Dating Pitfalls BE AWARE!

Yikes! the universe

Headshot
1 hour ago, Travis said:

What is the reason for asking for her ID? If she is 35 you dont have to worry about her being under aged. 

First of all, it is often difficult for a Western man to tell an Asian woman's age by her looks. She may or may not be over 18. Second, a good ID will give you enough information about her to know if she is telling you the truth about other things as well as her age. If she doesn't want you to see her ID, you can bet she is hiding something, and her age might be the least of it. If you really want to know about her, ask to go into the photo gallery in her cell phone to see pictures of her friends and family. Of course, if you ask to see her ID and her pictures, you should be willing to do the same for her. After all, women have the same right to know who they are talking to that men do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• Yikes! the universe

• yee

• royman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree 100%, lots of scammers I get endless messages from lovely ladies only wanting "fun". At 1st I thought great, finally an adventurous lady. Wrong, apparently fun is code word for sex. Some of t

Back in Feb. I started a post about (relocating to get away from crazy girl)..after a while I stopped responding to this post because I got as much info as I wanted before I moved to Bohol from Baguio

Posted Images

lamoe
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

The girls have it tough also. there are a lot of guys on those sights just looking for a free strip show.

Some ladies also - ?

25 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

How do you do it sooner?  Glad you asked.  Steer the topic to picture ID and comment about how some people look so funny in their ID pics and ask to see hers.  Every legit person will show you her ID, same as you would show yours if you are legit.  It is as responsible as using a condom IMHO.

I used the more direct approach  - mentioned LinC and said the other members stressed looking at and showing  I.D.

"May I see yours please?" most would say can I see yours also?  "Of course"

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

"May I see yours please?" most would say can I see yours also?  "Of course"

You sooooo dirty!!!

• Haha 4
Yikes! the universe
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

You strike me as a guy who panics easily

there is some truth to that, but anxiety is a hardwired feature that has keep me alive and out of trouble for 40 years now and I'm back in the states and not in prison so I must be doing something right. What scares me the most about the situation I was in, is that I do have street smarts and I do have dating experience in the US and the PH..this was my 4 trip that lasted 8 months and my 3rd trip I lived with my ex-gf for 6 months in that country, the 1st two trips I took were just short vacations. What I would like to get across to the people researching sites like this is that the Philippines is not a joke and you can unknowingly be put in a situation that will result in an empty bank account or prison. I don't want to scare away anyone from going there, it really is full of beautiful women and cheap living, however, if you let your guard down and take the chance of trusting someone it can lead to my situation. And thanks to everyone who responded to this post I appreciate your commentary and hopefully it will spark someone who is thinking of going their to date to realize that place can be a minefield. 

Edited by Yikes! the universe
  • Like 5
Goetz1965

Not only you should ask for an ID - also a valid BIRTHCERTIFICATE if she claims to be 18/19/20 but looks younger.

And besides all the papers - realize that they have no health insurance here - so the girl is maybe 25 but never was to a checkup - bad teeth is usually the first thing you will notice - and if youre in love pay for braces, dentures etc.
But what about all the other hidden diseases in that girl ? 
So best bring your new found girl to a executive checkup - and decide after that ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
58 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

bad teeth is usually the first thing you will notice

The first thing I do is check her teeth! I ask her to open wide and gently probe around for cavities and missing teeth. If she passes that test I then ask for photo ID...

• Haha 7
topcat72m
4 minutes ago, Dafey said:

The first thing I do is check her teeth! I ask her to open wide and gently probe around for cavities and missing teeth. If she passes that test I then ask for photo ID...

I will sometimes ask to open wide and I will often gently probe around cavities also. Where I'm probing I don't expect to find teeth. But if I'm suspicious about age I'm sure I'd check ID first. 

• Like 1
Yikes! the universe
5 hours ago, Travis said:

What is the reason for asking for her ID? If she is 35 you dont have to worry about her being under aged. 

To make sure I get the spelling right, they have last names that are not so easy to spell and it would be awkward to break out a pen and paper to ask for correct spelling after they tell you their full names.

max111
1 minute ago, Yikes! the universe said:

To make sure I get the spelling right, they have last names that are not so easy to spell and it would be awkward to break out a pen and paper to ask for correct spelling after they tell you their full names.

If you are american, why do you have such a problem with your #1 language?

Yikes! the universe
1 minute ago, max111 said:

If you are american, why do you have such a problem with your #1 language?

because the average filipina doesn't have the typical last names as Americans do, plus their accent when pronouncing their last names makes it even more difficult to spell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
max111

5 minutes ago, Yikes! the universe said:

because the average filipina doesn't have the typical last names as Americans do, plus their accent when pronouncing their last names makes it even more difficult to spell.

Garcia, Rodriguez, Martinez, Hernandez, Lopez are some of the typical american last names.....

Not to forget Speedy Gonsalez

Edited by max111

If you want dangerous dating in the Philippines, date a female police officer!
Fun, but dangerous, handcuffs and gun............ 

Or, if you really want dangerous dating, date a girl married to a police officer!

• Like 1
Yikes! the universe
9 minutes ago, max111 said:

Garcia, Rodriguez, Martinez, Hernandez, Lopez are some of the typical american last names.....

Not to forget Speedy Gonsalez

my point exactly...you actually spelled Gonsalez wrong (its Gonzalez) if you want to refer to all the Mexicans who live here in Texas....lol

• Like 1
max111
6 minutes ago, Yikes! the universe said:

my point exactly...you actually spelled Gonsalez wrong (its Gonzalez) if you want to refer to all the Mexicans who live here in Texas....lol

Yes, and You spelt "spelt" wrong. ok?

23 minutes ago, Yikes! the universe said:

Saying the filipinas doesn't have typical last names is a bit odd, don't you think?

Yikes! the universe
2 minutes ago, max111 said:

Yes, and You spelt "spelt" wrong. ok?

Please don't divert this thread away from the purpose of posting it by quoting misspelled words and pissing on sentence structure.

2 minutes ago, max111 said:

Saying the filipinas doesn't have typical last names is a bit odd, don't you think?

its not odd to me...their last names are not something I am use to seeing or spelling so forgive me for liking accuracy when it comes to typing in the correct spelling of a name where I am about to check it out on Google and FB.

• Like 1