Soupeod

NFL

SkyMan
3 hours ago, saigon46 said:

I believe tv5 also carries the fox games also.  All 4 games last week were on. Tv5 channel 10.

Ok, right.  Both Sunday morning games on the TV5 schedule.  Monday's schedule not updated yet.

KID

I hope the Colts brought their snowshoes to Arrowhead cuz KC area is sitting under5"- 7" of snow in some spots and looking for more

Edited by KID
  • Like 1

SkyMan
59 minutes ago, KID said:

I hope the Colts brought their snowshoes to Arrowhead cuz KC area is sitting under5"- 7" of snow in some spots and looking for more

I'm sure the field will be cleared but what matters is if it is snowing during the game. Colts will take a hit for having a damn domed stadium and now they have to play a real game. 

• Like 1

KID
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I'm sure the field will be cleared but what matters is if it is snowing during the game. Colts will take a hit for having a damn domed stadium and now they have to play a real game. 

arow heads field has heated plumbing under it so the field its self will be 60 they said. forecast calling for snow during game hours

• Like 2

Headshot

Don't watch this unless you want to know how the game ends...

KID

Video didnt show one of my favorite parts of the game---- KC slapped down 3 of Luck's passes in a row in the first quarter :)

Headshot
11 minutes ago, KID said:

Video didnt show one of my favorite parts of the game---- KC slapped down 3 of Luck's passes in a row in the first quarter :)

Yeah ... the highlight videos always make judgement calls about what plays were important and which plays weren't ... and sometimes they leave out plays we felt were important. However, the ability to watch much of the game without commercials and a lot of commentator side remarks makes it a fair trade-off for me.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Headshot

Again, don't watch this unless you want to know how the game ends...

Headshot

Again, don't watch unless you want to know the score...

Headshot

And again... don't watch if you don't want to know.

SkyMan
On 1/13/2019 at 12:19 AM, KID said:

arow heads field has heated plumbing under it so the field its self will be 60 they said. forecast calling for snow during game hours

Sideline girl said it was heated to no lower than 40 but there was still snow on the field for the first quarter or so.  I thought it might be a mud pit by the end of the game because there was a visible scrape in the field after 2 plays but it held up well.  Colts non-offense sure made the Chief's D look good.  The announcers were really talking it up and statistically they played awesome but I think the real credit goes to the Colts just playing flat.  I figured on a KC win but a closer game as the Colts played pretty well the week before.  Had the Colts managed even just a few 1st Downs in the 1st half I think it would have ended up a close game.

Pats looked really solid, unfortunately.  3 Quarters with only 1 punt and you get that one back off a muff. Should be a good game next week.

NFC games were more exciting as all 4 teams came to play.  Good comeback for Brees after a sluggish start.  No repeat for the Eagles.

Guess I'll be rooting for a KC/LA SB.

Monday

NFC 0405 Fox  AFC 0740 CBS

KID
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Should be a good game next week.

The local weather report is calling for snow and 13 degrees. last I checked Vegas was taking KC by 3. My son wants to buy us tickets, I just laughed at him and said the only reason I am going outside in that mess is to check on the pork butt in the smoker

Edited by KID
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
48 minutes ago, KID said:

The local weather report is calling for snow and 13 degrees. last I checked Vegas was taking KC by 3. My son wants to buy us tickets, I just laughed at him and said the only reason I am going outside in that mess is to check on the pork butt in the smoker

With an attitude like that, Arrowhead will be full of Brady jerseys.    True football fans own a coat and are not phased by any weather reports.

KID
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Arrowhead will be full of Brady jerseys.

That will be the day

5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

True football fans own a coat and are not phased by any weather reports.

ya well, these old bones dont do well in the cold so I will choose the recliner, big screen and BBQ over freezing,plastic seats and $9 dixie cups of beer. not to mention $60 to park my ride

So will you be getting up in the wee hours of the AM to watch the game or will you be watching them later at your convenience ???

SkyMan
23 minutes ago, KID said:

That will be the day

ya well, these old bones dont do well in the cold so I will choose the recliner, big screen and BBQ over freezing,plastic seats and $9 dixie cups of beer. not to mention $60 to park my ride

So will you be getting up in the wee hours of the AM to watch the game or will you be watching them later at your convenience ???

I used to take the bus from the park-n-ride to the stadium.  They had special buses direct to the stadium for games and drop you right at the gate.  I'd go early and party with the tailgaters a bit.  Round trip was reasonable and it was really fun riding with a lot of fans.  I brought a cooler with a very large sandwich and a six of beer. As for the seats,  I don't recall sitting much.

I'll likely be up at the wee hours but only 4AM this weekend.  I'm very limited on bandwidth so if I can watch on regular TV it's a big plus.  Even if I watch later, it's still just TV.  The playoffs are generally the best games of the year (SBs often suck) and I don't even have a horse in the race.  Being at the game is so much more fun and spending a few hours with your son screaming is a big consideration too.  The Chiefs are in the AFCC about every 25 years, do you want to miss this one?

• Like 1