Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Ignoring

Headshot

How do I ignore

1. members?
  2. topics?

When I was a moderator, I wasn't allowed to ignore anybody, so I didn't bother with how it was done. Now, there are people whose posts I would rather not see. Also, is there a way to not have specific topics show on your topic list? It would be nice if there was a box we could click to never see certain topics again. I have the site set up to read the unread topics, but some topics continually clutter my list.

lopburi3

For members:  top right menu - account - ignored users and enter the name(s). 

• Like 1

Headshot

OK. Thanks. I figured out how to ignore members. Go into my account, choose ignore members from the list, and select the members I want to ignore. Got it.

How about ignoring topics? How do we do that? Truthfully, if I could do that, I wouldn't need to ignore any members.

lopburi3

Not sure on that but perhaps have to go the other way and just select tropics to follow?  Mine is set for all currently.  There is a menu across the new content page top that allows making changes.

Salty Dog
13 minutes ago, Headshot said:

OK. Thanks. I figured out how to ignore members. Go into my account, choose ignore members from the list, and select the members I want to ignore. Got it.

How about ignoring topics? How do we do that? Truthfully, if I could do that, I wouldn't need to ignore any members.

I don't know of any way to do it.

I know how to follow one, which I never do though.

You could probably build a stream to do it with individual forums you don't want to see, but I don't think you can do it with individual threads.

Headshot
2 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I don't know of any way to do it.

I know how to follow one, which I never do though.

You could probably build a stream to do it with individual forums you don't want to see, but I don't think you can do it with individual threads.

Can you ask the technical people to see if there is a way? Maybe it is an option that we just aren't presently using. I don't want to ignore entire forums when it is just a couple of topics that bother me. With all the ways you can configure what you look at in the streams, it would seem like choosing to ignore topics wouldn't be that difficult.

Richard K

don't open a topic you do not want read...pretty simple.. I do it all the time

• Like 5

softail
2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Can you ask the technical people to see if there is a way? Maybe it is an option that we just aren't presently using. I don't want to ignore entire forums when it is just a couple of topics that bother me. With all the ways you can configure what you look at in the streams, it would seem like choosing to ignore topics wouldn't be that difficult.

For the present time, simply don’t  click on them. If you don’t click you don’t see the material that upsets you.

• Like 1

smokey

Really wow we need a safe room and i dont want to ignore people or topics but words i am offended by words like spelling. Overweight. Old in general but not to include older. The word hillary or snowflakes so can this be done salty in your spare time.   (ONLY KIDDING

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Richard K

f/ucking Smokey.. nail on the frigging head as usual...hahaha

Headshot
4 minutes ago, softail said:

For the present time, simply don’t  click on them. If you don’t click you don’t see the material that upsets you.

I have kind of figured that out for myself. I would just like to declutter my list of topics I haven't read by making those topics I don't want to read just go away.

6 minutes ago, smokey said:

Really wow we need a safe room and i dont want to ignore people or topics but words i am offended by words like spelling. Overweight. Old in general but not to include older. The word hillary or snowflakes so can this be done salty in your spare time.   (ONLY KIDDING

You know me better than that. This is just a convenience, and shouldn't be that difficult to do.

jtmwatchbiz
6 minutes ago, Richard K said:

don't open a topic you do not want read...pretty simple.. I do it all the time

true most of the time.  however just the other day i got a glimpse of an unsettling and provocative topic title and i went into involuntary convulsions until the wave of terror subsided.  that is the last time i will ever click on the "Recipes and Food dishes" section until i toughen myself up! 

• Haha 2

lopburi3
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I have kind of figured that out for myself. I would just like to declutter my list of topics I haven't read by making those topics I don't want to read just go away.

You know me better than that. This is just a convenience, and shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Don't tell tech types it is not difficult - they will make it so to protect their interests.

• Haha 2

Richard K

it is not difficult at all...don't open topics you don't want to read... you want the site to determine your preference?... wow
Talk about "snowflake"... oy vey

Richard K
5 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

true most of the time.  however just the other day i got a glimpse of an unsettling and provocative topic title and i went into involuntary convulsions until the wave of terror subsided.  that is the last time i will ever click on the "Recipes and Food dishes" section until i toughen myself up! 

Dude...that was the best laugh of the day for me...I was laughing ....My g/f came out to the porch and asked wtf I was laughing at...it does not translate well...lol

• Haha 2