Jump to content
CommanderData

Cebu-Mactan Terminal 2 International Experiences

Recommended Posts

to_dave007

 

3 hours ago, fivestarph said:

My recommendation would be for arrivals to take the elevator to the Departure level walk to the Departure drop off point, stick your luggage in the car and depart pronto. Obviously a bit of coordination is required as you cannot hang around the Departure drop off area for long.

I THINK that if your pick up car drives into Departures area and you are NOT there, then it's easy to go back around again right?  I should try it one day.. just to see.  Anyone try it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fivestarph
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

 

I THINK that if your pick up car drives into Departures area and you are NOT there, then it's easy to go back around again right?  I should try it one day.. just to see.  Anyone try it?

I tried that, unfortunately the down ramp exits across the defunt Terminal HQ, so you have to do a right at the end of the Waterfront complex,  then a U turn, then a left turn back to T2 Departures.

There may be a simpler route but I did not find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fivestarph

Yesterday I arrived at the new airport and was very happy with my encounter. From landing to exiting the terminal with my luggage 23mins 37secs( I timed it)

What was less pleasant was I think being scammed by the Yellow cab I used.

My "fault" to start in not checking the meter when we started, but by the time we reached the traffic lights at Manuel Quezon Av., the meter showed 227. When I asked if correct I was informed Yes. When we arrived at Streetscape my destination the meter read 467. 

When I commented "mahal", the driver said "Yellow Cab sir", so I paid .

Normally I use "White" cabs and the fare for the same journey is around 260 pesos.

Is a Yellow Cab nearly double a white or was I conned??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TequilaSunset

Gotta agree, boots on the ground, customs had 8 windows, easy peasy. Same experience, off boarding plane and to white taxi in about 25 mins... 70 minutes to get to IT Park, some crap doesn't change.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog
44 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

Yesterday I arrived at the new airport and was very happy with my encounter. From landing to exiting the terminal with my luggage 23mins 37secs( I timed it)

What was less pleasant was I think being scammed by the Yellow cab I used.

My "fault" to start in not checking the meter when we started, but by the time we reached the traffic lights at Manuel Quezon Av., the meter showed 227. When I asked if correct I was informed Yes. When we arrived at Streetscape my destination the meter read 467. 

When I commented "mahal", the driver said "Yellow Cab sir", so I paid .

Normally I use "White" cabs and the fare for the same journey is around 260 pesos.

Is a Yellow Cab nearly double a white or was I conned??

I found that they are more, but not double.

I used to go to the IT Park and it was around P300 for a white cab and P400 for a yellow cab.

I didn't mind paying the extra because it saved me waiting in line at the airport and the yellow cabs were always cleaner and in better shape than a white cabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liquido
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

Yesterday I arrived at the new airport and was very happy with my encounter. From landing to exiting the terminal with my luggage 23mins 37secs( I timed it)

What was less pleasant was I think being scammed by the Yellow cab I used.

My "fault" to start in not checking the meter when we started, but by the time we reached the traffic lights at Manuel Quezon Av., the meter showed 227. When I asked if correct I was informed Yes. When we arrived at Streetscape my destination the meter read 467. 

When I commented "mahal", the driver said "Yellow Cab sir", so I paid .

Normally I use "White" cabs and the fare for the same journey is around 260 pesos.

Is a Yellow Cab nearly double a white or was I conned??

Well its 70p when the meter starts and then the meter is off to the races when you start moving alot faster than the white taxi's..As someone mentioned they are another alternative if there is a long line for the white taxi's..Stand in line are almost pay double...

Edited by liquido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
1 hour ago, TequilaSunset said:

Gotta agree, boots on the ground, customs had 8 windows, easy peasy. Same experience, off boarding plane and to white taxi in about 25 mins... 70 minutes to get to IT Park, some crap doesn't change.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 

Should it be: immigration had 8 windows  ???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TequilaSunset
Should it be: immigration had 8 windows  ???
Thanks For the excellent police work...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
2 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

70 minutes to get to IT Park, some crap doesn't change.

Welcome back!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

Haven't been through the terminal yet but went to see someone off.  Since I wasn't allowed inside I have to say how wonderful it is to immediately greet someone with idiocy.  When you drive into the paid parking lot there is an automated machine to dispense parking tickets with a timestamp.  They were smart enough to put it on the left side of the lane for the driver but it's on a very tight right hand turn.  Only a scooter could swing the turn wide enough to actually be able to actually reach it.  So, now someone has a job to hand the ticket to drivers.  Really?

Downstairs from the departure terminal there's decent outside bathrooms with a sign they are for passengers only.  Eventually there will probably be a guard assigned to each wanting to see tickets.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fivestarph

I went to collect a friend from T2 last night and was surprised that the Parking Fees have doubled since the Terminal opened for operations last July 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
On 3/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, RR3 said:

Anybody used MyBus to/from airport? 40 p one way.

https://mactancebuairport.com/passengers/my-bus/

I took MyBus from airport to SM City. 40 peso, best way out of Mactan?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
On 12/4/2018 at 7:23 PM, SkyMan said:

When you drive into the paid parking lot there is an automated machine to dispense parking tickets with a timestamp.  They were smart enough to put it on the left side of the lane for the driver but it's on a very tight right hand turn.  Only a scooter could swing the turn wide enough to actually be able to actually reach it.  So, now someone has a job to hand the ticket to drivers.  Really?

Someone figured out that was bad placement so now they've moved the box up the lane before the turn.  :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47

Hi everyone.
Can someone please tell me if we need to print out our e-tickets to fly out of Mactan or will presenting a phone good enough to allow access.
We don't have a printer but no issue to go to a print shop if needed. I've never had issues with the check in staff, but this is the first time at the new terminal.... door security may?
Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..