Sign in to follow this  
hyaku

Bob Platts (theBob) Died

Kreole
On 6/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, hyaku said:

I regret to inform you all that theBob (Bob Platts) passed away last January. He had been treated for prostate cancer for while.

A very good friend I had spent a lot of time with in Moalboal long before I even moved to the Philippines. We had a lot in common both working in Japan and spending our free time here. Not mention the diving.

Bob my friend you will be sadly missed. Nothing sadder than to see good friends and family pass on that are younger than you.

Is this the same Bob from "The Adventures of Bob?"  If he is, then I like some of his writing.  How old was he when he passed?

CebuKano
4 hours ago, Kreole said:

How old was he when he passed?

Perhaps you should read the entire three page thread.  Hyaku provides the answer.  That being said, it's far too young.

• Like 1

HeyMike
11 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Perhaps I will hope someone else can be more helpful in answering 2 simple questions.

Last January.... 59.

Edit: I don't know about the Adventures of Bob.

Edited by HeyMike

Kreole
2 hours ago, HeyMike said:

Last January.... 59.

Edit: I don't know about the Adventures of Bob.

That is unfortunate.  Those of us who are 70+, every day is a gift.  The only drawback for me is that I cannot plan into the future.  Fortunately, I have no medical condition that presents a serious risk, so, all things equal, I figure to live into the indefinite future, or die by some accident.  I have given this a lot of thought and hope to prepare myself emotionally to make the transition.  I have no close family, so I hope I will be able to die with a smile on my face in the company of my beloved cats that I have adopted (rescued) over the years, currently numbering 18.  Every day they bring me a lot of joy, and not a day goes by that they do not make me laugh and smile.  I cannot say that about anyone I know.

softail

Currently I am suffering from the same thing The Bob was suffering from. Just had my 30th radiation treatment today. Had a lupron  injection a couple of weeks ago to cut off my testosterone, the fatigue is killing me.

I caught pneumonia the last visit and nearly died. When I got back in February I was at the Doctor and she made me get a PSA test, found out I had prostrate cancer. That pneumonia saved me a lot of heartache.

i advise all of the older guys on the forum to have that PSA test so we don’t have anymore preventable threads like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 4