Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Business Idea - Secure Storage / Safety Deposit Boxes

Goetz1965

For a week now I try to get a Safety Deposit Box in one Bank here - but its nearly impossible.
Half of the branches I visited have none at all, the other half is full already - and if they seem to have one it's money. The girl in one branch of Securitybank told me I need to maintain 100.000php on my account (but we don't have SDP available) but then the manager of the branch that has SDB tells me on the phone that I need to be a Top10 customer with a maintining deposit of at least 1 Mio. Php - LOL !
Other banks like Chinabank or Robinsonsbank want a deposit of 500.000 to be able to avail a SDB ...

If I weren't that lazy doing a business I would start this myself.

Rent a warehouse - secure the windows etc. Install CCTV, install Sprikler and watertank, hire reliable guards.
Make it accessible 24/7 and rent out to people - Secure Storage from Shoebox size at 200php/month to maybe 20ft containers at 2000php/month.
It doesn't need a banking license - as you dont know what people store there (documents, furniture ..., just no drugs, durian or dead bodies lol)

Maybe it's an idea for someone here to earn money as you would be the only one (besides MB Garden Inn in Mactan that I know of).

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

max111

It doesn't need a banking license

well, go ahead.....

What sort of security are You looking at and the possible clients?

RogerDat

hire reliable guards. WHERE? Murphy's law will be involved with the rest.

jtmwatchbiz
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Maybe it's an idea for someone here to earn money as you would be the only one (besides MB Garden Inn in Mactan that I know of).

and also the big existing secure storage facility right here in capitol area on escario st.

sitting practically empty.   yea someone would really be rolling in it if they built another one ?

smokey
3 hours ago, RogerDat said:

hire reliable guards. WHERE? Murphy's law will be involved with the rest.

Can you say raid

Goetz1965
13 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

and also the big existing secure storage facility right here in capitol area on escario st.

Can you provide me a link please ! Never heard of that.

Questions asked:
What kind of security ?
Seriously - never seen "Storage Wars" - then you get what business I mean. 
That one doesn't need big security - I would put steel bars at the windows ony, have CCTV installed everywhere and armed guards - nothing more than any other pawnshop here.

Find reliable guards - just guards will do because if someine who deposits want security than he can sign and pay extra (!) for an insurance contract for his goods. All others get nothing in case of a raid - because I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY STORED !!! 

What clients?
Same middle class people that rent those storage boxes in USA, Europe anywhere in the world.
Thas why maybe a warehouse near IT-Park would be smart - lot of high earners there with small condos only ... You get what I mean... ?

Davaoeno

You just brought up the very thing that I was thinking about - who do you expect will provide such insurance to you ? I am betting nobody will sell you insurance.   [ please let me know if you investigate and find out that i am  wrong lol ]

smokey

Too risky what if a storage holder gets put on narco list. Will search warrent soon follow?

Goetz1965

If this is business any insurance will sell policies - its just talking to them.
Same is for illegal things - I put that in "Terms and Conditions" the owner of the box has to sign.
If they come with a search warrant and find something I dont care about that ok.

As I said Im just too lazy to do this business because I hate to work with people - but to any "danger" there's also a solution in business.

Flakes

Mostly people will store a suitcase..or some boxes...Doubt if  locals will use it..

then for more valuable stuff and or documents  it need have small security boxes. Also people can receive their post their..p.o boxes.

If police come for a routine snif dogs round then the tenant of the locker is responsible only he has the key of his locker.

u dont need many guards just one at night time and one at day time.

Hang it full with Cctv and place finger print scanner for access to the room where ur locker is..

Only open in daytime.. its a simple business but will take years to build it up..

TheMatrix

As often as businesses go in and out of business in the Philippines, I wouldn't trust a startup with my valuables, but would be looking for an establishment that's been around for decades.  Tough starting.  

• Thanks 1

Gus

They were full the day they were completed, and Michael was looking for space to build more .. don't know if he ever did .

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

agent17

Bars in windows, CCTV, and security guard won't make much of a difference.  Search "termite gang" and "acetelyne gang" on google.  They dig underneath now.  If banks couldn't protect themselves then how can your security business do any better?  I would also bet my money your guard will be in on it too.

Goetz1965

Just put this on the floor and add a layer of cement - done !

10_b24986a3e2478238b34df61002c8b657.jpg