Sign in to follow this  
fivestarph

Rear Ended

fivestarph

Many thanks for those who contributed positively. I think Paddy hit the nail on the head.

Fortunately the vehicle is registered to a Filipino and she was alone in the car at the time....

• Like 1

smokey

I carry od insurance 5.000 peso det. Let the insurance figure it out

musicman666
15 hours ago, lamoe said:

This never happens here or making a left hand turn from center or even right hand (3 rd) lane.

h

Such an amateur....he should have exited the car and fallen into the road in a fetal position crying my back oh my back ...I will never work again! 

colemanlee

Wife and BIL were rear ended by a bike a year or so ago...all it did is scuff the bumper but the wife made the guy pay to have it buffed out right then, no problem....now if I had been in the car it might have been a different story..

• Like 1

Malibu

Learned from others, I now have 1 front facing camera, as well as 1 rear view camera. And 3rd party insurance 100.000p.

smokey

I was rear ended once in oregon young girl tells cop she bought a meatball sandwhich at subway and one meatball fell on her (Nordstrom 200 dollar pants so she was trying to stop the stain from setting and I FOR SOME REASON STOPPED IN FRONT OF HER so its a little my fault and for sure subways

• Haha 2

A_Simple_Man
On 5/15/2018 at 7:52 PM, fivestarph said:

Citom is implying my Filipina friend was liable which I find strange since in most countries if you are rear ended the vehicle hitting your rear is liable?

One event I commonly see here is filipinas who do not look over their shoulder when passing.  It causes a lot of near misses when they fail to see that the person behind them is already in the act of overtaking.  In the event it causes someone to hit them we have to leave it to the judge as to who is at fault.

When it comes to paying for a traffic accident it is probably a good thing to deny fault, at least until the judge works it out or unless it is cheaper to pay than hire a lawyer.  Keep in mind that bystanders who may not even know how to drive can be called as witnesses to say who they thought was at fault.  Also, remember that Citom guy may be a witness for the other side.  Does the cheap but mandatory 3rd party insurance payout in a case like this?

Jack Rat
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

One event I commonly see here is filipinas who do not look over their shoulder when passing.  It causes a lot of near misses when they fail to see that the person behind them is already in the act of overtaking.  In the event it causes someone to hit them we have to leave it to the judge as to who is at fault.

When it comes to paying for a traffic accident it is probably a good thing to deny fault, at least until the judge works it out or unless it is cheaper to pay than hire a lawyer.  Keep in mind that bystanders who may not even know how to drive can be called as witnesses to say who they thought was at fault.  Also, remember that Citom guy may be a witness for the other side.  Does the cheap but mandatory 3rd party insurance payout in a case like this?

That is precisely why I have a mirror and rear cam on my vehicles..and never admit you were in the wrong..Many drivers don't indicate when changing lanes, a lengthy blast of the horn works wonders!!!

fivestarph

In my friend's case, CITOM held both drivers licenses. Told them to reach an agreement and return with the notarized agreement for the return of their licenses.

The compulsory 3rd party insurance only covers bodily injury to the 3rd party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, fivestarph said:

In my friend's case, CITOM held both drivers licenses. Told them to reach an agreement and return with the notarized agreement for the return of their licenses.

The compulsory 3rd party insurance only covers bodily injury to the 3rd party

This is very interesting.  I wonder what they would do if the only drivers license is a photocopied bit of paper that says to come back in August to get the plastic copy.  Hmmm.

I also see the need for the other driver to prove he is the injured "3rd party" so that he can get the insurance money.

How much time will it take to reach a notarized agreement and are both parties forbidden from driving while the license is being held?

• Like 1

Jack Rat
24 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

This is very interesting.  I wonder what they would do if the only drivers license is a photocopied bit of paper that says to come back in August to get the plastic copy.  Hmmm.

I also see the need for the other driver to prove he is the injured "3rd party" so that he can get the insurance money.

How much time will it take to reach a notarized agreement and are both parties forbidden from driving while the license is being held?

A photo copied current drivers license is accepted..