Sign in to follow this  
rep1

Grab & Cash?!

rep1

two grabcar today. First is by credit card, as usual, but the second was automatically switched to cash and I didn't even have cash as one of the payment methods. The driver saw "cash" on his app and I confirmed there was no credit card transaction so he's right. But how could this happen?

Anyone having the same issue? 

• Like 1

aussiekangaroo
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

two grabcar today. First is by credit card, as usual, but the second was automatically switched to cash and I didn't even have cash as one of the payment methods. The driver saw "cash" on his app and I confirmed there was no credit card transaction so he's right. But how could this happen?

Anyone having the same issue? 

Happened to me a couple of times, I walk off then the driver calls me back saying I forgot to pay lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rep1
1 hour ago, aussiekangaroo said:

Happened to me a couple of times, I walk off then the driver calls me back saying I forgot to pay lol.

That's just what he said today!

Is it driver specific? They can choose to refuse credit card?!

aussiekangaroo
Just now, rep1 said:

That's just what he said today!

Is it driver specific? They can choose to refuse credit card?!

I think it's an app error...

GBT62

Same here - the app lost my credit  card details a few months back - so it defaulted to cash (I didn't notice when I booked).

I almost did a runner - but the driver had the door  locked :)

Once I added the same card back - no more issues.

• Sad 1

delancey

Can I pile on?

I stiffed a driver P77 because I had Uber at the time besides Grab. Forgot I was in Grab not Uber. Contacted Grab two times about billing me to but they never responded.

Worldclassless internet. I tried to “Top Up” Grab but the app kept freezing. I finally got it to work but the poor driver was also having problems on his end so he gave me a double credit. That guy I reached and paid him the balance next day.

While sitting in his fully online unbooked Grab repaying him I tried to book him and Grab indicated no cars available. I cancelled but when I finally got home some random driver was waiting for me at the original location. I explained internet issues, I’m sure he is no stranger.

Edited by delancey
  • Like 1

GBT62
9 hours ago, GBT62 said:

Same here - the app lost my credit  card details a few months back - so it defaulted to cash (I didn't notice when I booked).

I almost did a runner - but the driver had the door  locked :)

Once I added the same card back - no more issues.

lol I meant I almost did an accidental runner thinking the payment had gone through ?

Going to a Philippine Jail for a 140php fare is not on my bucket list ?‍♂️

Rocketman

I used to use GRABPAY and loaded money to GRAB with my credit card.  I stopped it after my balance changed to a total that had P.30 (30 centavos).  I contacted GRAB a few times about this and got no explanation.  All charges are in whole pesos so how it changed to .3 I have no idea.  Then, my balance dropped without me making a charge.  No more GRABPAY for me.

savarity

Yes, ive had that happen. It's annoying, not sure why it happens.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk