Increasing ATM limits et al

poby

I recently discovered it is possible at Metrobank at least to increase the ATM daily withdrawal limit.  Previously it was 30k but with a tick of a box and a few signatures here and there, I increased mine to 100k.  I haven't actually tested the full 100k yet but did take out 50k from an atm (5 x 10k).  Thought I would mention this in case it is useful to others.

On the subject of banking... a few years ago I sent Mrs to the bank to take out 40k and the server seriously and suspiciously asked her if her husband knew what she was doing!  Now this is a JOINT account in both our names and legally she is perfectly entitled to drain the entire balance with or without her "husband"'s permission.  She felt embarrassed to be asked and I was gobsmacked on hearing of it.  I know we aint in Kansas anymore Dorothy but still you tend to expect some degree of professionalism from a banking establishment.  I told her if ever this happens again to demand to speak to his supervisor and make a formal complaint.

• Like 1
Jawny
17 minutes ago, poby said:

On the subject of banking... a few years ago I sent Mrs to the bank to take out 40k and the server seriously and suspiciously asked her if her husband knew what she was doing!  Now this is a JOINT account in both our names and legally she is perfectly entitled to drain the entire balance with or without her "husband"'s permission.  She felt embarrassed to be asked and I was gobsmacked on hearing of it.  I know we aint in Kansas anymore Dorothy but still you tend to expect some degree of professionalism from a banking establishment.  I told her if ever this happens again to demand to speak to his supervisor and make a formal complaint.

My wife experiences similar sorts of enqueries. Not just at banks, but anywhere that she is known to be associated with a foreigner. It is more than just unprofessional and invading privacy. It can be quite insulting when the queries stray into sexual or relationship matters. 

She has found ways to dodge the questions, and this leads to the manner in which we bank.  

I haven’t stepped into the branch we use for several years. Just every once in awhile to sit for a couple of minutes and chat with the assistant manager who sends children to the same school as ours.  He’s quite professional, but this is a bank where we can call and get our balance over the phone. That is the Filipino idea of professional banking. This is done without answering any security questions. 

The result of accepting the nosy questions (and avoiding answers or making up new ones each time) is that I never have to step into the bank when she takes my withdrawal slip from my account (NOT joint) and gets our monthly budget of cash. I wait in the car.  They just accept the withdrawal not knowing whether I am with her or six feet under 

RogerDat

I think a live teller and an ATM are mixed in this post.

Anyway, i ask a few months ago if I became sick, could my wife get money from my account, yes, if she has signed withdrawal slip. Metrobank. she also paid my credit card same way, really came in handy with the HA thing.