Davaoeno

Stock recommendations - Philippines Exchange

profits101
22 hours ago, rfm010 said:

Maybe something to look into for those not wise enough to sell the farm and put all the proceeds into amrn (u.s. stock).  Steal the neighbor's farm and put that money in as well.

I have a pretty decent position in $AMRN, and thinking additional run-up to the Nov 10 additional data release. I like other meditates, but actually making the big money in pot stocks. Long $PYX and $PURA.

Cgu
18 minutes ago, profits101 said:

I have a pretty decent position in $AMRN, and thinking additional run-up to the Nov 10 additional data release. I like other meditates, but actually making the big money in pot stocks. Long $PYX and $PURA.

Yes, pot stocks are (were) great! I had a go at it (see below), but got stopped out after I think I tripled my money in less than 3 weeks...never got in again and currently I stay out (since Aphira reported this week...growing rates are not justifying rates). Anyway, ride it as long as the price is going up (the higher the tighter the leash:D). Good luck

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/106419-bitcoincryptocurrency/?do=findComment&comment=1501920

rfm010
12 hours ago, profits101 said:

I'm just thinking i'm too late to the game to get into pot stocks.  Current prices dont seem justified but with so many players out there some are bound to still score big.  But which ones?  Got me.  Hopefully the wave will continue for you.  Biotech is already more excitement than is good for me.

PURA.  Cannabis infused beverages.  Must be something to it given the canopy situation but i'm just having trouble wrapping my head around the idea of selling bong water.   : )

Cgu

If only Philippine Stocks are of interest;  SMC and FB (San Miguel Food) are surely a stock to keep an eye on. They are (still) growing fast and will have an "IPO" tomorrow (not really IPO, rather a re-IPO, but the company will have a new name. They will sell (float) stocks of FB (or the new company), which could lift the stock even more - depending on the take up. The public will have access only next week. The price they are going to get will be very interesting.  But in any case it will add a lot to the "war chest"  of SMC. However, SMC or FB are not a cheap stocks, but might be worth it.

For most of the public they might get an expensive "IPO" next week, so my recommendation if you do not get the "cheap" price, is to wait until the "quiet" period is over (should be normally 6 months)

(People who do not trade on the PSE can get easy access to through ADR stock in the US ticker: SMGBY (there the whole transaction will cost you only 1USD :D - so very cheap to "probe" the market a build up the position)

Edited by Cgu

Cgu

Also, if people want to play safe, I got offered today 2 year ROP bond at around 7% (around 5.5% net) and time deposit for 3.2% net/net (after tax, commission etc.). Not to sniff at either if you just have money laying around - adds to the monthly income :D.

I expect the 2 years hitting 9-10% soon (around 8+ net), as it was around 4-4.5 at the beginning of the year. It will be a viable alternative way to make money instead of property (and of course liquid).

Edited by Cgu

Cgu

I had a "probe" on the 19th at SMC and went ok - I might add some more, as I can now easy put a stop loss with 5% gain (so that is already 100% gain). This share is really very interesting, as it was nearly the only one, which went up during the drop last week (I would love to own the preferred shares though..., but no deal). 

However, I think FB (San Mig Food) can be also an interesting play - not as short term as SMC - might "probe" as well (keep a little "tight" leash though at first). The share has nearly doubled in 1 year, but I think it could go a little more (PS ratio is nearly 20% lower than other food companies).

Also, consumer staples are normally doing well when interest rates are rising (banks sometimes), but this time the raising interest rate are not because of a strong economy, but inflation fear and currency stability...so lets see.

• Like 1