Where are all you Cebu expats?

Corvette

Headshot
37 minutes ago, HTM said:

Then better we calling the refugees expat, "expat camp" is better than refugee camp!

The refugees wouldn't like that. Expats don't get any benefits from the country where they are living.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• savarity

• Cgu

• Corvette

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i consider that to be a regular life !!

I avoid malls and definitely avoid expats who have no idea what time of the day it is.  

Why should I go to those bars ? Too see ugly fat guys drinking beer al day and boast with their young girlfriends ? I prefer a regular life, I choose my friends very wisely because I am sick of peop

Headshot
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Filipinos do not call people from foreign lands who live here  expats.

They call them foreigners . 

That isn't all they call them...  :shocked:

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Expats don't get any benefits from the country where they are living. 

I don't think this is whining the official definition of an expat!

29 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The refugees wouldn't like that. Expats don't get any benefits from the country where they are living.

They get same benefits as all other (foreign) residents, which in the Philippines is none.

newtocebu

The demographic is definitely changing - there are a lot more younger expats that like to spend their free time doing other things

If the attitudes of some of our own members is anything to go by (you know, the 'i didnt come here to hang out with other expats/i dont acknowledge other expats in passing' type crowd), then they are a living their lives doing whatever they do too

• Like 3

from wikipedia

An expatriate (often shortened to expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than their native country.[1] In common usage, the term often refers to professionals, skilled workers, or artists taking positions outside their home country, either independently or sent abroad by their employers, who can be companies, universities, governments, or non-governmental organisations.[2] Effectively migrant workers, they usually earn more than they would at home, and more than local employees. However, the term 'expatriate' is also used for retirees and others who have chosen to live outside their native country. Historically, it has also referred to exiles.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2018 at 1:08 PM, Corvette said:

Guess majority of you don't smoke, but for us stupid smokers, it ain't fun anymore.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:52 PM, Enuff said:

but most I focus in around Parkmall.

If you just want to have a drink and a smoke I definitely can recommend Time Square next to Park Mall. There are plenty of nice bars you can sit outside and smoking is no problem. Most actions starts in the evening after 7pm. Good bars and live music. If you are into sexy girls then got to the Tequilla bar (or on the side of the Tequilla bar, same side as Liv super club). A couple of bars there if you want that.  I think the most action will move down there in the near mid-term as development  of Mandani Bay is starting developing as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
fivestarph

In previous years the Sand Trap/Banilad Sports Club used to be a great hangout place for "Foreigners" here in Cebu but the number there has also dropped  dramatically, probably due to the 40%+ increase in beer prices since the establishment came under new management out last year.

Most seem to have decamped to the Bier Haus in Banilad Town Center.

• Like 1
Busted Dick

Definitely Eurohub in Talamban if you are in the north of the city.  Jam Central on AS Fortuna and Das Bierfass (The Beer Barrel) in Banilad TC can be good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
fivestarph
9 hours ago, Busted Dick said:

Definitely Eurohub in Talamban if you are in the north of the city.  Jam Central on AS Fortuna and Das Bierfass (The Beer Barrel) in Banilad TC can be good.

Thanks for the correct name, I mostly hear it referred to it as "The Kraut Haus"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

TGIF now has a bigger smoking area inside and can be good some nights, hard to pick which nights.

All stars,    at Mango, up near LDS church is good, plenty of sport on several big TV's, Aussie owner, good food, pool comp, smoking inside... ok for smokers but not so good for us non smokers, also smoke place outside.

Jokers Arms, near El Geko , great place to catch up and play pool.

Howling dog, .... turn  right after the Irish bar at Mango,  bookshop on corner and 100 mtrs. on left, good  outside crowd of expats, some regulars,lots of newbies.

Eurohub at Cabancaland is good, outside and inside tables, smoking outside. Mat bowling Sunday afternoon is a pleasant change and good chance to catch up with old friends.

Several other places for live music.

I think what has changed is the people.... some move temporarily, some permanently , seems to be very few organizing get together"s ...

my two bobs worth...

• Like 4

Pretty much forced to go to Cebu today on business..
Malls just the same,traffic unbearable.. Got stuck in taxi from SM to pier one and missed the damned 4.20 boat home..Grrr..

I go out here once or twice a week for 4/5/ or 10 ice cold SMB`s..Great company and smokers are always welcome pretty much anywhere on the island.
Definitely more fun in Dauis and Panglao! Home sweet home.

• Like 1

Haha, i may take a look at them.
Malls just the same,traffic unbearable.. Got stuck in taxi from SM to pier one and missed the damned 4.20 boat home..Grrr..

I go out here once or twice a week for 4/5/ or 10 ice cold SMB`s..Great company and smokers are always welcome pretty much anywhere on the island.
Plenty of smoking bars in Cebu, most not frequented by foreigners.

When a boat is missed best to walk to the nearest sound of karaoke. At 4pm it's guaranteed to find a few fellow patrons and maybe a lady of the afternoon.

Tagbilaran port has trike drivers, it's more fun in Cebu!

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

jtmwatchbiz
On 10/30/2018 at 10:34 PM, fred42 said:

Malls just the same,traffic unbearable..

i still only hang out in malls.  plenty of expats there.  most of you have probably met me already.  i'm the guy that will walk up and ask you what time it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1