Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

LTO - two 6 mo visas = one 1 year visa

lamoe

Went to the LTO near E-mall on Friday - closed

Went back today - got there at 7:20 - #80 - at 8 AM played Nat anthem and pledge of alliance - was asked on Friday if senior - yes - guard remembered me - told to go into office first - had form filled out - got from guard - desk guy inspected passport - said no good - need 1 year visa not 6 months - I asked to speak to supervisor.

Not here sir - wait please - 9:30 she comes in - we talk for 10 min - aware of problem - I'm not the first. Sorry sir.

Then she said "you need a visa good until June 2019".

Bingo - remembered was asked at J Mall if I wanted another 6 month extension when I picked up new ACR card (present one good til Dec 2018) - asked her if I can get one good until June 2019  you will approve? YES!! Even though would be 2 weeks short of June 16th? YES.

Take taxi  to J Mall - ask "can I get a 6 month extension good until June 2019?"

Big guy - "YES, but if you leave country need to start over again".  TY.

Get  2nd visa - 7 K -  take taxi back to LTO - get drug test  - photo copies etc.

Pay fees - got plastic one.- only good til B day 2022

Took 8 hours but if I'd had 2nd visa and drug test maybe less than 3

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Woolf
39 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Pay fees - got plastic one.- only good til B day 2022

Hmmm so there is no way to bypass the 1 year visa rule   hmmm

yes renew is always on your birthday, makes it easier to remember

Ooooh well you got your license 

I did not know that immigration would do multi extensions

from now on there will be no problem to renew your license in 2022

how much did the license cost you ??  drug test, physical and LTO cost ??

Edited by Woolf

lamoe
8 minutes ago, Woolf said:

yes renew is always on your birthday, makes it easier to remember

Ooooh well you got your license 

from now on there will be no problem to renew your license in 2022

how much did the license cost you ??  drug test, physical and LTO cost ??

Didn't keep good track - less than 800 P

taxis almost cost more?

Won't do on same day - can come back next day - serious - when got 59 day tried for 6 mo - "no sir come back tomorrow".

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Is this thread about getting a license without having a valid foreign license or about getting a conversion?

If an expat is already driving on a foreign license he can (not "will" but I know he can) get a conversion by just going to a different office.  If anyone is having trouble converting a foreign license to a Philippine license then come to Dumaguete and I'll introduce you to a couple of guys on regular tourist visas who converted their license to Philippines after being her approx 3 months.  No visa, rental contract, fixers or any other bs required.

• Like 2

Woolf
4 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Is this thread about getting a license without having a valid foreign license or about getting a conversion?

If an expat is already driving on a foreign license he can (not "will" but I know he can) get a conversion by just going to a different office.  If anyone is having trouble converting a foreign license to a Philippine license then come to Dumaguete and I'll introduce you to a couple of guys on regular tourist visas who converted their license to Philippines after being her approx 3 months.  No visa, rental contract, fixers or any other bs required.

How long time ago is this ??

A_Simple_Man
7 minutes ago, Woolf said:

How long time ago is this ??

Last month and two months ago.

Woolf
3 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Well well      So they "forgot" to check the visa

• Like 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Won't do on same day - can come back next day - serious - when got 59 day tried for 6 mo - "no sir come back tomorrow".

This is something I've long suspected but no one has ever checked it out.  The wording on the BI website makes it sound like you you can't renew too early but it's written in response to a question asking "how early should I renew" and not "how early can I renew?"  I don't believe the BI would turn away someone looking to pay them money for a renewal as long as they are in the 3 year limit.  Apparently, however, renewing twice on the same day would gum up their bookkeeping so it has to be done on successive days.

• Haha 1

A_Simple_Man
20 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Well well      So they "forgot" to check the visa

Nope.  It's just how they do it here.  Your mileage may vary but come on down and try it.  It works for anyone.  It's just that each office of LTO interprets the rules differently.  Sorry they do not interpret them the same as you but this is Philippines.  Its how they do things here.

Offer is open.  Anyone who wants to believe need only send me a private message to meet them when they come to Dumaguete.  I will be pleased to introduce you to people who have had their license converted within the last couple of months and all you need to do is the same as they did.  When it works for you just buy us lunch for our trouble.  Or just go in the Dumaguete LTO office and ask yourself.  They are not making a secret of it.

• Like 1

lamoe
45 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

First thing they did was check - did show valid USA license and asked for conversion

Don't doubt you but travel time and cost waaay more than what i went through.

Great for you down there. Not just interpreting them different totally ignoring parts of them?

This is Region 7 - mgr said she has discussed with regional office and not bending in Cebu City.

May -2017

http://lto.gov.ph/license-permit-issuance/284-non-professional-driver-s-license.html

REQUIREMENTS

1. NEW APPLICATION/CONVERSION

1. Duly Accomplished Application for Driver's License (ADL);
  2. Valid SP issued at least thirty (30) days from date of application;
  3. Medical Certififcate issued by any licensed practicing physician stating that the applicant is physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle or otherwise stating his/her impairment; and
  4. In addition, for foreigners, original and photocopy of passport with entry of at least one (1) month and visa duration of at least one (1) year from date of application, or if born in the Philippines, present original and photocopy of birth certificate duly authenticated by the NSO.

This is what allowed me to get it - didn't say had to be a single visa - just current and valid for 1 year

"visa duration of at least one (1) year from date of application"

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

savarity

This is all very interesting.

Thanks for the info about Dumaguete.

And it would have been great to stack some 6 month extentions during the time when 'express lane' fees were gone. I tried in Manila, but was knocked back twice.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

lamoe
12 minutes ago, savarity said:

This is all very interesting.

Thanks for the info about Dumaguete.

And it would have been great to stack some 6 month extentions during the time when 'express lane' fees were gone. I tried in Manila, but was knocked back twice.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

To paraphrase an old saying

"It's not what you know, it's where you go"

The  7.5 K P (taxis included) was not anticipated but just meant earlier spent than expected