Sign in to follow this  
I <3 Cebu

The process of getting married in PH

I <3 Cebu

We plan on getting married next year, the idea is a civil wedding in Australia & ceremomy somewhere in Cebu with family & friends.

I have heard there is a bit we need to do before it can happen, certificates, seminars etc ?

Who has gone through this (aussie), can you give me a bit of a run down ?

Also any suggestions on venues ?

We are looking at renting  resort for a couple of days, has been a but tedious getting replies, i guess they are still getting used to this new form of communication known as "email"

Enuff
We plan on getting married next year, the idea is a civil wedding in Australia & ceremomy somewhere in Cebu with family & friends.
I have heard there is a bit we need to do before it can happen, certificates, seminars etc ?
Who has gone through this (aussie), can you give me a bit of a run down ?
Also any suggestions on venues ?
We are looking at renting  resort for a couple of days, has been a but tedious getting replies, i guess they are still getting used to this new form of communication known as "email"
If you will already be married is Australia I wouldn't think you would need anything from the Philippines other than a fake minister to replay the wedding.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

BossHog
1 hour ago, I ❤️ Cebu said:

First of all, congratulations to you.

Secondly if you're legally married abroad there's no need to go through any paperwork drama here. Married  is married.

As far as venues for your local reception go, maybe telling the location would be helpful.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1

cookie47

Well it was 19 years ago, however as others have said, If are already married in Australia (ours was in a registry office) Your married.
We just had the church wedding a couple of years later to fullfil that component. Priest was a family member.No seminar mentioned.

Good luck.
Not much of a resort person so cant help you with that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

newtocebu

Hi mate

Congrats

We did something similar to what you are planning

We too got frustrated with the lack of response from some of the high end resorts ( you would think they would be all over it given the $$ involved )

It all depends on your budget - I limited my search to places on Mactan; there are less fancy places like Portofino for example, and nice flashy places like Shangri La

We ended up doing a very informal thing at JPark (that we organised ourselves)

Ozepete

Try Montebello Hotel Resort they are good and have a variety of wedding options. 

• Like 2

baby43

My wife and myself got married here in Australia 9 years, if you get married in Australia you must sent copy of your marriage certificate to foreign affairs dept here in Australia to certify, also the marriage certificate to Philippines embassy or consulate red seal and red ribbon to be put on the certificate.    

newtocebu
18 hours ago, Ozepete said:

Try Montebello Hotel Resort they are good and have a variety of wedding options. 

^ this (good suggestion Pete)

Beautiful grounds, plenty of space, nice pool and i found their food quite good

When they are hosting a wedding (or other functions) they actually close off the main pool and restaurant to other hotel guests (which is annoying if you are a guest [been in that situation a couple of times] but good if you are part of the function)

• Thanks 1

Headshot

We had our wedding prep at Montebello Hotel. They gave us the honeymoon suite along (for the night before the wedding) with an additional smaller room for changing. Note that we were already married civilly, and we were just finalizing the marriage in church. In the morning, the suite was transformed into a prep area for the bride and bridesmaids, while the groom (me) and groom's men were consigned to the smaller room. We did most of our wedding pictorial photos on the grounds in and around the Montebello Hotel, and it is a beautiful place with lots of great photo settings. Ours was a cathedral wedding, and we had the reception up at Chateau de Busay, but if you are planning a simple non-church wedding with the reception following immediately, you would be hard pressed to beat Montebello Hotel for their service, atmosphere and convenience.

• Like 1