Doofer

Disposable Razors

Doofer

Are there any in this country that last more than 2 shaves. Been here since 2002 and it seems the quality has gone down quite a bit.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Dafey

Hi Doofer, welcome to the forum.

I've been using a Mach 3 since they came out and can find them in most stores that carry razors. That being said I'd say I have a medium tough beard. Have had friends that were extremely tough beards and their razors don't hold up like mine. 

Davaoeno

I have used Mach 3 for over 10 years. I wore out the razor and bought a new one from Lazada

• Like 2

Doofer

As of now the Mach 3 might be a good choice, but I'll wait for my inputs.

Enuff

I also use Mach 3, shaving every other day (face & head) using only cold water. Typically get about 1 month (15 uses) per razor.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Busted Dick

I use a Gillette Fusion Power razor with Fusion Proglide blades.  They ain't cheap but each blade lasts 3-4 weeks, shaving my beard and head most days.

sugbu777

Whatever you do, don't use any blade made by Rubie (unless you have to). They are utter crap.

Dafey
8 hours ago, Enuff said:

I also use Mach 3, shaving every other day (face & head) using only cold water. Typically get about 1 month (15 uses) per razor.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

That's a great testimony...I've seen his head, it's huge!

Most razors lose their cutting ability through corrosion. After they are whetted the first time they go downhill fast. A tip that will stretch the life of your razor is to get a small cup and fill it just enough with baby oil to cover the razor when placed blade down. This will coat the razor and keep water and air from the blade.

After I shave my wife says my face feels like a baby's ass....though my hearing is going south...she may have just been calling me an ass!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

jtmwatchbiz

here's another tip.   no matter what razor one uses...after shaving it's a good idea to use a bit of rubbing alcohol and rub it on your face.  the tap water here can irritate and cause skin infections from shaving.   had it happen to myself and a bunch of our friends and the dermatologist friend of the family advised us with that tip.  the water supply in cebu city can be iffy at times and isn't always the best.   

• Like 2

Dafey
13 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

had it happen to myself and a bunch of our friends

Did they also tell you to stop sharing razors with your friends?

I always rinse with Emprador...sterilizes and gives me that cologne smell...or is that Colon smell?

• Haha 5

Doofer
2 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

here's another tip.   no matter what razor one uses...after shaving it's a good idea to use a bit of rubbing alcohol and rub it on your face.  the tap water here can irritate and cause skin infections from shaving.   had it happen to myself and a bunch of our friends and the dermatologist friend of the family advised us with that tip.  the water supply in cebu city can be iffy at times and isn't always the best.   

Good advise, I do have some funky white crust where I shave a bit hard on my chin a day or so after shaving.

As for type of razor to buy, I'll keep in mind those mentioned!

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Did they also tell you to stop sharing razors with your friends?

good question and i guess it depends on what the friends intend to shave. 

• Like 1

BossHog

Still don't understand why more people don't use safety razors.

1.The blades are cheap and available even in sari-sari stores. Or maybe buy a few hundred Dorco blades off Lazada for under 1k.

2. They're much sharper than any cartridge-type system.

I use a 1950's Gillette fatboy and last time I was in Japan picked up two hundred Feather blades (the best made anywhere. period).

Couple of quick purchases for a total of a fifty or a hundred bucks or so and you got your shaving needs covered for the next five years or so.

Also, a shit-load less disposable packing if you worry about those kind of things. But each to their own.

download.jpg.0920ac959d20ab46e59a7a6a2e5ef1f4.jpg

49753560_download(1).jpg.a2e89bf588978c24234cc59557c04669.jpg

• Like 2