

Different chassis from the f150

hilyfe
On 8/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, cookie47 said:

Very true, I had a 7 seat Toyota Prado in Aus. (one of many 4wds)..

Accual carrying capacity of the Prado was useless with the third row seats (even shopping).
So i ditched the two fold up third row in the garage never to be seen again..
Even with the second row folded a six footer plus (like me) couldn't sleep strait,,, But! as everyone has said go for what is good for you and how you intend to use it which i know is difficult if you are delving into something new to YOUR life and circumstances.Its possible that you may not choose the "perfect" vehicle the first time. A vehicle often recommended by us "experts"emoji33.png in fact you may not even like.I say this having worked 14 years as a technical adviser with the RACV (motoring club) in Australia. The most common question. "what car do i buy" Answer....
1, What's you're budget
2, Do YOU like it.
3, does it serve YOUR needs,
4,If you want to buy the most reliable BUT uninteresting, bland, every seniors got one vehicle.

Buy a CAMRY. (tongue in cheek) emoji16.png

Good luck...

Camry lol

I think i would rather bu the alphard than a camry?

cookie47
Camry lol
I think i would rather bu the alphard than a camry
Yes yes yes, it was a joke, but i was making a point showing the difference between reliability and excitement.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
hilyfe

20170518_055143.jpg.431108ecb31e861584f6868c0874a08c.jpg

On 8/8/2018 at 1:00 PM, cookie47 said:

• Like 1
hilyfe

My 09 tacoma 4x2 truck trd off road

Its broken?

I followed some friends off roading

At kaena point

Not its making thie weird noise

And sometimes the engine stalls

Its pissing me off now

Im thinking of getting rid of it

And get a real 4x4 maybe then i can keep up with friends 

Thinking of getting the trd off road 4x4

That have a trd off road 4x4 pro

But hmm too many buttons lol

Im going to forget how to use all of those

I like the fact that this thing can crawl on its own just steer?

automobiles-new-2018-toyota-tacoma-1255336-left-side-photo-Image.jpg

Edited by hilyfe