Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

You Know You Are Dating a FILIPINA When...

Recommended Posts

lamoe
14 minutes ago, Travis said:

I have experienced Filipina tampo.. Silent for  days. So yes I do have an idea

There is something you do need to be aware of.

As mentioned in the vid - it's been my experience - very limited I admit - that the need to put your perceived needs above hers  - being caring -  supportive and even  what a Westerner would consider pamper you,  can morph into "With Folded Hands" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_Folded_Hands

If you're not careful it can encroach into all areas of your relationship and when you do try to correct it, there will have no lasting effect other than to make her sad that you are rejecting her efforts to  protect you (from yourself).

In fact that and "Tata Time " when we really are on a time limit, most of the time it dosen't matter,  are the only aspects we have any conflict over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edwin
17 hours ago, lamoe said:

There is something you do need to be aware of.

As mentioned in the vid - it's been my experience - very limited I admit - that the need to put your perceived needs above hers  - being caring -  supportive and even  what a Westerner would consider pamper you,  can morph into "With Folded Hands" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_Folded_Hands

If you're not careful it can encroach into all areas of your relationship and when you do try to correct it, there will have no lasting effect other than to make her sad that you are rejecting her efforts to  protect you (from yourself).

In fact that and "Tata Time " when we really are on a time limit, most of the time it dosen't matter,  are the only aspects we have any conflict over.

Who is Tata?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
3 hours ago, Edwin said:

Who is Tata?

My lady - I've been here 14 months - this month is our 1 year anniversary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edwin
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

My lady - I've been here 14 months - this month is our 1 year anniversary.

Congratulations! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hahaha
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

My lady - I've been here 14 months - this month is our 1 year anniversary.

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KID
On 6/3/2018 at 11:17 PM, Travis said:

Silent for  days. 

sounds like you won the lottery

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Travis
7 hours ago, KID said:

sounds like you won the lottery

I ended up dumping her so yes, I did win the lottery.  : )

Edited by Travis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KID
10 hours ago, Travis said:

I ended up dumping her so yes, I did win the lottery.  : )

just sayin-----beats non-stop bitching for days

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
3 hours ago, KID said:

just sayin-----beats non-stop bitching for days

I hate the Tampo - went through that only once very early in relationship - on 2 nd day said "go home (Lapu Lapu) come back when you're ready to talk"  - 2 days later came back - acted as if nothing had happen. Very glad she did.

Reason? I took money out her hand rather than wait for her to give it me change. We  were (OK, I was) in a hurry.

I keep the 100's and 50's in my wallet - 1,000's in hidden pocket - she keeps the 20's and change for jeepny. Tried to give her some 100's and above. No go.

Now it's - "talk to me"  - knows I mean it. Usually some small sh!t, easily resolved -  I apologize ? - cause it is usually my fault   - me doing something didn't even think about. See above

Knows when I'm quite it's usually because of Tata time  when we're out and about and have to be somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edwin

Lamoe, it's very interesting to read of your daily life with Tata. It gives us great insight into what life with a Filipina is like. Keep up the good work. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog

But Tampo makeup is always so good… :wink:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
13 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Lamoe, it's very interesting to read of your daily life with Tata. It gives us great insight into what life with a Filipina is like. Keep up the good work. 

Not sure of your experience 

NEVER, never assume a Filipina thinks or will react as a Western woman would.

What you assume should be inconsequential isn't and what shouldn't be is.

Yes and no about the insight - our relationship dynamics are not really that common - 50 year magnanimous marriage for me - over 14 years continuous OFW for her. So not that much previous experience at being newbies in a live-in relationship for either of us.

I'm still in awe that someone this wonderful and frustrating wants to be with be.

Example:

Did you brush your teeth love? Wash your hands love. No cold water, you have a cold love. stairs - take my hand love.    That's the "with folded hands aspect.

Frustrating aspect.

Sometimes she walks behind me  - doesn't want to be seen with me or being subservient?   NO

Likes to window shop but doesn't tell me when she stops or peels off and I keep going.  Tried to correct her of that (yeah right)

Also does it so she can see if other ladies look at me AND if I turn to look. Won't make that mistake again.:girldevil:

Change what you can, accept what you can't and for your own sanity better learn the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jtmwatchbiz
15 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Not sure of your experience 

NEVER, never assume a Filipina thinks or will react as a Western woman would.

well it's obvious by your extremely limited experience that you should not generalize about Philippine women or use yours or your past extremely limited experiences with western women as an example to prove any bizarre point you are trying to force down peoples' throats.  you are far from an expert on this and your constant referral to your partner's behavior is not as relevant as you may think. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
On 6/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, lamoe said:

In fact that and "Tata Time " when we really are on a time limit

Just curious, how did a girl get the nickname "Tata"?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
9 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

well it's obvious by your extremely limited experience that you should not generalize about Philippine women or use yours or your past extremely limited experiences with western women as an example to prove any bizarre point you are trying to force down peoples' throats.  you are far from an expert on this and your constant referral to your partner's behavior is not as relevant as you may think. 

Please notice I did not say they never act the same I said

"never assume they will"

also

" it's been my experience - very limited I admit"

and finally

" our relationship dynamics are not really that common"

Are you saying that a man should always assume that they will think and react exactly the same as Western women?

You mean the others who have said the same as I did are also wrong or just me?

Care to post why they will or just want to bitch at me as usual?

Remember this ain't the CR and you may get banned for life again.

5 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Just curious, how did a girl get the nickname "Tata"?

Not sure. 

Figured it's just  her third name.

Given, diminutive, nickname.

 

Edited by lamoe
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..