Sign in to follow this  
samatm

WATER BUS Connecting Cebu and Province

samatm

So apparently this service had its launching with its first craft.   The idea is sound and somewhere I read about its proposed operations but i cant find it now.   Does anyone know about this new transportation service?  

• Like 2

lamoe
8 hours ago, samatm said:

So apparently this service had its launching with its first craft.   The idea is sound and somewhere I read about its proposed operations but i cant find it now.   Does anyone know about this new transportation service?  

http://queencitycebu.com/water-bus-rates-routes-details/

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1748847/Cebu/Business/Maxboat-launches-Water-Bus

A_Simple_Man

The video was posted to the Max Boat Facebook site 5 months ago so nothing new.  Its just a scale mockup. 

None of the articles give schedules or places to buy tickets or even a pic of the actual ship that has not been photo-shopped so this service is still "pie in the sky" at this time, IMHO.

• Like 1

GBT62

I heard it is taking a while to retrain Ceres bus driver to swim ...  ? ?‍♂️

• Haha 4

samatm
On 6/20/2018 at 9:09 AM, A_Simple_Man said:

The video was posted to the Max Boat Facebook site 5 months ago so nothing new.  Its just a scale mockup. 

None of the articles give schedules or places to buy tickets or even a pic of the actual ship that has not been photo-shopped so this service is still "pie in the sky" at this time, IMHO.

Cebu to have country’s first waterbus

SHARES
Share it!

Published June 20, 2018, 10:00 PM

By Lesley Caminade Vestil

Cebu City— The city will have the country’s first waterbus transport beginning next month.

The waterbus service will be run by Max Boat Marine Corporation.

Barbara Salmero, Max Boat CEO and president, told Manila Bulletin the waterbus will provide an alternative to commuters who want the city’s traffic gridlock.

“Our seas are wide and available, why not make use of them and be traffic-free,” Salmero said.

The waterbus will come in three types: the first can accommodate 70 passengers, the second can carry 100 passengers and the third can accommodate 150 passengers and cargo.

The waterbus will dock and wait for passengers at the port in South Road Properties near Malacañang sa Sugbo.

Salmero said Mayor Tomas Osmeña offered to make the docking area a temporary terminal for the waterbus.

The Naval Architect and Shipyard Manager Denostenes Lipura said the twin-engined waterbus is twice as fast as existing ferry boats in Cebu.

A trip from Cebu City to Oslob town on the southern tip of Cebu will take only about 90 minutes. A bus ride would take almost five hours, Salmero said.

Max Boat assured the riding public the fare will be affordable.

Aside from the city, the towns of Argao and Dalaguete are also interested in the waterbus, Salmero said.

x61727.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fWeTe_WZp3.webp

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, samatm said:

The waterbus

Take a good look at the pic you posted.  A real good look at the boat and the "sea" around it.  Do you notice the "sea" is a jigsaw puzzle?

More fake news.

Headshot
29 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Take a good look at the pic you posted.  A real good look at the boat and the "sea" around it.  Do you notice the "sea" is a jigsaw puzzle?

More fake news.

If you take an even closer look, you will see that the jigsaw puzzle is padding on a dock. You can see water between the boat and the dock. Not everything is a conspiracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

If you take an even closer look, you will see that the jigsaw puzzle is padding on a dock. You can see water between the boat and the dock. Not everything is a conspiracy.

I stand corrected.  I was not looking for a padded dock but it seems to be the case.  Here is their unveiling video on Facebook:

Now to see where and when we can buy a ticket.  The gent says it will be July 18 that they run from Cebu City to Oslob in "maximum" 1 hour and 30 minutes.  That is about 4 and a half minutes into the video

Edited by A_Simple_Man

rizla

More useful if it stopped at least at Carcar on the way, even better at Argao lol

nothingbutquestions

An article (ad) of 6 pages published in May-June issue of SAKURA mag states "You can book and pay for your seats with mobile apps."

Destinations: Cebu City, Talisay, Danao, Carmen, Bogo. Argao, Dalaguette, and Boljoon.

MAXBOAT MARINE CORPORATION  +63 927 724 4140 OR +63 949 881 5770

• Like 2

Chris24

Excellent idea, but what I want to know is how many people can fit on top, and are those tickets at reduced rates?

Edited by Chris24
  • Like 1

A_Simple_Man
On 6/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, Headshot said:

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Its been a couple of months and still no water bus?  Do you still think its not a con job?  If its real then tell me where I can buy my ticket.

savarity

Also interested, if they ever start actually running this service.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk