HeyMike

Putting Paint to Canvas

Enuff

Beautiful painting Mike.

Funny,I was just bragging about you 2 weeks ago at BI. Sat next to a young guy from Texas, had been in Cebu for a year painting. His work is very dark but good.

I showed him your piece you did for me then your website. He loved your abstract work. Said it must have killed you to do a traditional painting.

Thank you very much, we still love it.

Here are a couple I found of his work.9c0da4e1e6784c76b40087fe297390c3.jpgcbaf08a9ebdbee8f3aa42118a83a999b.jpg

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

HeyMike
3 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Beautiful painting Mike.

Funny,I was just bragging about you 2 weeks ago at BI. Sat next to a young guy from Texas, had been in Cebu for a year painting. His work is very dark but good.

I showed him your piece you did for me then your website. He loved your abstract work. Said it must have killed you to do a traditional painting.

Thank you very much, we still love it.

Here are a couple I found of his work.9c0da4e1e6784c76b40087fe297390c3.jpgcbaf08a9ebdbee8f3aa42118a83a999b.jpg

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Good work from your Texas friend. Creative and expressive of the artist, I believe. 

Thank you Enuff, I appreciate your kind words about my work. I don't mind doing traditional work, although my next series of paintings will be a little more expressive, I hope. 

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

nice portrayal of an artist's impression of lahug mikey.   i hope you post more images of your work in this thread. 

• Thanks 1

HeyMike
1 hour ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

nice portrayal of an artist's impression of lahug mikey.   i hope you post more images of your work in this thread. 

Thank you jtm for your comment. I will do as you suggest and post my latest work in this thread. I wish I had a gallery where people can see the actual work. Photos are better than nothing, but nothing like seeing the original piece.

If you know any art gallery owners with some bare wall space needing work, let me know (wink).

• Like 2

RogerDat
20 hours ago, HeyMike said:

I spend most of my waking hours (and some non-waking hours) oil painting on stretched canvas. My latest work is Lahug, Cebu City.

Please feel free to comment. All comments are welcomed; good, bad, or indifferent.

LahugCebuASmB.jpg.7a4eba43fb825af66a80966ac2a4e9ad.jpg

Lahug, Cebu City

oil on canvas

48 x 60 inches

Looks like the view from SM parking garage down ramp. Nice!

• Thanks 1

Headshot
9 hours ago, HeyMike said:

If you know any art gallery owners with some bare wall space needing work, let me know (wink).

SM City Mall Cebu has (or had) an art gallery on the second floor (next to where the VECO office was) where they display the work of local artists. Maybe you could contact the administrative offices at SM City and find out more details. I haven't been paying attention lately, but they used to have displays quite often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HeyMike
19 minutes ago, Headshot said:

SM City Mall Cebu has (or had) an art gallery on the second floor (next to where the VECO office was) where they display the work of local artists. Maybe you could contact the administrative offices at SM City and find out more details. I haven't been paying attention lately, but they used to have displays quite often.

Thank you for the good info Headshot. I am going to look into it.

lamoe

Have seen paintings for sale in Ayala but I believe show area is rented.

• Thanks 1

HeyMike
13 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Have seen paintings for sale in Ayala but I believe show area is rented.

Thanks lamoe. It has been a while since I have been to the malls. I am usually in the City twice a year, and that is going to the airport and coming from the airport. Guess it is time to make a City run.

lamoe
25 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Thanks lamoe. It has been a while since I have been to the malls. I am usually in the City twice a year, and that is going to the airport and coming from the airport. Guess it is time to make a City run.

Pm me before you come with the dates - I'll check it out for you - to see if you need display hardware and table / chair etc.

HeyMike
4 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Pm me before you come with the dates - I'll check it out for you - to see if you need display hardware and table / chair etc.

Thanks lamoe, I will pm you if you want to get together for a coffee or drink, but I will not be renting any space. I do want to look around the city and see what is there. I will have to go with my brother-in-law. I am here for 10 years now and still don't know how to get around the city...lol.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, HeyMike said:

...I am here for 10 years now and still don't know how to get around the city...lol.

I didn't know you were an Aussie...:biggrin_01:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

HeyMike
5 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I didn't know you were an Aussie...:biggrin_01:

Crikey mite, have another Fostuh's. (wink)

• Haha 1

Ozepete

Mike did two paintings of my late brother for me. One we gave to my Bros eldest son for a wedding gift. 

Absolutely fabulous work and Mike couldn't be more helpful in getting the paintings secure and to my wifey when she was in Cebu city. 

Thanks Mike. 

KenPaintingA (2).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2