FOXSSLOTS

220v to 110v transformer needed

FOXSSLOTS

Need a 220v stepdown to 110v to run my american 110v Keurig coffee maker - 1500 w is supposedly the rating.  Where can I get one in Cebu?

• Like 1

Woolf
Davaoeno
6 minutes ago, FOXSSLOTS said:

Need a 220v stepdown to 110v to run my american 110v Keurig coffee maker - 1500 w is supposedly the rating.  Where can I get one in Cebu?

Every hardware store and every department store. Make sure it's rated high enough or you will keep blowing fuses.

My heavy duty blender has been hooked up to a 150 W Panther model for 8 years with no problems

Davaoeno

It shouldnt cost you more than about 800? pesos 

I also have one of those 2000 W transformers. It is almost as big as a car battery and weighs about the same . Its definitely not the kind of thing you want on your kitchen counter !!  I only use it for heavy duty tools . Also if you buy one of those giants do not leave it plugged in because it draws a fair amount of power non stop .

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2

Headshot

I got mine at True Value Hardware in Ayala.

• Like 1

Woolf
5 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Every hardware store and every department store. Make sure it's rated high enough or you will keep blowing fuses.

My heavy duty blender has been hooked up to a 150 W Panther model for 8 years with no problems

OP says  coffee maker is 1500 watt, to handle 1500 watt takes some heavy  transformer

• Like 1

Enuff

I use the car battery type 5000w step-up/step-down transformer.

I don't think I'll ever need 5000w but I'd hate to buy a 2000w and need more juice.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

lopburi3

Highly recommend transforming ourselves into using electric equipment designed for the country we are in rather than transformers - besides removing the ground safety factor they are a huge energy waste, extremely heavy, take up space, unsightly and in general is real PIA.  As almost everything will get plugged into a 230v outlet at some point and be destroyed believe it better to buy new and avoid all those issues - plus the chance of a transformer caused fire (they are normally very cheaply made and overrated).   

• Thanks 1

FOXSSLOTS
36 minutes ago, Woolf said:

2000 w not recommended - i was told to double my requirement - so 3000 w would be min.  

RogerDat

I have 2, 1500 watt transformers that came from ACE Hardware. They both cost over P2000, so I would think a 3000 watt would cost more. Would a local coffee maker not be cheaper in the long run?

FOXSSLOTS
Just now, RogerDat said:

I have 2, 1500 watt transformers that came from ACE Hardware. They both cost over P2000, so I would think a 3000 watt would cost more. Would a local coffee maker not be cheaper in the long run?

love my american coffee and the K cup format of 1 cup at a time - guess I am spoiled - I think I found a 5000w on Lazada but I was told they are very unreliable with the shipping - especially where I live in a remote area of Danao City

• Like 1

RogerDat

As heavy as they are, would be surprised if  you got it in a week there.

Enuff
love my american coffee and the K cup format of 1 cup at a time - guess I am spoiled - I think I found a 5000w on Lazada but I was told they are very unreliable with the shipping - especially where I live in a remote area of Danao City

If you ship prepaid you can use my address in Liloan or drop off the money for COD. We get deliveries from LBC, Lazada and shopee weekly.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

OP says  coffee maker is 1500 watt, to handle 1500 watt takes some heavy  transformer

I just checked my Osterizer Imperial blender. It is 1200 watts . The 150W transformer has handled it for 9 years now .

A_Simple_Man
19 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I just checked my Osterizer Imperial blender. It is 1200 watts . The 150W transformer has handled it for 9 years now .

And that does not strike you as a little odd?