Jump to content

Australian Humour


cookie47

Recommended Posts

cookie47

ADVERTISEMENT IN NEWSPAPER.

WANTED

Woman with boat.

Duties, Clean, Cook, Occasional Sex.

Call 041...............

Ps, please send picture of Boat..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • cookie47

    49

  • Salty Dog

    47

  • Ozepete

    12

  • petecebu

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australian Men are big on "Mateship".    This explains it perfectly! A Testimony to True Mateship A man brings his best mate home for dinner unannounced at 5.30 p.m. after work. His wif

An American was driving through the out back and came across an Aussie shagging a kangaroo, shook his head and kept driving. An hour later he stopped at a pub for a pint and walked in and saw a one le

A man in Melbourne walked into the produce section of his local supermarket and asked to buy half a head of cabbage.   The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole heads of

Posted Images

  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Australian Humour! Isn't that an oxymoron...:P

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
Australian Humour! Isn't that an oxymoron...
Probably, but i known a few "Morons in my time

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
cookie47

Yeh, i had second thoughts on posting it now. May have not gone down too well in some quarters, but that's life. Its not uncommon to see it on T shirts for sale in Sunday markets in Aus..particularly Darwin.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

.....particularly Darwin.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
 

Isn't that where they have those awards every year? ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
Isn't that where they have those awards every year? ...
Yeah i don't know about Awards,

but maybe your thinking of the "Beer" can Regatta.
A beach side event(including family) where people, groups, clubs, have built Boats made out of Beer cans,and yes were talking about water craft that do actually float (well mostly) . I worked for the government transport Dept and we built a third size bus.The fun part was consuming the beer in the previous 6 months.

The other event is Mud crab "Tying".
Made famous by a local pub.

Participants with bare feet stand in a circular enclosure. 5 (i think) Mud crabs are laid out on the floor and the idea is to tie their legs (like the professionals do) with massive nippers) claws (which can take a toe off) in the shortest amount of time.

Both these events are noted for their copious amounts of alcohol.
I'm guessing these events are on YouTube........

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yeah i don't know about Awards,

but maybe your thinking of the "Beer" can Regatta.
A beach side event(including family) where people, groups, clubs, have built Boats made out of Beer cans,and yes were talking about water craft that do actually float (well mostly) . I worked for the government transport Dept and we built a third size bus.The fun part was consuming the beer in the previous 6 months.

The other event is Mud crab "Tying".
Made famous by a local pub.

Participants with bare feet stand in a circular enclosure. 5 (i think) Mud crabs are laid out on the floor and the idea is to tie their legs (like the professionals do) with massive nippers) claws (which can take a toe off) in the shortest amount of time.

Both these events are noted for their copious amounts of alcohol. emoji23.png
I'm guessing these events are on YouTube........

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
 

Maybe you should import the Turkey Testicle Festival

image.thumb.png.568d88114b708c30b0bd84198bb12e3d.png

Use this one "What you looken at?"

image.thumb.png.13559042c86dfd55ec568cbb148b6e7d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47

Well i looked it up, quite interesting.
But what's with the 21 and over thing.

I assume its the Local alcohol laws.?


Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Well i looked it up, quite interesting.
But what's with the 21 and over thing.

I assume its the Local alcohol laws.?


Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
 

Yep - happens in other  small towns also - would shut down main street for vendors

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20170930/having-ball-at-byron-turkey-testicle-festival

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yeah i don't know about Awards,

...

I was referring to the Darwin Awards ... ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dart69 said:

I was referring to the Darwin Awards ... ?

Those are open to everyone and awarded in any country

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
I was referring to the Darwin Awards ...
Yes got yah now,

I left in 1987 so not so familiar with them.
I did look up Google and it jogged my memory

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond

Australian humor from the Herald Sun causing quite a stir in some circles. A cartoon depicting Serena Williams' tantrum at the U.S. Open.

serena.jpg.ed5ea3c535cd67cb9191852026cb43e5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..