Australian Humour

cookie47

cookie47
Australian humor from the Herald Sun causing quite a stir in some circles. A cartoon depicting Serena Williams' tantrum at the U.S. Open.
serena.jpg.ed5ea3c535cd67cb9191852026cb43e5.jpg
Yes "Roger" I saw that in my Australian ABC (Australian) News feed.
Despite the cartoonist and "some" sections of the community appearing to see it as funny i get the impression that the vast majority including myself "don't". Despite what she did or did not do this depiction of an utter champion is wrong.

You will notice i didn't give it a thumbs up which could give the wrong impression...

When it comes to International issues on this forum i tread lightly and with respect..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cookie47

• Salty Dog

• Ozepete

• petecebu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australian Men are big on "Mateship".    This explains it perfectly! A Testimony to True Mateship A man brings his best mate home for dinner unannounced at 5.30 p.m. after work. His wif

An American was driving through the out back and came across an Aussie shagging a kangaroo, shook his head and kept driving. An hour later he stopped at a pub for a pint and walked in and saw a one le

A man in Melbourne walked into the produce section of his local supermarket and asked to buy half a head of cabbage.   The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole heads of

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man
26 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

this depiction of an utter champion is wrong.

Well, that may be so if it is a female who wants to be treated like a male.  But if it's a real male, like John McEnroe, then he gets depicted the same and we all have a laugh.

541347467_JohnMcEnroe.jpg.babb530b351764ea28c03ed652cf655a.jpg1596381297_John2.thumb.png.b3ac092eac741aa716393cfe897f7c3d.png

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yes "Roger" I saw that in my Australian ABC (Australian) News feed.
Despite the cartoonist and "some" sections of the community appearing to see it as funny i get the impression that the vast majority including myself "don't". Despite what she did or did not do this depiction of an utter champion is wrong.

You will notice i didn't give it a thumbs up which could give the wrong impression...

When it comes to International issues on this forum i tread lightly and with respect..

Sorry Cookie I have to disagree but of course if you got the ABC version of opinion (Australians Broadcasting Communism) then there were those there who say it was racist etc, but whats new from that mob? 

It was a CARTOON FFS!   A cartoon that depicted a despicable piece of bad sportsmanship and because the woman is BLACK are they supposed to whiten her up or what! All those critics of the 'dummy spit' cartoonist yet not one comment about a world champions disgusting behaviour or the fact that the moment for the other player (the winner) was demeaned by this selfish bitch! If it was a whit male there would be no critics 

Good, the Herald Sun stuck it up the critics the next day by plastering the cartoon over their front page. 

Bad behaviour should be open to ridicule or is that only applicable to male white?

And where were the critics when our sweet mild mannered Ozzie player Nick Kyrgios was depicted as a dickhead, just because he is!

BTW Utter champions don't act like spoilt brats... Look at Roger Federrer for example!

Kyrgios.png

Edited by Ozepete
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

ou will notice i didn't give it a thumbs up which could give the wrong impression...

sc0023e6e7.jpg

• Like 2
cookie47

Pete, yes sometimes one's literally expertise (mine) comes across faulty.

Very true the other competitor lost all the accolades she should have been given.

Regardless of the race issue i really viewed that cartoon depiction so "visually" distasteful and maybe (the cartoon) could have better portrayed better but with the same intent.

Anyway i don't even watch the tennis unless there's nothing else on and its raining so I'm in no position to really comment on Kerios. I only commented on Rogers post as it fell into Aussie humour.. But rereading your reply many times i do see where you coming from.

• Like 1
cookie47
On 9/13/2018 at 12:14 AM, HTM said:

sc0023e6e7.thumb.jpg.58b4883f0485d565838908fb202e0c84.jpg

Love it, Love it, made my day.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

What has 32 legs and 5 teeth?

The queue outside an Aussie methadone clinic...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
cookie47
What has 32 legs and 5 teeth?
The queue outside an Aussie methadone clinic...
For our Aussie members i thought it would be a group of 16 Collingwood Supporters

cookie47

Just a day in the Subdivision

55b8f5ff6eed5ab79aa1bea34d5026fd.jpg

• Haha 2
cookie47

Christmas is coming b6d2ecbb5e37710e568455addb907e37.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
cookie47

Aussie goes out with a new girlfriend.

Takes her to the zoo. Had a wonderful day. Just leaving they walk passed the Monkeys. One male monkey was fixing this female right up.
The lad thinks this is my opportunity..

He says to Girlfriend "I wish I was doing that"

The girlfriend replied, Why don't you ask the monkey she might oblige...

• Like 4

Heard the same - only about a sheep herder

Girl says "Go ahead they're your sheep"

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1