My GF pointed out these guys (apparently her brother is about to go with them) - https://www.solarphilippines.ph/solar-panel-home/

I can't vouch for them/recommend them - but I do see they have a table at the bottom of that page that attempts to let you determine what system you'd require (based on your current power bill) and cash price and payment term  options.

Looking at their prices (whilst they say they use a German inverter in their premium package) - they seem to be roughly priced at what I paid in Australia quite a few years back .... I would have expected prices to have dropped since then. It is possibly useful comparison data regardless.

You can be assured of one thing - the price of coal-based generated power is never going to decrease.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, GBT62 said:

My GF pointed out these guys (apparently her brother is about to go with them)https://www.solarphilippines.ph/solar-panel-home/

I can't vouch for them/recommend them

Very cool website and good calculator to figure long term savings.

If anything goes wrong, I'm still blaming you! ?

• Like 1
cookie47
Very cool website and good calculator to figure long term savings.
If anything goes wrong, I'm still blaming you! 
Yes agree, good laid out website that gives a good picture of future savings.
My only problem is that am i going to be here (on this earth) in 25 years.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Woolf

I will try to find out how much they pay, I guess it is about the same as what they pay the main electricity generating plants

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/165575/

Veco urges solar users to enroll in program

Woolf

Found how much they pay

VECO can help with investment

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/56593/six-veco-customers-avail-of-net-metering

Six Veco customers avail of net-metering

May 13,2015

Installing solar panels in houses or commercial centers is part of Visayan Electric Co.’s net metering scheme.
(CDN File Photo)
Six residential customers of the Visayan Electric Co., Inc. (Veco) have availed of the “sexy business” or the net-metering scheme that the utility introduced last year.

Net-metering allows house owners and commercial establishments to install solar photovoltaic panels and partly satisfy their electricity demand. The excess power that they generate is delivered to the utility and used to offset the customer’s electricity consumption.

Veco chief operating officer Sebastian R. Lacson said their net-metering customers are mostly in the upscale communities. Commercial establishments are set to avail of net metering soon, he added.

“These are those who can afford an investment of P150,000 per one-kilowatt panel system,” he said.

The utility is offering a seven-year financing scheme for the installation of solar panels. For P150,000, Veco will install four solar panels that will generate a kilowatt of electricity. The panels occupy only eight square meters and are not heavy.

“The monthly amortization is P2,000 with a five percent downpayment or P7,500,” he said.

Solar power is transmitted to an inverter, where the direct current is converted to alternating current.

“The system will have to be integrated to the grid for Veco to buy the extra generated energy at P5.6 per kilowatt hour,” he said.

Lacson said the rate of solar panels is expected to lower, making it more affordable.

“In the last five years, the rate of solar panels has been going down and we expect that trend to continue. Now is the best time for people to start investing and producing their own power and soon sell power back to the grid,” he said.

The return-on-investment (ROI) was calculated at a high 12.3 percent within seven to eight years, he said in an earlier briefing. Solar panels have a lifespan of over ten years.

“We can install net-metering systems that can generate up to 100 killowatts,” he said.

The net-metering scheme is the first non-fiscal incentive mechanism under the Renewable Energy (RE) Act of 2008.

• Like 1
cookie47

Sorry folks but net metering don't work.
Yes technically its does, but not in practice.

The customers that early uptake do benefit but once the electricity retailers realize how much they are losing they just keep reducing the rebate.

Electricity retailers are not a charity an are not remotely interested in YOU accualy saving money. If privately owned they are only interested in there shareholders.

As GBT62 has said, been tried in Australia, don't work.

I love the concept of solar if your comply off grid, but reducing your bill OVER THE LONGER PERIOD, is a pipe dream.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Woolf
8 hours ago, bkb1 said:

Figure out how much power you will need then take a look at the link below, and you will get a good idea of the cost and type of system you want...

https://optimusenergy.ph/

Information about the Sunny Boy inverter, there are 2 videos one about installing and one about configuration

Check here:

https://www.sma.de/en/products/solarinverters/sunny-boy-15-25.html

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1
Woolf
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Solar panels used by Optimus

They also selling Flux Capacitor for only 25k hehe

Description
Flux Capacitor – DeLorean Retrofit.

Retrofit your DeLorean today to enable time travel with this high-quality Flux Capacitor.

In order to travel through time, the vehicle integrated with the flux capacitor needs to be travelling at 88 mph (140.8 km/h) and requires 1.21 gigawatts of power (1,210,000,000 watts), supplied by a plutonium-powered nuclear reactor.

If plutonium is not available a lightning rod can be used.

https://optimusenergy.ph/product/flux-capacitor/

• Haha 1
bkb1
20 hours ago, fred42 said:

Thanks..Always good to bookmark more local solar companies..
I really need a hybrid system that runs an inverter 1 HP A/C and refrigerator during the day and only fans,lights,TV,PC after the sun goes down..(during brownouts only)
Still no accurate info on how much our power company pay me for sending them excess power via grid tie inverter.. Once I know that,it will be easier to work out how the it will take for the system to pay me back.

The power company will pay you a lessor rate then you pay them for power. You will have to deal with the power co. bureaucracy and you can guess how that will go , inspections, permits and many wasted trips to the power co. When we got our house and just wanted to transfer the power into our name, the wife had to pay to attend a mickey mouse seminar and wait 6 months before the bill was in our name and not the previous owners name.

In the future we will be going with something like this.  

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/1000w-on-grid-inverter-mppt-pure-sine-wave-dc108-30v-to-ac230v-solar-power-inverter-for-12v-pv-panel-intl-i108482097-s110001432.html?spm=a2o4l.my_wishlist.price_observing.6.87323e17PMzSkg&mp=3

A simple do it yourself install. Connect the solar panels  to the inverter then plug the inverter into an ac outlet in the house. our intention is to only supply power for the aircon and fridge so our bill is lower. We intend to use all the power generated by the solar inverter in the daytime. This system will shut down and not generate anything if there is a brownout but thats ok we have a small generator for times like that.

It may not be a system for you but it works for me. It subscribes to the K.I.S.S. protocol and I think that is the way to go in the Philippines. 

• Like 3
SkyMan
On 5/24/2018 at 9:00 PM, fred42 said:

Still no accurate info on how much our power company pay me for sending them excess power via grid tie inverter.. Once I know that,it will be easier to work out how the it will take for the system to pay me back.

Here's the way I understand it to work from VECO.  To do a grid tied system there is a lot of red tape to get through including engineering plans etc.  I'm told permission runs p10-15K.  There is some extra equipment to install including a second meter to record what you produce. 

Additionally, the law requiring ECos to pay for produced E is poorly written (who would guess that) and probably written with the 'help' of ECos.  On VECO's site they espouse their solar buyback but it's a sham.  As I understand it, you are hooked to the grid through a meter as is everyone.  You're solar is hooked to the grid through a second meter.  You pay p11 for what you use and they pay p5.5 for what you produce but that is limited to less than the amount you use.  And if you produce more than that, you get credits.  So as I understand it you cannot reduce your bill to zero or actually get paid although they say you can.

I am going to research to verify this but if that is correct I will go off grid, only using VECO as a backup.

• Like 3