Salty Dog

Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness

dart69

'Robber Barons are long gone'

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess I live in a different reality than yours ...

• Like 2

lamoe
23 minutes ago, dart69 said:

'Robber Barons are long gone'

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess I live in a different reality than yours ...

You are right we do.

My reality is based on 71 years of seeing people trying to implement  the same unworkable social programs time after time and expecting different results.

Janneo
On 2/7/2019 at 3:24 PM, lamoe said:

Today we have 26 to 30 year olds who are still immature  children when it comes to accepting responsibility for their own actions.

Sounds very much like that somewhat well known 72 year old.

lamoe
1 hour ago, Janneo said:

Sounds very much like that somewhat well known 72 year old.

I do hope not referring to me

I'm 71 - been working since I was 15 - paying SS / taxes - 56 yrs - that I will not receive equatable return on

• Like 1

DeedleNuts
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

I'm 71 - been working since I was 15 - paying SS / taxes - 56 yrs - that I will not receive equatable return on

It's our function to put money into the machine. They have other people tasked with extracting it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Janneo
On 2/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, lamoe said:

No not you. You mentioned your age in the post just before mine.

wondersailor

I will be 67 at the end of the month and happily retired. I think both the older and younger generation are both right and wrong in their arguments. As much as I hate to admit it, Obama was right when he said income inequality is a huge problem in the US. Business has done everything in their power to keep wages low, and it is getting worse. I understand why there are so many angry middle-class workers are angry, but none of the solutions that is being put forward today will correct the problem. Too many politicians are feeding the anger for their own ends. I do, however, think the younger generation has been led to believe that life is easier then it is. Many hard lessons ahead for many of them. I feel for them and wish for them the very best. Just remember, if the solutions were an easy fix, the older generations would have fixed it.

• Like 3

lamoe
15 hours ago, wondersailor said:

I will be 67 at the end of the month and happily retired. I think both the older and younger generation are both right and wrong in their arguments. As much as I hate to admit it, Obama was right when he said income inequality is a huge problem in the US. Business has done everything in their power to keep wages low, and it is getting worse. I understand why there are so many angry middle-class workers are angry, but none of the solutions that is being put forward today will correct the problem. Too many politicians are feeding the anger for their own ends. I do, however, think the younger generation has been led to believe that life is easier then it is. Many hard lessons ahead for many of them. I feel for them and wish for them the very best. Just remember, if the solutions were an easy fix, the older generations would have fixed it.

Very true about the income inequality  - but why?

This is  the age of being a 'victim' 

Not your fault you didn't finish high school

Not your fault you had a kid at 16 

Not your fault you wasted 5 / 6 years in college and $150,000 to get a BS degree that is not valid for the job offered.

As for the middle class  - yep - totally ignored until the last election

'Those jobs are gone and never coming back' is not what they wanted to hear.

wondersailor
On 2/8/2019 at 7:39 AM, lamoe said:

You are right -    builds   not takes - don't know your age but we have another member who incorrectly assumed we refereeing to all his age when it was the Dems leadership and those who espouse their very stupid agendas we were criticizing.

I don't see ANTIFA (DNC supported)  building (sure ain't a wall) anything just destroying and taking

This is the new agenda I was referring to - It's very similar to asking a child 'what do you want for Christmas?'

EVERYTHING!!! and expecting an adult (Cons and moderate Dems) to actually give it to them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/green-new-deal-ocasio-cortez-aims-to-make-air-travel-obsolete-aid-those-unwilling-to-work

First you have to want to work to have an ethic?

Aid for those unwilling to work - not unable or unemployed - just 'feed me mommy'

Robber Barons are long gone  - been replaced with 26 year old children living in mommies' basement.

I agree . I think it should be "I'm a victim because your a racist".

One thing I thought.about adding to my last post but stayed my hand is the undeniable fact that these are our children. Maybe the question should be "What did we do wrong?". They didn't fall from Mars.Many complaints the older generation has  about the younger I will graciously call the actions which has unintended consequences. Graciously because many of us were too damn self involved to raise these kids properly. Some should never have had a puppy let alone a child to raise. And many of us sincerely tried to raise them the best we knew how with disastrous results. But there many, many young people today which are simply wonderful people. They have inherited a world that I am glad I am on the back curve of and not the beginning. God speed to them. And remember, we are all teachers as well as pupils till after our last breath.

• Like 1

lamoe
4 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

I agree . I think it should be "I'm a victim because your a racist".

One thing I thought.about adding to my last post but stayed my hand is the undeniable fact that these are our children. Maybe the question should be "What did we do wrong?". They didn't fall from Mars.Many complaints the older generation has  about the younger I will graciously call the actions which has unintended consequences. Graciously because many of us were too damn self involved to raise these kids properly. Some should never have had a puppy let alone a child to raise. And many of us sincerely tried to raise them the best we knew how with disastrous results. But there many, many young people today which are simply wonderful people. They have inherited a world that I am glad I am on the back curve of and not the beginning. God speed to them. And remember, we are all teachers as well as pupils till after our last breath.

Yes many many are wonderful and will make excellent citizens - how many remains to be seen.

'Squeaky wheel gets the grease' is now 'loud mouth, destructive, AHs get the news coverage'

Unless of course you're a 16 Yr old Catholic white male being harassed by a lying professional protester, then coverage will be wall to wall until the truth comes out  then nothing more will be said.

• Like 2

DeedleNuts
9 hours ago, wondersailor said:

One thing I thought.about adding to my last post but stayed my hand is the undeniable fact that these are our children.

They're actually not my children. My child is 5 years old and will have a decent career.

Salty Dog

If you can't find your YouTube post, it's because that video was already posted in this thread.

One poster even posted the same video he had previously posted in this thread...:huh:

lamoe
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

If you can't find your YouTube post, it's because that video was already posted in this thread.

One poster even posted the same video he had previously posted in this thread...:huh:

Getting :oldtimer:

One positive thing the stereotypical Millennial is doing is making it easier for those who will be good employees to get a job.

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Getting :oldtimer:

One positive thing the stereotypical Millennial is doing is making it easier for those who will be good employees to get a job.

It wasn't you...:P

lamoe
6 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

It wasn't you...:P

Wouldn't know if it was without being told:rolleyes: