Sign in to follow this  
trthebees

Restaurant Serving Goat in Talisay

trthebees
On 5/24/2018 at 3:19 PM, badian said:

where is this this kamding goat restaurant in Talisay. I'd pay a special visit to that. There are a lot of them in Mindanao. The menus are never totally 100% goat. They can't be 100% goat because in the restaurant business, couples and especially families are the most important part of the business, and in a group of 10, there is always 1 or 2 or 3 of them that don't like goat. So even if you are running a goat-type restaurant, you have to be ready to feed some of the people, something else. 

It's on the srp road, heading towards Talisay it's on the right about a mile or two before the Talisay lights. A quite large sort-off open air place. Don't know if it's open eve, and lunchtime better not too late as it's local style prepared food and choices reduce a bit by say 2pm. Think it;s actually called Kandingan.

• Like 1

badian

Bisaya word for goat is Kamding. In Mindanao there was like this chain of them i saw them in CDO and Iligan too. There was a big picture of a goat's head outside, and they had these massive displays on the walls with more big pictures of goats, highlighting parts of their anatomy like their hearts and livers and so on, saying how nutritious and not so fattening, goat is supposed to be, and how much better it was for you in all sorts of ways than garbage chicken and beef is who's meats are totally overrated, compared to trusty, plucky old goat. It was really charming marketing. They even sold live animals, by arrangement. The food was good but that was because it was just presented well and good menu. I used to go in there often but even I, who like goat, would not want to eat goat at every meal. Even the food there that wasn't goat, was good. 

• Like 1

fivestarph

I know of a farm that breeds goats especially for cooking. I am not sure if they supply to restaurants but we purchase once in a while to cook our own curries, stews.