Sign in to follow this  
mikewright

Apo Island Accommodation?

mikewright

Looking for information about accommodation on Apo Island for a short stay, say 3 – 6 days.

Recently did a day trip to Apo Island from Zamboanguita (south of Dumaguete, Negros), and was seriously impressed with the snorkelling there. The divers reckoned it was a pretty special place as well.

Would like to stay on the island itself for a few days, rather than doing day trips from Siquijor or Negros. Accommodation details online seem a bit sketchy, with tripadvisor currently listing one place only, at $156 per night, whereas one blog referred to dorm accommodation at 800 pesos a night.

Anyone know of other options?

If you like snorkelling, I would seriously recommend Apo island. A few pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4

Davaoeno
mikewright

Thanks mate, but I think you'll find those places are not on Apo Island itself, but are on Negros. I'm looking for places on the island itself.

Cheers
Mike

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, mikewright said:

Thanks mate, but I think you'll find those places are not on Apo Island itself, but are on Negros. I'm looking for places on the island itself.

Cheers
Mike

damn and here I thought i solved your problem !!  [ I notice now the catchword "view" - sneaky bastards !! ]

• Like 1

mikewright
11 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

damn and here I thought i solved your problem !!  [ I notice now the catchword "view" - sneaky bastards !! ]

Yeah - one has to read the fine print ?.

• Haha 1

mikewright
7 minutes ago, Enuff said:

https://www.apoislandresort.com/accommodation

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, that looks good. I originally skimmed over their ad, as their address is shown as Dauin, Negros Oriental. 

Apo Island Beach Resort×
Apo Island, Dauin, Negros Oriental, Phillippines  

My bad.

This is the place that has the 800 pesos a night dorm, but I see it also has rooms. Looks good, thanks again!

• Thanks 1

snt mig

Hi Mike... I used to live on Apo so I know it well... For accommodations,there are 2 Resorts. Libertys  Lodge and Apo Island Beach Resort.. There are also a few local homestays available. If you have the $$,www.apoislandresort.com would definitely be the place to stay..Its in a small cove all by itself,away from noisy,boats,tourists,dogs and...roosters !!. There is good snorkeling in front. Contact me if any more info needed/wanted.

Cheers,michael

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

mikewright

Thanks Michael, much appreciated.

Davaoeno
11 hours ago, snt mig said:

If you have the $$,www.apoislandresort.com would definitely be the place to stay

Apoislandresort seems to offer rates at all levels. The most expensive being 3400 a night 

• Like 1

Dafey

Awesome photo Mike...did you take that?

1.jpg

mikewright
5 hours ago, Dafey said:

Awesome photo Mike...did you take that?

1.jpg

No, would like to say it was, but that one was taken by the buddy I was traveling with.

My photos were much more ordinary :sad_01::

42474983724_fe17680b18_o.jpg

• Like 1

Dafey

I'm just glad you didn't say the turtle was taking a selfie with you in the background!

• Haha 2

Enuff
I'm just glad you didn't say the turtle was taking a selfie with you in the background!
Turtles don't have thumbs

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 2