Good Steak House in Cebu?

Headshot
29 minutes ago, billy said:

I was in the US a month ago and had the 16 oz Prime  Rib and my girl friend had a steak It was the best prime rib I ever had. The bill $60.00. For some reason I would never spend 6288 in the Philippines 

$60 US is only about 3000 pesos.

• Like 2
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• savarity

• mikewright

• Headshot

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wife and I had a quick day trip to Manila a few weeks ago.  Tim Hortons for breakfast and we shared 1kg USDA prime porterhouse for two at Wolfgang's. p6288 a bit pricy but the service, ambiance and q

Posted Images

billy
50 minutes ago, Headshot said:

$60 US is only about 3000 pesos.

At outback steak house

mikewright
3 hours ago, billy said:

I was in the US a month ago and had the 16 oz Prime  Rib and my girl friend had a steak It was the best prime rib I ever had. The bill $60.00. For some reason I would never spend 6288 in the Philippines 

6288 pesos is about $150 Australian dollars. Normally I wouldn't spend that on a meal for two people in Australia, unless there was a bottle or two of a reasonable wine included, or it was a special occasion. But as Enuff says, it is the service, ambiance and quality that can make it worth it, and I guess these qualities can bit of a rarity to find. 

I was a bit surprised when I first saw the price of the imported steaks at Circa 1900, around 1500 pesos with minimal accompaniments but yep, the service, ambience and food quality made it, IMO, good value.  More for special occasions though,  not for run-of-the-mill dining out.

• Like 3

Thank you for the info on Circa 1900 everyone. I definitely have that on my list of restaurants to check out. 

• Like 1
savarity
Wife and I had a quick day trip to Manila a few weeks ago. 
Tim Hortons for breakfast and we shared 1kg USDA prime porterhouse for two at Wolfgang's. p6288 a bit pricy but the service, ambiance and quality was worth it. Not to mention world famous creamed spinach to accompany such a succulent medium rare piece of heaven.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I happened to need to come to Manila this week (despite the heavy rain) and am considering Wolfgang's now, due to your post. Wolfgang's or Prime 21, to try for the first time, not sure which yet, along with Elbert's, but that's a old standby.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Enuff
Thanks for the advice. I happened to need to come to Manila this week (despite the heavy rain) and am considering Wolfgang's now, due to your post. Wolfgang's or Prime 21, to try for the first time, not sure which yet, along with Elbert's, but that's a old standby.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If you enjoy some Java, a quickie at Timmy Hos is a must as well

• Like 1
chillman10

Not in Cebu, but the best steak I have found in the Philippines, ground level in Greenbelt 5, maybe too pricey for some. They bring the good stuff around on a cart and you can decide how thick you want it cut, sliced and weighed in front of you then cooked well.

https://www.zomato.com/manila/carmelos-wagyu-steaks-greenbelt-makati-city

• Like 1
Davaoeno

3000 for two people . I believe Enuff paid almost double that somewhere else ?

goggleye

If you are in Manila -  you might try the Wooden Horse steakhouse   Neng and I stayed at the Azumi Boutique Hotel in Muntinlupa - Alabang and tried this place out.  Pretty good by pinoy steak standards.  Azumi Boutique Hotel was pretty nice too with an OK breakfast buffet.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g312690-d5844273-Reviews-Wooden_Horse_Steakhouse-Muntinlupa_Metro_Manila_Luzon.html

• Like 1
Davaoeno
Just now, goggleye said:

Pretty good by pinoy steak standards.

Thanks for the disclaimer !!  It says a lot that you thought it necessary to say that !!! :rofl:

goggleye

I like pinoy food but  yup not up to  US standards for a good steakhouse (? edit to include canadian standards too )

Edited by goggleye
  • Like 1
Davaoeno
6 minutes ago, goggleye said:

I like pinoy food but  yup not up to  US standards for a good steakhouse

talking about food - is that a northern pike [ jackfish]   or a muskie ?

Edited by Davaoeno
goggleye

northern pike   caught in North Dakota   - get out the Y bones and they are good    - I cooked some for Neng already -  Most people here would consider it a good and mild fish   - Neng says "no taste"  I guess she is too used to bangus.  I will have to go catch her a carp  maybe its fishy tasting enough  ?

• Haha 1
Enuff
3000 for two people . I believe Enuff paid almost double that somewhere else ?
8600 all with a couple old fashioneds and glass of wine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
mikewright
On 7/17/2018 at 5:40 AM, badian said:

while you guys are mulling over Cebu city's mediocre, if not totally appalling, restaurants ...

So which restaurant or restaurants in Cebu would you from personal experience recommend?

• Like 1