Sign in to follow this  
JohnSurrey

Can you Increase the Height of the Septic Tank?

Woolf

@JohnSurrey

you can use a pump like this one in the holding tank

my sister had one like it in the basement of her house to drain the water

from a holding tank for washing machine and sink water

lifting the water up to the sewer pipe

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/makita-pf0410-electric-submersible-pump-400w-i118887364-s123414014.html?spm=a2o4l.pdp.recommendation_2.2.3871166b0fhSbq&mp=1&scm=1007.16389.99110.0&clickTrackInfo=5a1c5a6a-63af-4e21-b245-9935701a66c5__118887364__22645__1

• Like 1

Woolf

you can use something like this one as holding tank, they can be bought surplus for about 5000 - 6000 php I think

Billedresultat for plastic barrel

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

JohnSurrey
50 minutes ago, Woolf said:

you can use something like this one as holding tank, they can be bought surplus for about 5000 - 6000 I think

Billedresultat for plastic barrel

Yes - I'd really like to avoid the use of a pump if I can but maybe not too many options

lamoe
6 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Yes - I'd really like to avoid the use of a pump if I can but maybe not too many options

Given the dynamics of your layout  you're sh!t out of lock for having a simple solution that avoids a pump of some kind without digging  deep  trench.

Material + labor cost in province less that $$$$ pump?

• Like 1

Jester

I went through this in a house in FL,  the only sensible way I could see to do it was remove the standard toilet and install a rear discharge toilet, thicken the wall it discharged in to 6", change the direction of the bathtub and move the sink. Change the CR door to a slider.

This is about $5,000 (US) worth of work in a house worth about $60k.

So between that and a few other things I sold the house!

Don't know what you situation is there, or if they sell rear discharge toilets, it may give you the few extra inches you need.    IIRC i would have gained about 8 or 10  inches. 

Edited by Jester
  • Like 1

Headshot

John, there are a few things you haven't explained. At the end of this 30 meter run, does the effluent just dump out on top of the ground, into a ditch or into another pipe of some sort? Do you own the "field" where this effluent is going to run through? If so, how wide is the "field?

I would say that if you own the "field" then you should create a leach field by burying the pipe so it has enough fall, and using perforated pipe so the effluent drains into the soil all along the pipe (you actually create like a french drain around the leach field pipe to facilitate drainage. I know you have just measured the surface of the soil, but you need to be thinking underground, if you want the effluent to leach into the surrounding soil. Putting the pipe underground allows you to create a drop in the pipe just by digging the ditch deeper.

drainfield.jpg.e7d6e69d964ef4af02ab05b24e90c534.jpg

Edited by Headshot

JohnSurrey
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

John, there are a few things you haven't explained. At the end of this 30 meter run, does the effluent just dump out on top of the ground, into a ditch or into another pipe of some sort? Do you own the "field" where this effluent is going to run through? If so, how wide is the "field?

I would say that if you own the "field" then you should create a leach field by burying the pipe so it has enough fall, and using perforated pipe so the effluent drains into the soil all along the pipe (you actually create like a french drain around the leach field pipe to facilitate drainage. I know you have just measured the surface of the soil, but you need to be thinking underground, if you want the effluent to leach into the surrounding soil. Putting the pipe underground allows you to create a drop in the pipe just by digging the ditch deeper.

drainfield.jpg.e7d6e69d964ef4af02ab05b24e90c534.jpg

No we don't own the field - they are waiting for the barangay to lay the drain to the main drainage pipe ... still waiting I should say... 

Jess Bartone
On 6/5/2018 at 8:25 PM, max111 said:

Guinness is a good beer, heavy but good!

What does it have to do with Septic Tank

Adding yeast gives a beer outflow apparently.