Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rep1

Wrong ads!

Recommended Posts

rep1

About a month ago, perhaps after I posted something, nothing nasty I'm certain, all the girls on dating ads here (like 99% of ads on LINC) are suddenly replaced by men and it has been that way since!

I don't want to use ad block here for the sake of site owner, but I'm a straight male with zero intention to change sex in a thousand years. So, how can I fix this? The previous ads weren't pretty to my east Asian standard but at least they're not disturbing.

Is there some way to file a complaint to the ad provider? Better if I can choose ad types (I did buy something from target ads before, very useful I say)

PS: It apparently follows my account wherever I go, not IP or the browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
max111

clear your cookies and stop visiting gay sites.....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog

I did a search for some cruise info not long ago and all of a sudden, all the ads on the forum were about cruising, flights, hotels and so on.

You might want to try doing something similar.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Corvette

Hehe. Ads actually follow sites one have visited, so if you dont clear cookies as mentioned, and history daily,  same kind of ads will follow you. I searched for real estate, and within minutes I get all kinds of ads for apartment and houses. Then i searched for airplane tickets and ads changed to travel ads. Cleared cookies and history. Solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes
45 minutes ago, rep1 said:

About a month ago, perhaps after I posted something, nothing nasty I'm certain, all the girls on dating ads here (like 99% of ads on LINC) are suddenly replaced by men and it has been that way since!

I don't want to use ad block here for the sake of site owner, but I'm a straight male with zero intention to change sex in a thousand years. So, how can I fix this? The previous ads weren't pretty to my east Asian standard but at least they're not disturbing.

Is there some way to file a complaint to the ad provider? Better if I can choose ad types (I did buy something from target ads before, very useful I say)

PS: It apparently follows my account wherever I go, not IP or the browser.

Seems google  understands better about ur preferences  then u do?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cgu
55 minutes ago, rep1 said:

I don't want to use ad block here for the sake of site owner, but I'm a straight male with zero intention to change sex in a thousand years. So, how can I fix this? The previous ads weren't pretty to my east Asian standard but at least they're not disturbing.

Not to worry, nobody gets paid when the ads are shown...with google adsense nobody gets paid when ads show up - payment is based on CPC.? . So ad block does not change, unless you are one of the guys clicking on the ads

 

12 minutes ago, Corvette said:

Ads actually follow sites one have visited, so if you dont clear cookies as mentioned, and history daily,

Ads hardly follow cookies. Google has much more sophisticated algo to offer advertiser where (and to who) they want to show the ads (offering to show).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, rep1 said:

I'm a straight male with zero intention to change sex in a thousand years. So, how can I fix this? The previous ads weren't pretty to my east Asian standard but at least they're not disturbing.

oh it gets worse.  yesterday i left my mom's basement and went to the store to buy more ring dings and yoohoo and there were other males in the stores.  i quickly looked away and hurried back home.  :biggrin_01:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rep1
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I did a search for some cruise info not long ago and all of a sudden, all the ads on the forum were about cruising, flights, hotels and so on.

You might want to try doing something similar.

So it's just Google ads? OK that's weird...

 turned personalization off. Worked instantly.

 

Edited by rep1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

rep1 watching some pron? LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
About a month ago, perhaps after I posted something, nothing nasty I'm certain, all the girls on dating ads here (like 99% of ads on LINC) are suddenly replaced by men and it has been that way since!
I don't want to use ad block here for the sake of site owner, but I'm a straight male with zero intention to change sex in a thousand years. So, how can I fix this? The previous ads weren't pretty to my east Asian standard but at least they're not disturbing.
Is there some way to file a complaint to the ad provider? Better if I can choose ad types (I did buy something from target ads before, very useful I say)
PS: It apparently follows my account wherever I go, not IP or the browser.
Agreed

I just searched "closet queens" and now all my banner ads have switched to "Visit Taiwan"

Huh


Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rep1
11 hours ago, soupeod said:

rep1 watching some pron? LOL

nah I use opera for that. VPN, not logged into google and private mode only. Don't want the embarrassment of my colleagues or clients peaking history... happened to another guy before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes

Might as well have ur coming out here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..