Sign in to follow this  
TequilaSunset

Keto Lifestyle

TequilaSunset

This is going to sound really dumb, any of you doing like a Keto lifestyle? Maybe carnivore diet lifestyle? I recently started Keto and I am just curious how you can stay with it while living there. My biggest struggle will be avoiding rice, I love it!

• Like 2

Dafey

Are you talking about staying in ketosis? Easy here if you like pork. Eggs, fish and pork rinds instead of chips. As you said, stay away from rice.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

As you said, stay away from rice.

And bread, and beer, and potatoes, and everything else that tastes good. ?  Tried it but I need carbs and most things here have carbs and/or sugar in them.  Snake diet works (eat nothing for a long time, just like snakes do.  Digest your own fat.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dafey

Once you’re in ketosis you can have carbs. Some veggies, anything that ends in ‘berry’, kiwi and stuff like that. I found I could drink up to 5 Miller light, (low carb beer) or tequila straight without taking me out of ketosis. Not sure how many carbs in SM Lite but could be a good alternative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

colemanlee

My middle son is having a problem with his weight, told him to not eat rice, just fish, chicken, beef (we dont eat pork because of the fat) and stuff like broccoli, anything green....he is losing about a kilo a week and is very happy with the results, he also goes to karate class for a few hours a week and has a regimen of exercise. 

• Like 4

TequilaSunset

Thanks for the replies. I am into my 2nd week, the fatigue during the day has passed. I feel I have more energy, and I don't have that crash after my mainly carb heavy meals. I miss just chowing down on all the crap, but I had to make some changes. My strength in the gym sucks now, so I switched to lighter high volume workouts, and sweat like crazy!

My next visit later on this year, I am going to have a difficult time not eating rice... I might even cry!

27 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Once you’re in ketosis you can have carbs. Some veggies, anything that ends in ‘berry’, kiwi and stuff like that. I found I could drink up to 5 Miller light, (low carb beer) or tequila straight without taking me out of ketosis. Not sure how many carbs in SM Lite but could be a good alternative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEQUILA!!!!

• Like 2

Dafey
14 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

TEQUILA!!!!

Yes tequila has a slimming effect...especially when taken in volume.

I've been living extremely low carbs for the last 25 years. As you said, many adjustments but my health has improved, (not to even mention my weight). I still eat carbs but try to stay away from empty carbs. Veggies are generally good but bread, rice, flour, sugar these are things I avoid like the plague. In fact, I consider them poison to my system. Once you look at things in that respect it's easier. Sugar free drinks are the hardest for me to find.

After you've achieved the body mass that you want, convert to a maintenance diet and add smart carbs. In the beginning it's tough but if you stay in deep ketosis you will be burning fat while your sleeping and the results are rapid.

Pork rinds are good for snacks as there are no carbs. A hard boiled egg is very filling when I'm in a stretch between meals. Corn is a good substitute once in a while as your body doesn't digest/metabolize it very fast. In fact, they have 'Corn Rice' here. Basically grits but a little in moderation is okay. In fact, @Enuff has converted his whole family to corn rice. that's all they eat. Better for them. Popcorn is okay once you've started maintenance. Smoked oysters, hot dogs, Spam or any kind of meat. Shrimp! Oh my god! Do you like shrimp? I get prawns for 600 pesos a kilo...$6 a pound? regular shrimp are half that price.

@colemanlee has talked about the fat factor in pork and I agree but I severely trim the fresh pork I get at market and give the fat/skin to the BIL's who think I'm crazy. My slow cooked liempo is awesome and low fat.

A ketosis diet seems to work best for those that have a type O blood. These blood types convert empty cabs into fat very quickly where as my wife, type B can survive on a complete diet of rice and never seem to gain an ounce

As far as your workout, you need to decide what you want to accomplish. If you are planning on running marathons or want to be a world class swimmer...this is the wrong diet. However, you protein intake will be sufficient to build muscle. And, your workout energy will come back if you stay in ketosis but workout 3-6 days a week. 

Disclaimer: consult your physician before starting any kind of diet or exercise program! 

Good reading: Eat Right for Your Type, The Atkins Diet

• Like 3

TequilaSunset

I'm worried about loose skin, but for now, I am more worried about the weigh and my carb addiction  <--- that struggle is REAL!

Salty Dog

If all else fails, you can join me at the next NAAFA meeting...:P

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
3 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Snake diet works (eat nothing for a long time, just like snakes do.  Digest your own fat.

The problem with that is that you also start burning your own protein, ie: your muscles, including the heart muscle.

2 hours ago, colemanlee said:

just fish, chicken, beef (we dont eat pork because of the fat)

Try goat and rabbit, both meats have less fat and are better for you than chicken or beef. No strong taste in the goat if they are raised properly and the males are castrated at 6 weeks old.

• Like 3

Dafey
4 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

I'm worried about loose skin, but for now, I am more worried about the weigh and my carb addiction  <--- that struggle is REAL!

Stretch marks suck...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TequilaSunset

The perfect Keto meme....c0364591192d9dcecb3d791c06fa2654.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RogerDat

I lost 16 K in 35 days, talk about loose skin! Remember, if you have no fat on your bones, and get really sick, you can die from weight loss.

• Like 2

Dafey
2 hours ago, RogerDat said:

if you have no fat on your bones, and get really sick, you can die from weight loss.

But I'll look really good in my coffin!

• Haha 2

lamoe
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

But I'll look really good in my coffin!

Kind of an extreme way to get an improvement in appearance?