Anthony Bourdain Dead At 61

RogerDat

the.lone.gunman

I was scratching my head during a Manila episode where he said the Jolibee spaghetti was pretty good........  I think maybe he didn’t eat for a week before he tried it.

• Like 4
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kabisay-an gid

• HeyMike

• RogerDat

• Joe Sixpack

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a hard one to take, as many of us travelers consider him a sort of kindred spirit.  He'd been through a recent divorce after his wife cheated on him, and just a few days ago he discovered his

Be at peace...no more reservations... Personalities don't always get a lot of respect in my house as they are very fake. Tony however was always open and honest, admitting his mistakes and giving

I just got done watching a tribute show on CNN showcasing his many travels.  He was in the Philippines and even got a tattoo in the center of his chest at a remote mountain village.  I always tried to

Posted Images

samatm

guys like him and Robin Williams.... had everything...did everything.. gotta wonder why?

Kabisay-an gid
5 hours ago, samatm said:

guys like him and Robin Williams.... had everything...did everything.. gotta wonder why?

Depression (as well as alcohol and/or drug addiction) isn't something that affects only the middle-income and poor. 

Kabisay-an gid
7 hours ago, the.lone.gunman said:

I was scratching my head during a Manila episode where he said the Jolibee spaghetti was pretty good........  I think maybe he didn’t eat for a week before he tried it.

He was judging it for what it was - fast food spaghetti, and their spaghetti IS decent for a fast food place.

He wasn't comparing it to a 5-star Italian restaurant.

• Like 2
the.lone.gunman
31 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

He was judging it for what it was - fast food spaghetti, and their spaghetti IS decent for a fast food place.

He wasn't comparing it to a 5-star Italian restaurant.

Then he was a questionable judge of fast food spaghetti.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
RogerDat

Anthony Bourdain, CNN host and celebrity chef, hanged himself with bathrobe belt, prosecutors say.

According to the prosecutor of Colmar in France's Alsace region, Bourdain hanged himself in the bathroom of his French hotel room.

Prosecutor Christian de Rocquigny told The Associated Press on Saturday that the famed chef and host of the CNN series "Parts Unknown" used the belt of his hotel bathrobe to commit suicide on Friday.

Of the 61-year-old star's death, Rocquigny said, "There is no element that makes us suspect that someone came into the room at any moment." He also said a medical expert had concluded there were no signs of violence on Bourdain's body.

The prosecutor said toxicology tests were being carried out, including urine tests, to see if Bourdain took any medications, to try to help his family understand if anything led him to kill himself.

On Friday, Bourdain was found dead of an apparent suicide in his hotel room. He was 61.

"It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain," CNN said in a statement. "His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."

• Thanks 1
On 6/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, liquido said:

haha I kind of lost some faith in him when he said the pork in the Philippines was the best he has ever ate...

21 hours ago, RogerDat said:

He probably was at a high end restaurant. They used to have inch thick pork chops at Clark you could cut with a fork, and it was as tender as a burger. I think it came from a black and white pig raised to US standards by some expats at a place called Black Son Ranch.

He was talking about Cebu Lechon when he said he had the "best pig ever".  No Reservations Season 5 Episode 7. 

• Like 3
On 6/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, PhilsFan said:

Last night I introduced my lady to Tony...by watching 2 of his Philippine shows..in both shows he never left Manila. 

He was in Cebu at the end of the No Reservations Philippines episode, they show/tour the Taboan dried fish market before cooking and eating lechon.

ufzMHZ2.png

• Like 3
PhilsFan

Correct. My mistake. Most of his filming was done in Manila on the 2 shows we watched. Remarkable insight given the lack of filming locations.

papimafioso69

So sad . Many of us there I'm sure always head to those food stands in Thailand or any other country we've traveled . As a chef in my earlier days I  really loved this book Kitchen Confidential . The way he portrayed life in the Kitchen . Long hours lot's of booze and drugs and girls , yes the girls . Loved the summer season . A new group of collage girls working a summer job . I can't count how many episodes saying to myself that I would love to go there just for that dish . Rip Tony . In my last 10yrs. the union I belong to of 300 men and woman have seen 6 of our members commit suicide . So sad . He will be missed .

• Administrator
Salty Dog

KID531LittleConsideration.jpg

• Like 2
samatm
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, Kabisay-an gid said:

Depression (as well as alcohol and/or drug addiction) isn't something that affects only the middle-income and poor. 

of course... its just that guys like him seemed to have LIVES... meaning they had lots of friends, contributed to society, and led exciting interesting fun filled lives...   Im gonna guess it was  Big Pharma Psych drugs that killed him. 

• Like 1
HeyMike
7 minutes ago, samatm said:

of course... its just that guys like him seemed to have LIVES... meaning they had lots of friends, contributed to society, and led exciting interesting fun filled lives...   Im gonna guess it was  Big Pharma Psych drugs that killed him. 

That is what I was thinking also. But now I don't think Bourdain killed himself at all. Something just does not seem right about him, and the others hanging themselves. I'm not buying it.

He used the belt of the bathrobe to hang himself.  His friend and fellow chef Eric Rippert found his body. 

2 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

But now I don't think Bourdain killed himself at all. Something just does not seem right about him, and the others hanging themselves. I'm not buying it.

Erotic asphyxiation?

HeyMike
10 minutes ago, hoz said:

He used the belt of the bathrobe to hang himself.  His friend and fellow chef Eric Rippert found his body. 

Erotic asphyxiation?

Like David Carradine?

The reports are saying he hung himself, I just don't believe Bourdain did it.