Sign in to follow this  
CommanderData

Cebu-Mactan Terminal 2 International Experiences

cookie47
May I enquire - how old is a senior,  and is anyone over that age consider a senior or do u need to be on a special visa?
..  and finally as my wife is "not"  SENIOR, IF i qualify ( I am 60)  can she accompany me to  the seniors line?
Both my wife (philipina) and i travel on Australian Passports and are Seniors 66 Wife, 71, (next month for me) and as far as I/we are concerned we always use the senior line.(but prior to this age No)

Although our DOB is in our passports we have never had an issue.

Now this obviously doesn't answer you question completely as you have indicated that one is senior one is not.
Your visa status is totally separate from your senior status IMHO.

In your case i would use the senior line as i really don't think you would get a refusal.The senior line BI staff have always been very pleasant to us and i think in part due to the fact that seniors are well respected here in PH. Yes a long winded answer for a simple question but things are not always black and white..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

TequilaSunset
8 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Both my wife (philipina) and i travel on Australian Passports and are Seniors 66 Wife, 71, (next month for me) and as far as I/we are concerned we always use the senior line.(but prior to this age No)

Now this obviously doesn't answer you question completely as you have indicated that one is senior one is not.

In your case i would use the senior line as i really don't think you would get a refusal.The senior line BI staff have always been very pleasant to us and i think in part due to the fact that seniors are well respected here in PH. Yes a long winded answer for a simple question but things are not always black and white..

Awesome! I will use the senior line on my next visit. There might be some issues in regard to me not looking my age (yeah I am bragging!) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

Awesome! I will use the senior line on my next visit. There might be some issues in regard to me not looking my age (yeah I am bragging!) 

It's a California thing.

Not looking younger, but thinking you do...:biggrin_01:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

djdba
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

THanks for reply - appreciated!

PeteHK

Not much I can add to the previous posters responses on the senior issue except to say that when arriving with my wife (who is not a senior) we have usually used the Filipino citizen line at Arrivals Immigration but on departure (from the old terminal) we did use the senior line a couple of times.  No problems.

• Like 1

Headshot

A senior (anybody over 60) arriving with their Filipina wife (any age) can use either the senior line or the Filipino line (depending on which line is shorter). If you aren't entering with a 13A visa, then I would certainly bring your marriage license and ask for a BB stamp when you get to the Immigration Officer. Better yet, have your wife do all of the talking and have her ask.

The trick to getting through immigration quickly is to NEVER get into a regular tourist line, if you can avoid it.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

TequilaSunset
It's a California thing.

Not looking younger, but thinking you do...default_biggrin_01.gif

I hate you!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

28d3a1285876a15793e727d882145419.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lordblacknail

Well, I am 73 and my wife is 43, Katie is 7 and the three of us always use the senior line.

• Thanks 1

to_dave007

Came through last night around 7:30pm  (Cathay Pacific) with wife and 2 sons.

Filled out the arrival slips when we got to the arrivals hall, and by the time we finished we walked directly to immigration officer, with no line in front of us.  No hassles.  Got my balikbayan visa and we passed through as fast as they could photo us.

Baggage came up almost immediately, and we were out.  Tried to get car from same places as last time, but they were busy.  Took Yellow taxi 2,800 to Tuburan.  Arrived 10 or 10:30pm.  Good driver.  Vios.

Nothing to complain about.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 3

liquido
25 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Filled out the arrival slips

They do not issue these slips on the plane?I would assume the method you stated would cause a bottle neck with everyone fumbling for a pen to fill out slips?

to_dave007
1 hour ago, liquido said:

They do not issue these slips on the plane?I would assume the method you stated would cause a bottle neck with everyone fumbling for a pen to fill out slips?

Yes..  they issued them on plane..  and no..  we did not fill them out on plane..  didn't feel like it.

Your assumption would be incorrect.  There was no bottleneck, and no fumbling.

SkyMan
17 hours ago, PeteHK said:

Not much I can add to the previous posters responses on the senior issue except to say that when arriving with my wife (who is not a senior) we have usually used the Filipino citizen line at Arrivals Immigration but on departure (from the old terminal) we did use the senior line a couple of times.  No problems.

LAst arrival at T1 the sign at the beginning of the locals line said "Citizens and Residents" which covered us both.  The sign just before the desk just said citizens so I figured I was with her anyway.  Way problema.

Irish_Geo
On 8/16/2018 at 12:35 AM, liquido said:

I arrived on the 6th July with Emirates from Dubai.

Made it as far as the immigration booths only to be told I would have to turn around and walk back about 20/30 meters, grab a form and fill one out...

This was the only thing about the whole experience that didnt run smooth as...

Irish_Geo
On 7/7/2018 at 5:17 AM, rizla said:

Is there a smoking area? It's billed as "The Friendliest Gateway to your Destination" I will be having a ten and a half hour flight from there in a few weeks. 

There is but its the same small metal box (But the walls are white now. Awesome.) with a couple of tables and ashtrays - no seats and a drip from the ceiling on the left just behind the door :)

TequilaSunset

Fortunately they give the slips out really early on EVA, and I just fill it out immediately and hide my pen! That "Just about to Land" frenzy I see is almost comical.

I will be looking for the old farts line when I land to speed up the process, looking forward to it (yes I actually miss Cebu and GF of course)

• Like 1