Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

SM City banned all open fire in restaurant kitches - many menus are "out of stock" now !

Goetz1965

A little advise if some of you want to go to eat in SM City - ask BEFORE you order whats on the menu - because ....

We were to ChoobiChoobi today and ordered our favourites - the guy noted all and repeated and went off to the kitchen - returning 3 minutes later telling us "sorry no grill allowed".
Turned out that after the fire in one of SM restaurants  2 weeks ago (the exhaust catched fire) the mall managment now forbid any open fire in the kitchens !

Unfortunately it again showed the stupidity here (or even that of ChoobiChoobi) as NO SIGN tells this outside the restaurant - and of course they take your order only to come back to you later to tell "Sorry Sir ... Bla Bla Bla ..."

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
31 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

ask BEFORE you order whats on the menu

Tried that in Dumaguete just 2 days ago.  Server said yes it is on the menu.  Came back 3 minutes later, no it is not available today.  You just have to learn to go with the flow here.  When you look at the menu then have a suitable backup choice in your head so when the waiter/waitress comes back you can smoothly switch gears with no stress.

Of course when you have 3 different back up choices and none are in stock then a person cannot be blamed for pulling a bit of a fit.

• Like 5

GBT62

There's only one flammable thing in those restaurant exhaust chutes - the oil and grease that builds up in the filters. 

They needn't ban the use of flames - just implement a strict cleaning and inspection cycle for them.

When I moved into my current apartment - the exhaust filters over the burners was literally dripping with oil buildup. It looked like honey clogging honeycomb.....

It took a lot of scrubbing, boiling water and even pressure from my shower head to get it all out.  One hit with a flame would have set it all ablaze. Next time I'll hit it with my Gerni.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, GBT62 said:

There's only one flammable thing in those restaurant exhaust chutes - the oil and grease that builds up in the filters. 

They needn't ban the use of flames - just implement a strict cleaning and inspection cycle for them.

2 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Unfortunately it again showed the stupidity here (or even that of ChoobiChoobi) as NO SIGN tells this outside the restaurant - and of course they take your order only to come back to you later to tell "Sorry Sir ... Bla Bla Bla ..."

Combined both quotes - no muliquote anymore?

Treat the symptom not the cause and do whatever is easiest however asinine.

Not stupidity - see other post - if they get you in figure you'll stay

Of course no spicy chicken at Jollibee Seaside was a shock.

Edited by lamoe

Enuff

Burger King is closing at Seaside?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

lamoe
4 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Not really open - in a tunnel? ? same as a gas oven?

Headshot
6 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Naw, this just applies to SM City Cebu.

• Like 1