Philippine Electrical

cookie47

cookie47

@Woolf.
Picture of fuse box as requested.

Each fuse is "Two in one" One lever operating two circuits.The "main" fuse is the lower left. Being a two story building i thought that the boxes would be Upper and lower.
NAH that's too easy.

Sorry about the picture quality.... 118e583b66b48962ec86963c3d144fbb.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cookie47

• Woolf

• Steven Mactan

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Notice that in VECO area you have 2 hots light switches are single pole, so even with switch turned off you still have 1 hot at the lamp socket always turn off  breaker when working on elect

I suggest the only thing your missing is an acceptance of "This is Philippines and that is how it is done here".  Just take a good look at the wiring on everyone else's appliances and outlets and you

maybe not, but falling down the ladder hitting your head on the tilled floor could

Posted Images

Woolf

@cookie47

Thanks for the picture

the breaker at the bottom row to the left is that a safety breaker 30 mA  ?

cookie47
[mention=18904]cookie47[/mention]
Thanks for the picture
the breaker at the bottom row to the left is that a safety breaker 30 mA  ?
No, (in my opinion) based on visual experience in Australia.

ALL breakers are the same VISUALLY including the one you mentioned,however they have amperage numbering from 60,32, 20,16,. Plus there is no pattern in there fitment.
Both the electrician and the VECO linesmen (who connected the house) say that a safety switch, RSD or whatever one likes to
call it is not needed which to me is slightly confusing, but to be fair I'm not used to this "two hots wiring method). So everything is fine, no shocks from items with steel cases even in bare feet. So I'm going to run with it until I get a another good english speaking electrician to ask.
Thanks Woolf for you input and interest.

Woolf

@cookie47

Hmmmmmm   not needed   well well

if you happen to touch one the hots and have a safety breaker it will kick out before you get killed

also if there is a "half" short to some metal frame, the frame will be hot and  it could kill you , could also start a fire

I take it that the 60 amp breaker is the main one, I would have the main breaker changed to like the one shown in picture below

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/electric-circuit-breaker-chint-63a-2p-with-overload-and-short-circuit-protection-i226078363-s299344952.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.9.150e7f76AN9AxL&search=1

e1d30ac70b2f4346bf4aadf16da939ae.jpg

Woolf

In fact I have ordered one from lazada to have installed in my house

unfortunately my house have the old american style breakers

Edited by Woolf
cookie47
[mention=18904]cookie47[/mention]
Hmmmmmm   not needed   well well
 if you happen to touch one the hots and have a safety breaker it will kick out before you get killed
also if there is a "half" short to some metal frame, the frame will be hot and  it could kill you , could also start a fire
I take it that the 60 amp breaker is the main one, I would have the main breaker changed to like the one shown in picture below

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/electric-circuit-breaker-chint-63a-2p-with-overload-and-short-circuit-protection-i226078363-s299344952.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.9.150e7f76AN9AxL&search=1
e1d30ac70b2f4346bf4aadf16da939ae.jpg&key=3e510bca4814da58d4ffffb4202660edad5006c4159785b4572d8b7b73add470
Yes agreed on ALL points you make.

As i said i will eventually find a well qualified English speaking electrician to ask. I think myself there is something we particularly ME are not seeing here. Could all the separate breakers be a acually fitted with a safety switch built in.
I mention this as i have seen an American reference on YouTube where an upgraded three pin outlet can be fitted WITH an RSD built in.

Any thoughts..

Woolf

if it does not have a test button  it is  NOT a safety breaker

Edited by Woolf
cookie47
if it does not have a test button  it is  NOT a safety switch

Exactly

Woolf

As I wrote before   

I would change the main 60 amp breaker to the one in the picture above

you can get it from lazada cost  699 php

cookie47
As I wrote before   
I would change the main 60 amp breaker to the one in the picture above
you can get it from lazada cost  699 php
Yes, good idea thanks. BTW.
I've just done a Google search for Philippines safety switch. Although not comprehensive i didn't get one hit.

I can get plenty of Philippines wiring Code advice but need to go through it.
I'll keep you posted..

Woolf

I have for the last couple of years  asked about safety breaker at multi hardware stores

none  seems to know about them

At atlantic hardware  they had an outlet with safety breaker  that is not what I want

a little like the one below

Relateret billede

Edited by Woolf
Woolf

how to wire safety breaker

+ = hot,  - = hot      for veco area

hpfi instal ph.png

• Like 1
cookie47
I have for the last couple of years  asked about safety breaker at multi hardware store
none  seems to know about them
At atlantic hardware  they had an outlet with safety breaker  that is not what I want
a little like the one below
a-ground-fault-circuit-interrupter-or-gfci-outlet-A1R67E.jpg&key=5185751ad9fa4a933195a26c5e6a112cf3568d89d0324375cef8fcb2051a2296
Yes, this was the product that You tube mentioned. Apparently it is a preferred and straightforward method in some US states in providing a safety switch to individual circuits.
But not my preferred option.

I've also pondered why outlets here don't have separate off/on switches. IE as in Australia.
I understand that just plugging in an electrical item is "ok" but alien to me.

I asked in ACE, and and got that funny look. What's he on about...

Woolf
1 minute ago, cookie47 said:

I've also pondered why outlets here don't have separate off/on switches. IE as in Australia.
I understand that just plugging in an electrical item is "ok" but alien to me.

many ears ago  all outlets had a switch too  here in denmark

but that is no more mandatory 

• Like 1
On 7/14/2018 at 1:20 PM, cookie47 said:

He says drill hole in wall and use screw, REALLY,!!!!.ON A NEW HOUSE.

Question for the experts: Does that method really work?  I do get a buzz sometimes when i touch the back-plate of my computer, maybe a screw in a wall can fix that, but would it be enough if there is a real electrical fault?