Sign in to follow this  
fred42

Foreign looking blogger following MMDA

fred42

I had this young guy on "follow" because of his reviews on local gadgets and solar panels,inverters etc on Youtube.
Seems now his view counts have exploded since his following of the new clear up operations held by the MMDA there in Manila.
Seems he is already receiving text threats. 
He has also been receiving massive support on his FB page by 1000,s Filipino`s that follow his video reports.
Not sure of his status here or if he has Filipino blood line etc but I reckon he needs to be concerned about his personal safety..
Legally,I`m also not sure where he stands.. I guess if any member of the public tell him to stop filming them without permission,he had better STOP as it could constitute a criminal offense here.
I wish him luck as his content is interesting and informative.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GBT62

I watched a few of his last week. It gets a little repetitive after a few, but interesting to see that Manila seems to be having a crackdown lasting more than a day. Pretty widespread in terms of geography and offences too.  Most common excuse for no helmet or wrong footwear seems to be "In a hurry - going to hospital/doctor". 

I saw one interesting one where they caught a guy trying to steal his impounded moped back off the impound/tow truck :D

Yeah I think he is part Filipino - seems to have an almost English accent. He seems to hint he is doing this with consent/assistance of the MMDA at times. Have heard him say "WE" a few times when covering what they are doing - so hard to tell. I have heard some offenders asking him not to film - or ask why he was.

• Like 2

Monsoon

Seems no one is concerned with his recording. IN fact, MMDA gave him interviews and a jacket to wear as their "guest". 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 2

GBT62

Yeah, given the regularity of his posts(once or twice daily) I surmise he is being given a heads-up where they are going to be each day.  

If his numbers of views and subscriber numbers are growing a lot since he changed from gadgets to traffic infringement - it would seem MMDA is better for Youtube business. The new reality TV.

I wouldn't object to seeing the same happening in Cebu  - reclaim a few sidewalks.... 

• Like 2

M.C.A.

I followed this guy for couple years he's extremely intelligent with electronics but... Lol, not too smart with his new endeavors and some of his other video's he brings out problems he encounters in his travels so he seems to be wharfing in a dangerous area.

I had no idea the Gadget Addict is of Philippino heritage? 

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 1