Sign in to follow this  
Yikes! the universe

Dating Pitfalls BE AWARE!

to_dave007

You met someone you didn't know much about..  and you had strong suspicions already that she was not honest.

Yet once your sickness passed, you still brought her to your condo three times within less than 10 days.

Which head were you thinking with?

Yikes! the universe
2 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

You met a scammer. You did the right thing and broke contact.

However I think you're making a bigger deal than is needed. If this is the worst thing a woman has ever done to you count yourself lucky. 

Maybe you shouldn't invest so much in meeting a girl through a dating site. Meet a few before getting your hopes up. Relax and go with the flow. 

I hate to come across as someone who is making a big deal about something, but I NEVER been put in that type of situation before and I really want to emphasize the severity of what can happen to expats who don't understand that the Philippines can be a nightmarish trap if you don't keep your guard up. yes I guess I am lucky that this is the worst thing a woman has done to me, but damn it I'm innocent and could of ended up in trouble for believing lies. 

• Like 3

Yikes! the universe
3 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Which head were you thinking with?

I tried to blame myself and say I was thinking with the little head, but I was serious about having a relationship with her. once again I was inexperienced and hope somebody can take something away from this post to keep themselves out of trouble.

• Like 3

lolhahaha

And here I was thinking that those date sites were for guys looking for a girl BEFORE they visit the Philippines.

Once you are here you can easily choose just about whoever you want.

Next time, just go outside and walk around..

• Like 3

Edwin

I think it would be best to get some dating experience in your home country before coming to the Philippines. It isn't the place to lose your virginity.

• Haha 2

lamoe
2 hours ago, Enuff said:

I agree 100%, lots of scammers

I get endless messages from lovely ladies only wanting "fun". At 1st I thought great, finally an adventurous lady. Wrong, apparently fun is code word for sex. Some of these women have forced themselves upon me and some have even offered me money to impregnate them.

At first I felt bad taking their money, knowing I've had a vasectomy but turn around is fair play.

I recently had to shut my profile down because my wife was getting suspicious of all my activity.

Stay away from internet dating sites.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

That bit about them "saying" they want a white child without  marriage is really not a joke.

Part of the ploy for some.

Only had one offer to support me - teacher from Manila - closer to my age  - 50 - but a lot who wanted me to support their whole families - wanted a CC (cash cow)

19 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

And here I was thinking that those date sites were for guys looking for a girl BEFORE they visit the Philippines.

Once you are here you can easily choose just about whoever you want.

Next time, just go outside and walk around..

I would bet that you would run into scammers on the street also.

The advantage to DIA is you can sit in an A/C room so not get sweaty before you meet.?

The real advantage to the sites is for those of us who were, for whatever reason, shy about approaching ladies. Also, can meet ones who are not local and they consider anything over 5 Km to be far.

By the time I wasn't shy any more didn't matter. :1frog:

Of the two ladies I found to be most compatible  - one was from Butuan and the other Lapu lapu (still with me) - others from Toledo, Mandaue, Talisay, etc.

Combined with SKYPE, DIA and others were a decent weeding process to get rid of the potential weeds.

So, Yikes

You learned and still alive or in jail, it's a win / win situation.

As for the I.D. thing -  I was always up front why very cautious about getting involved - because of possible scammers thanks to LinC.

"Not that I believe you are one of course" Tata had no problems showing me her I.D.s

If you try again say the same - if no show then no go.

lamoe
16 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I think it would be best to get some dating experience in your home country before coming to the Philippines. It isn't the place to lose your virginity.

Don't remember if he is as open about himself as I am (I know TMI) but those even somewhat close to my age are more tenacious than here.:hyper:

Flakes
7 hours ago, rep1 said:

Am I the only one who found this rather .. um.. uncomfortable?? You had to ask the ID of the woman you date?

The next would be a certification of no-marriage... wouldn't as hilarious as their NBI paper though  :rolleyes:

In some case here an age and STD free clarification can be not to much to asked.

• Thanks 1

Flakes
4 hours ago, Enuff said:

I agree 100%, lots of scammers

I get endless messages from lovely ladies only wanting "fun". At 1st I thought great, finally an adventurous lady. Wrong, apparently fun is code word for sex. Some of these women have forced themselves upon me and some have even offered me money to impregnate them.

At first I felt bad taking their money, knowing I've had a vasectomy but turn around is fair play.

I recently had to shut my profile down because my wife was getting suspicious of all my activity.

Stay away from internet dating sites.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Nice business model u had going?.

