How much it costs to grab a pint of beer around the world

Soupeod

Soupeod

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/money/other/how-much-it-costs-to-grab-a-pint-of-beer-around-the-world/ar-AAxZlw6?li=BBr8Mkm#image=2

If you're planning a trip to Manila or Prague, you're in luck — those cities have some of the cheapest prices for beer around the world.

Deutsche Bank analysts collected data on how much it costs to buy a pint of beer in a neighborhood pub in the expat area of a major cities for its latest report mapping the world's prices.

Beers are the cheapest in Manila, Philippines, at $1.50. Prague, Czech Republic, is close behind, where buying a beer will set you back about $1.60.

On the flip side, you're going to have to shell out more for the same sized beer in cities like Oslo, Norway ($10.30), Singapore ($8.30), and Hong Kong ($8.90).

Prices for beers in major American cities tend to be on the higher end compared to cities around the world. New York City lists the most expensive prices stateside at $7.70 a beer, but San Francisco isn't far behind at $7.40.

Check out the full list of beer prices in major cities below.

cost of pint beer around the world

cost of pint beer around the world

Edited by soupeod
Tried to get the picture bigger <click on the Link >
  • Like 3
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• TequilaSunset

• cookie47

• Richard K

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seven ounces isn't a small beer...that's a small sip.

Maybe you need to remove from your profile that you live in California...

Posted Images

trthebees

A fun list I know.

But rather pleasing that they've used the satisfying pint measure. How a pint glass drawn from the barrel is more rewarding than a piddling 330 ml bottle.

Of the cheaper end of the list, I'd go for Prague...the Czechs know how to brew. Don't know beers from all the countries even if I wish I did! 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

But...is it cold?

• Like 2
cookie47

I've often wondered why Pint an Imperial measurement has crept back into Australian society.
Even though Australia went metric many years ago different states still have local descriptions for beer sizes,
Midi, Pot, Glass = (usually 7 ounce means a small beer) and if your with a group at a table Jug. All these descriptions have differing quantities.The problem with this is once you travel interstate unless you're familiar with that states terminology you can look a right "Dick" ordering a beer. Now Pint has become very popular and what's caused it ..... I don't know. Anyway as Dafey says, as long as its cold.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

BossHog
29 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

usually 7 ounce means a small beer

Seven ounces isn't a small beer...that's a small sip.

• Like 5

50 or 500 pesos, no big deal, if I want I drink.

• Like 2
Richard K

All of the Heineken in the phils is actually made in Singapore.and you can tell
Becks...if you want to pay is still import and quality .. I have yet to have even one draft beer here in the phils.. in the states there were many places had many domestic , local brewed and imports on tap...
There really is nothing better than a icy mug of lager or ale at the end of a hot working day... I think God blessed us with this

6 minutes ago, Richard K said:

All of the Heineken in the phils is actually made in Singapore

Not by Asia Brewery? Then my friend in Asia Brewery lying for me, he says they making Heineken and Tiger.
I need to tell that he a big liar and joker then.

• Haha 1
Richard K
16 minutes ago, HTM said:

Not by Asia Brewery? Then my friend in Asia Brewery lying for me, he says they making Heineken and Tiger.
I need to tell that he a big liar and joker then.

You have obviously never had any actual Heineken... take a look at the labeling..plain as day if you look... plain as day if you taste and have a clue..
Heineken was and still is made in the Netherlands originally ..exported from there and Germany..(it is actually thought of as a German beer but it isn't)
What your friend is making and being sold is a knockoff
To some beer is beer...first taste of the first pack of Heineken here?.. i knew
By the way.. if you compare Heineken to Tiger... you are truly fecking 
clueless...

10 minutes ago, Richard K said:

clueless...

Dont talk to me this way!
I  included Tiger sins Heineken controlling Tiger, and is a part of the deal whid Asia Brewery.

And BTW I have visit Heineken experience in Amsterdam, and bn to Nederland and drink Heineken lots of times.

• Like 1
Richard K
6 minutes ago, HTM said:

Dont talk to me this way!
I  included Tiger sins Heineken controlling Tiger, and is a part of the deal whid Asia Brewery.

And BTW I have visit Heineken experience in Amsterdam, and bn to Nederland and drink Heineken lots of times.

well you should know then...SEA Heineken is nothing at all like any other... it is the land of knock offs... beer is no exception
My point is.. I can buy Corona... or Becks... or frigging Budweiser (which I would not on a bet)..and they are ALL original and not knock-off brews from a SEA but actually brewed and shipped from the origin
Name might mean something to dumb asses but taste always tells

Contango
59 minutes ago, Richard K said:

You have obviously never had any actual Heineken... take a look at the labeling..plain as day if you look... plain as day if you taste and have a clue..
Heineken was and still is made in the Netherlands originally ..exported from there and Germany..(it is actually thought of as a German beer but it isn't)
What your friend is making and being sold is a knockoff
clueless...

You would be surprised, the last 3 or 4 years almost everything is getting brewed somewhere cheap, the Tiger in the PH is brewed local, in Aust Heineken is brewed in Aust, Stella is brewed in England, i was looking at a carton of Asahi the other day and was shocked to see it was brewed in China! Guinness brewed in Aust..you have to be so careful and lucky to get the real deal now.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Richard K said:

well you should know then...SEA Heineken is nothing at all like any other... it is the land of knock offs... beer is no exception
My point is.. I can buy Corona... or Becks... or frigging Budweiser (which I would not on a bet)..and they are ALL original and not knock-off brews from a SEA but actually brewed and shipped from the origin

Then why not say that instead of attacking me and ad things I never say or meaning!
I only was referring to the deal between Heineken and Asia Brewery, and you react like I kill and rape your family!
You need to relax and think before you reply.

• Like 2
topcat72m
39 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Heineken is brewed under licence in many places. I have drank it in Amsterdam where the more popular beer is Amstel. I have drank it here in Ireland brewed by Heineken Ireland. I have drunk it in Spain brewed in Spain. I have drank it in Toronto and New York. There is very little difference between any of them places. The recipe is the same. 

I'm going to Paris next month and I'll check there just to be sure ;)

There is nothing exclusive about Heineken. It is the Coca-Cola of beer. Better than Bud but IMO but some prefer Bud. 

• Like 2
delancey

Coke is licensed all over the place and you know you are getting a close variation of Coke when you drink it. The Heineken here seems fantastic to me. Licensing and brand consistency is pretty much worked in to the system worldwide. Restaurants are another story because quality control is much harder to maintain. imo

• Like 1