fordtech

Traveling to Taipei, Taiwan

fordtech

We are planning to travel to Taipei in October and am looking for pointers. We are flying from Cebu to Taipei direct and want to stay in the Shilin District because of the large night market. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Kabisay-an gid

What airline are you flying? Have you already made reservations?

• Like 1

Chris24

Eva Air is an excellent airline based in Taiwan, not sure if they have a good route for you but if they do I recommend them.

• Like 1

greatplace

Looking forward to hear your report on the night markets and your overall insight on Taiwan

• Like 2

soupeod
8 hours ago, fordtech said:

We are planning to travel to Taipei in October and am looking for pointers. We are flying from Cebu to Taipei direct and want to stay in the Shilin District because of the large night market. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

@rep1 should know more, maybe you can PM him, if no responses here.

• Thanks 1

liquido

I would get up the nerve to try the famous Stinky Tofu there...I wonder if its anything like Limburger cheese...I did the same with Durian many years ago here and found out I love it...

• Like 2

rep1

just bring cash and eat everything!

you could also live in hot spring hotels in Beitou, accessible via MRT (subway). October might be cold enough for that.

Since you will only stay for a few days you should try our unhealthy breakfast at breakfast eateries instead of boring hotel buffets. They usually open at 5. Not the burgers or coffee, or salad - they all add the cow grass now.

don't bother driving in taipei unless you want to go to the mountains up north.

and don't forget to visit the museum. They took a lot of precious and beautiful things from china when they escaped to taiwan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

fordtech
21 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

What airline are you flying? Have you already made reservations?

We are flying Air Asia direct Cebu to Taipei. Just a little under $300.00 round trip for 2.  I know many here dont like them but I have used them many times with no problems. Hope I dont jinx myself now. :)

• Like 2

rizla

Flying Air Asia from Shanghai to Cebu direct next week, so hope Fordtech is right. They seem okay on paper.

• Like 1

MickyG

Good news is that Taiwan have been added to the no visa for pinoy list after their recent successful experiment.

• Like 1

samatm
On 7/4/2018 at 9:01 PM, rep1 said:

and don't forget to visit the museum. They took a lot of precious and beautiful things from china when they escaped to taiwan.

Thankfully or they would have been destroyed  by the radical young communists...    The National Palace Musuem is FANTASTIC. 

• Like 2

fordtech

Booked out flight, direct out of Cebu. Total for 2 round trip was $302.56

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kreole
On 7/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, MickyG said:

Good news is that Taiwan have been added to the no visa for pinoy list after their recent successful experiment.

what experiment?

GwapoGuy
On 7/19/2018 at 5:27 AM, fordtech said:

Booked out flight, direct out of Cebu. Total for 2 round trip was $302.56

Also got a great deal during Air Asia's big sale. Two round trip tickets for $250 in Feb.

How did your trip go?

fordtech
18 hours ago, GwapoGuy said:

Also got a great deal during Air Asia's big sale. Two round trip tickets for $250 in Feb.

How did your trip go?

We had a great time. The food was great and everyone was very nice. Just one thing to know. If you cant use chop sticks bring your own spoon and fork.  

• Thanks 3