RogerDat

Good Steak House in Cebu?

RogerDat

Has anybody gone to what used to be Eddies Hotel behind Cebu Doctors Hospital? They used to have wonderful US steaks.

savarity

Do you mean where Beverly hotel is now?

I've spent a lot of time around Cebu Doctor's hospital, but can't picture a hotel with a steak house near the hospital.

For steak, I like Anzani Prime near Crossroads mall.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Headshot

Try the New Orleans Restaurant on the fourth floor of Ayala. They have an excellent tenderloin steak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

GwapoGuy

For local steaks (I would think the OP is talking about beef) Casa Verde.

For imported Aussie beef I recommend Canvas.

Second the recommendation for Anzani but have only been to their original location.

savarity

^ Didn't Canvas close? Or did it just move?

streak03

This steakhouse isn't in Cebu, but its the best steak I've had since I've been in Philippines.  Texas Roadhouse in S'Maison in the MOA complex Manila.

Texas Roadhouse.jpg

• Thanks 3

A_Simple_Man

Thinking outside the box, this place on tripadvisor has great reviews on their wagyu beef.  If you have not tried a wagyu beef steak, it has Aussie, US, and Canadian beef beat 10 ways from Sunday.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowUserReviews-g298460-d2051996-r256279070-Yakiniku_Restaurant-Cebu_City_Cebu_Island_Visayas.html

• Like 1

mikewright
5 hours ago, savarity said:

^ Didn't Canvas close? Or did it just move?

Canvas moved from Ayala to Banilad and then closed. The owners of Canvas have opened a new restaurant, Circa 1900, which gets excellent reviews, but I haven't been there yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

easy44
13 hours ago, savarity said:

I've spent a lot of time around Cebu Doctor's hospital, but can't picture a hotel with a steak house near the hospital.

Eddies Hotel is (or was, dont know if they’re still open) located on the side street going up from Mango, next to the INC church.  Nowhere near Doctors Hospital.

jtmwatchbiz
5 minutes ago, easy44 said:

Eddies Hotel is (or was, dont know if they’re still open) located on the side street going up from Mango, next to the INC church.  Nowhere near Doctors Hospital.

yes it is and still open and called the beverly hotel.  i believe beverly is eddie's daughter.   not sure about the steak situation but the restaurant is still up and running. 

samatm

best steak I've had  in CEBU  was at  Moritz hotel and very reasonable priced.  the 70s 80s steakhouse  decor was cool too.   US Rib eye medium rare was done to perfection.    

RogerDat
On 5/28/2018 at 7:19 AM, savarity said:

That is the one. Only seats at bar as was full of Japanese tourist last time there.

rep1
On 5/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, Headshot said:

Try the New Orleans Restaurant on the fourth floor of Ayala. They have an excellent tenderloin steak.

why they always recommend other steaks when I want to order the tenderloin steak?

They told me it's not American.

Headshot
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

why they always recommend other steaks when I want to order the tenderloin steak?

They told me it's not American.

No idea, but get the tenderloin steak, and it should be cooked either medium rare or medium. Any more cooked than that, and you dry out the meat.

• Thanks 1

Headshot
On 5/28/2018 at 12:29 PM, A_Simple_Man said:

Thinking outside the box, this place on tripadvisor has great reviews on their wagyu beef.  If you have not tried a wagyu beef steak, it has Aussie, US, and Canadian beef beat 10 ways from Sunday.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowUserReviews-g298460-d2051996-r256279070-Yakiniku_Restaurant-Cebu_City_Cebu_Island_Visayas.html

You can get Wagyu beef at Grillers at the top of AS Fortuna. They also have a selection of other steaks.

20180202_111444.thumb.jpg.31ad243aab4a173cf90c25797674b4f1.jpg

20180202_112304.thumb.jpg.ee79cebb65a8de6b20c4444c8b445625.jpg

Edited by Headshot