Thai Kids in a cave

Who was the genius to let them enter the cave? They did not know its monsoon season...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lopburi3

• Malibu

• Richard K

• Oz Jon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue is the Thai boys in the cave. Stop arguing and let the readers decide who they will listen to. If you have a personal issuer take it to PM or involve a Mod. Other than that....nobody cares!

Actually the UK divers have had the lead in this from early on as they have the most cave diving experience and have a strong team on site volunteering their services.  They found the children and mak

Sorry! - I believe that "TIT" comment is quite unjustified. The Thai management of this rescue certainly appears to me to have been excellent (according to Aus TV reports and pictures - particula

Posted Images

badian

it isn't 'monsoon' season the BBC only uses that word because of India being a former British colony, although the word monsoon is Arabic in origin and not Sanskrit or any Indian language. Right now, it's part of the wetter time of the year in northern Thailand, but rain in Chiang Rai Thailand is not like rain in Mumbai, India. In Mumbai, they really do have a monsoon. They get 90% of their annual rainfall in only two or three months. In northern Thailand they get 90% of their rains in about six to eight months. Big difference. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, badian said:

it isn't 'monsoon' season the BBC only uses that word because of India being a former British colony, although the word monsoon is Arabic in origin and not Sanskrit or any Indian language. Right now, it's part of the wetter time of the year in northern Thailand, but rain in Chiang Rai Thailand is not like rain in Mumbai, India. In Mumbai, they really do have a monsoon. They get 90% of their annual rainfall in only two or three months. In northern Thailand they get 90% of their rains in about six to eight months. Big difference. 

Tell me something I dont know. 

So also You could be sitting 3 km in a flooded cave. Oh well

• Confused 1
lopburi3
5 hours ago, badian said:

meanwhile up above ground, while the brave flower of Thailand is languishing in the cave apprehensive, but determined to emerge, a whole new village has sprung into being. Families and friends, plus curious bystanders, are all there. Tents have been pitched. Food and drinks vendors have assembled, and they are making a killing. There is probably a bouncy frekin' castle there, for the really little kids. Gotta love these kind of news stories. 

Actually the thousands above are working their ass off and quite well organized - and represent many major countries as well as Thailand and this is openly being reported 24 hours a day.  It is no carnival and the food is being given.  The local farmers are having their rice fields flooded to lower water levels and thousands of humans are working long and hard diverting rivers and bringing supplies to save these kids.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
lopburi3
4 hours ago, RR3 said:

Who was the genius to let them enter the cave? They did not know its monsoon season...

As I pointed out earlier the danger period is posted as July-November.  They entered in June.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As I pointed out earlier the danger period is posted as July-November.  They entered in June.

June 25. So monsoon rains have a precise date to begin :shitstormretarded:

Nobody responsible - TIT

MickyG

''there was some audio footage I heard on UK Radio Five Live of divers communicating with the lads as they were first discovered. They had British accents. Who has dive equipment up there in Chiang Rai anyway which is about as far from the sea in Thailand as you can get?''

Team of very experienced recreational cave divers.  Top end of the Dive skills sets for amateur divers.  Many of these guys have practical skill sets that elite services would be pleased to experience. I suspect their input and cave diving management will be invaluable.

I knew a Canadian guy who was an elite cave diver by the age of 19. I was sat with him when he got a call to join an exploration team in the Brazilian jungles near the foot hills of the Andes. He declined as we were having way too much fun with our own dives.  He was a bit of a freak, at age 15 he carried the flag for their winter olympic team instead of competing in the mens down hill event, he was deemed too young.

Edited by MickyG
RogerDat
8 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

It's the Royal Thai Navy Seals that are involved with the rescue operation. The U.S. Navy SEALs have no involvement with the operation.

It is the British seals who made contact, the Thai seals may have been up there also, I do not know.

Edited by RogerDat
lopburi3
37 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

It is the British seals who made contact, the Thai seals may have been up there also, I do not know.

The UK divers were not a seal team - they are expert cave divers (probably the best in the world).

• Like 1
DeedleNuts

I keep reading the thread title.

I know it's not funny, but it looks like everyone will survive.

So I keep thinking this sounds like a menu item in some really strange fusion restaurant. 

Carry on. 

MickyG

Th Uk does not have seal teams

SBS and SAS.

The British civilian guys are highly qualified cave divers which is why they had all the equipment needed.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As of fact, monsoon rains did not follow Your schedule.

Flakes

One childless male assistant soccer coach with 12 minors going  in a dangerous cave..

Well never ever would allow any of my kids to join him.

• Like 1
lopburi3
1 hour ago, Flakes said:

One childless male assistant soccer coach with 12 minors going  in a dangerous cave..

Well never ever would allow any of my kids to join him.

That assistant couch had already spent 10 years as a Buddhist Monk and probably is the reason they are still alive.  It was a tradition among the team to visit cave over the past several years so not a one time thing.

• Thanks 1
Flakes
2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That assistant couch had already spent 10 years as a Buddhist Monk and probably is the reason they are still alive.  It was a tradition among the team to visit cave over the past several years so not a one time thing.

How many stories u want to hear about bad monks in Thailand? As him being the only adult he should have known that going deep down in dark caves is a bad plan especially with a 12 minors and in the raining season.

Anyway u can send ur kids with him on further cave trips but mine aren’t going..

• Like 1