Jump to content

Anthony Bourdain Dead At 61


RogerDat

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HeyMike said:

Like David Carradine?

The reports are saying he hung himself, I just don't believe Bourdain did it.

Carradines brother disputes David hanging himself also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Kabisay-an gid

    4

  • HeyMike

    4

  • RogerDat

    3

  • Joe Sixpack

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a hard one to take, as many of us travelers consider him a sort of kindred spirit.  He'd been through a recent divorce after his wife cheated on him, and just a few days ago he discovered his

Be at peace...no more reservations... Personalities don't always get a lot of respect in my house as they are very fake. Tony however was always open and honest, admitting his mistakes and giving

I just got done watching a tribute show on CNN showcasing his many travels.  He was in the Philippines and even got a tattoo in the center of his chest at a remote mountain village.  I always tried to

Posted Images

HeyMike
2 minutes ago, hoz said:

Carradines brother disputes David hanging himself also. 

Can't blame his brother for not accepting the story. I would never accept it either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Irenicus
On 6/10/2018 at 2:43 AM, samatm said:

guys like him and Robin Williams.... had everything...did everything.. gotta wonder why?

 

I sometimes think that people blessed with great intelligence, drive and creativity are sometimes cursed with particular demons that can accompany such gifts.

Ignorant, unimaginative people are rarely bothered by life.

Bahala na.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe Sixpack
16 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

I sometimes think that people blessed with great intelligence, drive and creativity are sometimes cursed with particular demons that can accompany such gifts.

Ignorant, unimaginative people are rarely bothered by life.

Bahala na.

 

werty.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabisay-an gid

Williams was a comedian and Bourdain was a chef - two fields of endeavor that don't require "great intelligence". Both men were quite talented at what they did, but I don't believe that either possessed "great intelligence".

However, both suffered over many years from serious alcohol and drug addictions - and it's well established that there's a high suicide rate connected with those addictions. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

Suicide is one thing, but suicide by hanging is another. Not buying it (not that it matters). Some serious evil going on here, in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe Sixpack
10 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Williams was a comedian and Bourdain was a chef - two fields of endeavor that don't require "great intelligence". Both men were quite talented at what they did, but I don't believe that either possessed "great intelligence".

However, both suffered over many years from serious alcohol and drug addictions - and it's well established that there's a high suicide rate connected with those addictions. 

 

There's also a well established correlation between addiction and intelligence.....and its.not really fair to consider these celebrities as just a cook and a comedian.  Yeah they're not rocket scientists, but both had much higher than average intelligence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
sugbu777
17 hours ago, hoz said:

He used the belt of the bathrobe to hang himself.  His friend and fellow chef Eric Rippert found his body. 

 

Erotic asphyxiation?

 

16 hours ago, HeyMike said:

Like David Carradine?

The reports are saying he hung himself, I just don't believe Bourdain did it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Three days before Tony died, Kate Spade, a famous fashion designer, died in New York City in almost the same exact way. Either somebody is going around killing celebrities (not likely) or there are a lot of copycat suicides. It is very unusual for women to hang themselves.

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2150287/suicide-contagion-fears-climb-news-media-focus

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..