Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Corn Grit Lugaw

Enuff

MIL has been busy making Sud-an (small food for sale) and one of her treats is a small 8oz cup of Corn Grit Lugaw for p5.

Made just like regular Lugaw except using corn grits. Consistency is a thick soup with carrots, peas, corn, garlic, onion, ginger and chicken feet.

Tastes delicious!

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

82d4899fc3ee3e07f9c57a76a2ad87bd.jpg
  • Like 4

RogerDat

Put some sausage in it man!

I cook grits with cheese slice, egg, and butter, and have it with home made sausage. I get # 16 grits ground down to like consistence of cream of wheat.

• Like 1

KID

I went to a very upscale wedding in North Carolina several years ago and one of the dishes served was grits with shrimp. It was very good and very popular. Sadly the BBQ was trash

• Like 1

cookie47

It looks delicious, but i had to laugh.

"My" only experience with corn grits was "Granny" used to mention them on the Beverly hill Billies and at the time had no idea what she was describing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Enuff
It looks delicious, but i had to laugh.

"My" only experience with corn grits was "Granny" used to mention them on the Beverly hill Billies and at the time had no idea what she was describing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Once here full time you will see they cook the feck out of corn grits and pretend it's rice. In USA it's a bit wetter/creamier sort of like congee.

• Like 2

lamoe

Grits are the rice of South Carolina ?

I like my grits rather more pasty since I add butter and a lot of pepper (look gray)

Had to ask Cracker Barrel server to have them nuke my double portion for a minute otherwise gets too watery

• Like 2

Enuff
Grits are the rice of South Carolina
I like my grits rather more pasty since I add butter and a lot of pepper (look gray)
Had to ask Cracker Barrel server to have them nuke my double portion for a minute otherwise gets too watery
Have you tried yet here?

Maybe Tata will overcook them.

Went to the mill the other day and #16 corn grits we're p1150 for 40 kg sack (p28.75 kg or $0.25 lb).

Teach here how to make you some good southern grits, maybe add some onion, chilis, cheddar and sausage. Serve it with some good chicken fried pork, unlimited beer & wine.

Just let me know when and I'll help you devour that meal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lamoe

Sounds like Gumbo to me.

Loved "Low Country Boil" over grits. Most used  rice except for SIL

This is what I get

image.thumb.png.4a9b2d84952bab077f3a91a31ff8eba8.png

• Like 2

Enuff
Sounds like Gumbo to me.
Loved "Low Country Boil" over grits. Most used  rice except for SIL