Sign in to follow this  
wondersailor

Custom's Fees on Balikbayan Boxes?

yee
12 minutes ago, BossHog said:

I hadn't either. Until the past eighteen months. Every balikbayan box I get now has been broken down and thoroughly examined. Some stuff goes missing. Never encountered this before. Something seems to have changed. We get a lot of BB boxes; they all get inspected now.

Wrapped gifts all get torn apart and examined. It's just my experience but have never seen this before in twenty years of shipping boxes here.

But, yeah. Have never gotten any customs fees on balikbayan boxes.

The f. :( What shipping company did you use when you got this issue?

max111
17 minutes ago, BossHog said:

I hadn't either. Until the past eighteen months. Every balikbayan box I get now has been broken down and thoroughly examined. Some stuff goes missing. Never encountered this before. Something seems to have changed. We get a lot of BB boxes; they all get inspected now.

Wrapped gifts all get torn apart and examined. It's just my experience but have never seen this before in twenty years of shipping boxes here.

But, yeah. Have never gotten any customs fees on balikbayan boxes.

Put a list of your goods clearly viewable outside the box, perhaps also with a confirmitaion from sending part.... 

Enuff
OH! Didnt know it took so long!

6 to 8 weeks is QUICK

Global Cargo is based in Newark, NJ and ships direct to Cebu, if going through Manila add another month +

Will people have money to buy shoes months in advance and if pilfered by customs or delivery guys are you gonna have it to give back?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

cookie47
6 to 8 weeks is QUICK 
Global Cargo is based in Newark, NJ and ships direct to Cebu, if going through Manila add another month +

Will people have money to buy shoes months in advance and if pilfered by customs or delivery guys are you gonna have it to give back?

I guess I'm referring to a different country, but for what its worth.
2 months minimum to Cebu from any of the southern states of Australia. And that's been very consistent for years...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

wondersailor
2 hours ago, yee said:

OH! Didnt know it took so long!

Sent mine out of Jacksonville, Fl on July11th and am still waiting for delivery, was promised 5 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

max111
4 hours ago, Enuff said:

6 to 8 weeks is QUICK

No Way, Jose!

I would rather take my family members to HK to do the purchase there.... But, I guess, we are different.

Enuff
No Way, Jose!
I would rather take my family members to HK to do the purchase there.... But, I guess, we are different.
Yes, I shipped perishable foods and medicine, wtf

BB boxes are for shot you don't need but want

Mine are filled with coffee & microwave popcorn

• Like 2

Richard K
6 hours ago, yee said:

The f. :( What shipping company did you use when you got this issue?

Me?.. I would like to know this also.. to avoid. I have had natta... NO PROBLEM ever... with LBC..never opened.. never "custom" inspected.
Every single box I sent from the US had the very same "Gator" duct tape sealing as i sent.. and believe me.. it has plenty..
The manifest said mostly "kitchen, clothes, religious (lol) pots and pans for heavy
you need to find another shipper dude...

• Like 1

max111
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

microwave popcorn

1 hour ago, Enuff said:

Yes, I shipped perishable foods and medicine, wtf

BB boxes are for shot you don't need but want

Mine are filled with coffee & microwave popcorn

Coffee? Yes I  can agree to that... but it might become expensive though...

image.png.958399988bf8937a829caf421cdc4f7f.png

wondersailor

This could be a very useful topic for all linc readers if the members posted if their bb boxes were opened or damaged and what company they used to send them. I will when my boxes arrive. Whithout posting the company names, the posts that your boxes were opened serves no useful purpose. This only scares people from sending b boxes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Whithout posting the company names, the posts that your boxes were opened serves no useful purpose. This only scares people from sending b boxes.

I think that is doubtful !!

billy
4 hours ago, wondersailor said:

This could be a very useful topic for all linc readers if the members posted if their bb boxes were opened or damaged and what company they used to send them. I will when my boxes arrive. Whithout posting the company names, the posts that your boxes were opened serves no useful purpose. This only scares people from sending b boxes.

That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard posters are letting people aware of what’s going on with  boxes being sent. This way people can have an informed decision on whether they want to send a box

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wondersailor

As I stated, I am reporting my recent experiences with shipped b boxes. I used Global  Cargo and all boxes were in great shape. I received them 2 days ago and my only issue is that it took 2 months and 1 week to receive them. I paid $45 a box and I wonder why anyone would ship with the big boys at twice the price? Go Global Cargo!

• Like 2

towboat72

Been shipping with LBC for years with no problems ,from northern cal to Compostela.$70:00 delivered to the door in 45 days or less.This last one sent by daughter to us on July 28 th  we are still waiting on ..Always sealed by shipper never been bothered.

• Like 1