How much it costs to grab a pint of beer around the world

Soupeod

TequilaSunset

All this talk about beer, and I haven't seen any offers for a free one... you all suck!

• Like 2
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• TequilaSunset

• cookie47

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seven ounces isn't a small beer...that's a small sip.

Maybe you need to remove from your profile that you live in California...

Posted Images

lolhahaha

I laughed at the 5 dollar beer in Tokyo. This can't be an average, just that they found a place, on ladies night, that sold the cheap malt version of Kirin for 5.

For instance, I regularly found 8 to 10 dollar pints as normal price in Tokyo and paid about 15 for a Samuel Adams, and this was almost 20 years ago. This was just in regular bars all over Tokyo and Yokohama.

They should have mentioned Nairobi or Mombasa. 25c beers there and you only need 2 of them because they are like 25oz 10% each.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

$15 Sam Adams...I can only afford one!

227267707_bigbeer.jpg.aaae16404ace627d4bf550ce9d8cab0f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

All this talk about beer, and I haven't seen any offers for a free one... you all suck!

Maybe you need to remove from your profile that you live in California...:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
cookie47

I'm no expert on Beer as such but living remotely in Australia all i need to consider if it was cold, what was on the label was irrelevant, haha.

Living in Darwin in the 70s "most products were trucked in.

Coke came either from Perth or Adelaide.The difference in taste was very obvious.
In fact locals would ask the shopkeeper." wheres your coke from this week, "if Adelaide you may pass (assuming you were buying in bulk) and go to a different store as the taste was distinctly different.Adealaides water although treated is much harsher due to the greater use of bore water than Perth.

True story.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
TequilaSunset
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

PO tay toe PAH ta toe

• Confused 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

He resides in Cali....he lives here!!!

• Thanks 1
Soupeod

How much is a Heineken where you live in the Philippines?

cookie47

I once found San Miguel in an Australian liquor outlet.
Got home, took one sip, nah, ok but something wrong. Looked at label.
Product of Spain. See link below that throws light on taste in relation to water used....

https://www.pelicanwater.com/blog/different-types-water-affect-taste-beer/

• Like 1
TequilaSunset
9 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I once found San Miguel in an Australian liquor outlet.
Got home, took one sip, nah, ok but something wrong. Looked at label.
Product of Spain. See link below that throws light on taste in relation to water used....

https://www.pelicanwater.com/blog/different-types-water-affect-taste-beer/

The Heineken I buy in the US does taste way different than the ones served on EVA Air (Is Malayan I believe)

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid
On 5/31/2018 at 3:21 AM, TequilaSunset said:

They were waiting for you to offer to buy! :drink:

40 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

The Heineken I buy in the US does taste way different than the ones served on EVA Air (Is Malayan I believe)

Is it served in bottle or can on EVA? If it's served in a can, there's your answer. European beers have a little different brewing process than American, and rarely taste as good in a can as they do in a bottle or on tap. 

If your Malayan reference is to the home of EVA Air,  they were founded and are based in Taiwan.

Cheers! 

• Like 1
TequilaSunset

Comparing can vs can... EVA was just funny, bitter...tasted just like the Tiger beer in a can I get here.

Is it served in bottle or can on EVA? If it's served in a can, there's your answer. European beers have a little different brewing process than American, and rarely taste as good in a can as they do in a bottle or on tap. 
If your Malayan reference is to the home of EVA Air,  they were founded and are based in Taiwan.
Cheers! 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kabisay-an gid
3 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

Comparing can vs can... EVA was just funny, bitter...tasted just like the Tiger beer in a can I get here.

I've never had Heineken in a can. Having lived in Europe for about 5 years, I avoid canned European beers - they never seem to taste right if not in a bottle or on tap, IMHO. YMMV. 

• Like 1
colemanlee
15 hours ago, soupeod said:

How much is a Heineken where you live in the Philippines?

99p only available in a can wife likes it, I would just as soon have a Pilsan, dont like beer in a can..

TequilaSunset

Camping I tend to bring cans due to some campsite rules, but yeah, bottle every chance I get

99p only available in a can wife likes it, I would just as soon have a Pilsan, dont like beer in a can..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1