• Like 1

Flakes
8 hours ago, Yikes! the universe said:

Back in Feb. I started a post about (relocating to get away from crazy girl)..after a while I stopped responding to this post because I got as much info as I wanted before I moved to Bohol from Baguio...now that I'm safely back in the US I can hopefully share my nightmare with the newbies who are naive and inexperienced as I was when it comes to the dangers of dating in a "developing country" like the PH. After going through 7 or 8 obvious scammers on date in Asia I found someone who I thought was the real deal. Unfortunately her profile turned out to be a complete SCAM! She said she was 28, was really 35....she said she was single, was really separated (which means NOTHING because they were legally still married)....said she had no kids, she really had 4!....when she would not show me her ID on our 2nd date I became suspicious so the next chance I got I went through her purse while she was in the bathroom and quickly snapped a picture of her ID and waited till she was gone to look at it. To my surprise I saw the birth date that didn't add up to 28 and then Googled her real complete name and the truth popped up and slapped the rose colored glasses off my face. Keep in mind that we only dated for 10 days...the 1st week was her taking me to the hospital because I had a stomach virus and needed antibiotics, after I was feeling better she slept at my condo 3 times. The mourning I found out that she was legally married with 4 kids I quickly conjured up lies of my own and told her a story of why we should just be friends and not lovers. I know better than to call these people out on their bulls**t, it does nothing but embarrass them and 99 out of 100 times they get vengeful with the Philippine law on their side. fast forward to the next day I met her outside my condo and gave her back all the things she left over from the night before. She was upset with me and wanted a serious relationship so I tried my best to soften the blow and tell her how awesome and wonderful she is and we will be friends for a very long time. (all the while I'm thinking in the back of my head "you scamming bit*h".....but I played it cool and prayed that I could get out of this situation without repercussions..WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!...less than 2 weeks later she pulls the pregnancy scam.....then I did some research and soon found out that according to Philippine law her husband who has been separated from her for over 4 years can press charges on me for adultery (EVEN THOUGH I HAD NO IDEA THAT SHE WAS MARRIED)....It doesn't matter in the Philippines...you're a foreigner you're a target....it's been 4 months now and it's all over. I didn't respond to any of her calls or text and slowly but surly the calling and texting times got further and further apart until she finally gave up on a potential sucker like me...please guys watch your ass in the Philippines...and no matter how sweet she is DON'T TRUST HER until you have fully investigated her with the internet, the CENOMAR, her picture ID, and anything else of legal status. and don't be a fool to think that if you meet her friends or family she is more legit, because they will be in on the scam as well.

She giving birth 4 times already and u had not picked up any signs her body condition  about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Headshot

My advice to Yikes would be to stay safely in the US, and stay away from online dating sites. They are all pretty much the same, and regardless of where in the world you are looking, there are scammers out there. You strike me as a guy who panics easily, so just stay in your comfort zone (near your home in the US). That way, you won't have to worry about so many nasty surprises. It's a big, bad world out there, and obviously you don't know how to weed out the bad ones BEFORE you actually get involved ... and you also obviously don't have the demeanor to deal with those who might want to scam you without you panicking. You said you asked for her ID and she refused. THAT was when you should have paid the bill and left. The bit about going through her purse was childish and stupid. And ... if you are going to ask for ID, it should be on the first date ... BEFORE anything serious happens. You keep yourself out of the worst situations by setting up safeguards to protect yourself BEFORE you get into those situations, NOT after the situation has already developed.

• Like 1

Travis

What is the reason for asking for her ID? If she is 35 you dont have to worry about her being under aged. 

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
17 minutes ago, Headshot said:

They are all pretty much the same, and regardless of where in the world you are looking, there are scammers out there.

The girls have it tough also. there are a lot of guys on those sights just looking for a free strip show.

• Like 4

A_Simple_Man
11 hours ago, Yikes! the universe said:

the next chance I got I went through her purse while she was in the bathroom and quickly snapped a picture of her ID

I wonder how many realize that the girls do the same to us?  It is so easy for a guy to use a fake name and throw away sim card when staying in a hotel in Philippines that the girl needs some assurance that you are who you say you are.

So in my opinion you did the right thing in this one area.  Had you done it sooner, such as asking to see ID as soon as you met her, you may have avoided all this.

How do you do it sooner?  Glad you asked.  Steer the topic to picture ID and comment about how some people look so funny in their ID pics and ask to see hers.  Every legit person will show you her ID, same as you would show yours if you are legit.  It is as responsible as using a condom IMHO.

Sorry it progressed to such problems for you.  I do understand how some females do not take NO for an answer.  Certain ex's of mine still send texts or FB messages to me years after it is over, but they are not as crazy as yours seems to be.  Wow. :megashock: