Martial Arts

Soupeod

hyaku

Me and half my students from San Carlos University.

sancar.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cookie47

• lamoe

• Travis

• Jack Rat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a black belt and have never encountered a problem. Come to think of it I have brown belt too. I use to have a maroon belt but I lost it somewhere. If anyone found a strange maroon belt unde

But what if someone's belt or pants are too tight and they can't readily reach into their sock...

Riding a Jeepney or walking in Colon is no rieskier than doing such things anywhere else in the world. 98% of mankind is nice and friendly - the 2% stupids you meet everywhere.

Posted Images

newtocebu

Ive never lost a fight

.. by less than 100 metres

• Like 1
Travis
Just now, newtocebu said:

Ive never lost a fight

.. by less than 100 metres

That is also the best knife defense.  Freaking runnnnn

• Like 2
hyaku

I could look after myself well before I did it and got in trouble for gang fights. It's not why they do it in Japan. But when I chose people to join my dojo they were the best natural fighters that being watched since they practiced at elementary school.

In Japan they teach kata (shape/form). Classical old killing techniques called waza. Kata can be done as breakdown of waza. We do demonstrations. The "Samurai" class have long gone and they handed things down to the general pubic.

If I had problems with someone?  I would find out where he lived and wait for him in the dark with a piece of 2x2. My founder had a habit of running into dark alleyways pretending he was frightened, then take them out. So I guess you could link the two. 

• Like 1
Enuff

I have a black belt and have never encountered a problem.

Come to think of it I have brown belt too.

I use to have a maroon belt but I lost it somewhere.

If anyone found a strange maroon belt under your bed, please PM me.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
cookie47

What a great post even though i know nothing about self defence i found it most interesting.
I ponder this question and look for advise. We will arrive in Cebu in June on a permanent basis having visited for thirty years.
I'm, 70 and very much in the background in a "heated" situation.I WILL WALK AWAY. However I'm thinking for the first time about pepper spray. My wife 65 is not happy about the choice.

I have a very close friend who is a police officer in Australia. 30 year veteran.He says at Pistol training he talks about the issues of "freezing" when confronted with a first time life threatening event, particularly if the trainee has never been involved in Firearms.
I know its a difficult question but could that happen to me and any advise.....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

JamesMusslewhite

A little comedy for the keyboard ninjas..

The reality is that 30 years of dedicated study in a given art form can be easily thwarted by a hot-head with only a single trip to a gun range. And remember to quickly pull the weapon, gain sight alignment and site picture and then pull the trigger without hesitation; and if proficient with your sidearm then primary aim at either their head or nutts as there is never protective body-armor there. Always maintain the 'double-tap' rule.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
hyaku
28 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

What a great post even though i know nothing about self defence i found it most interesting.
I ponder this question and look for advise. We will arrive in Cebu in June on a permanent basis having visited for thirty years.
I'm, 70 and very much in the background in a "heated" situation.I WILL WALK AWAY. However I'm thinking for the first time about pepper spray. My wife 65 is not happy about the choice.

I have a very close friend who is a police officer in Australia. 30 year veteran.He says at Pistol training he talks about the issues of "freezing" when confronted with a first time life threatening event, particularly if the trainee has never been involved in Firearms.
I know its a difficult question but could that happen to me and any advise.....

Main thing is to try and avoid what are considered to be bad areas. The most they do up here is go to the churches and play bingo.  My neighbor. the new barangay kapitan just retired as police chief.

• Like 3
cookie47
Main thing is to try and avoid what are considered to be bad areas. The most they do up here is go to the churches and play bingo.  My neighbor. the new barangay kapitan just retired as police chief.
Yes, exactly. My wife was born in Northern Cebu but lived in Banilad for her Uni and work years.
NEVER Once she had a problem.
Carbon Market every day for food.
However when she arrived in Australia and started to work she suffered two armed robberies at her sisters Post office (both knife) and a bag snatch in a Supermarket.What can i say.. Also Despite being in our senior years Bingo and and the like is not on the horizon. Thanks for the reply..

Flakes
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

I have a black belt and have never encountered a problem.

Come to think of it I have brown belt too.

I use to have a maroon belt but I lost it somewhere.

If anyone found a strange maroon belt under your bed, please PM me.

That’s amazing recently Davaouno told me that he found a strange maroon belt under his bed?  Can u explain us what ur belt was doing there?

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz
3 hours ago, hyaku said:

Me and half my students from San Carlos University.

are you the one with the pony tail?  :biggrin_01:

hyaku
3 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

are you the one with the pony tail?  :biggrin_01:

No the guy with the shaven head between the lights:mellow:

A_Simple_Man

Those who think a gun will beat a martial artist need to watch this video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Enuff
Those who think a gun will beat a martial artist need to watch this video.

Yes, and don't show up with a sword expecting to beat a bull whip.

• Haha 1
fred42

We have the Karate legend Mike stone living and still training just up the road from us here in Bohol!!

b45fdb90468b83c4925b860e1d6fcc5c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1