Sign in to follow this  
HTM

Can a Foreigner in the Philippines be an SSS Member?

HTM

Yes, if he or she is a permanent resident of the Philippines, or if he or she is a foreign employee working legally in the Philippines.

He or she must also comply with registration requirements for membership as Employed, Self-Employed or Non-Working Spouse.

Source:  Citizen's Charter of the Social Security System
1st Edition, December 2009

"Social security protection shall be provided to all residents of the
Philippines, citizens and non-citizens alike, regardless of creed, gender, age,
geographic location and economic status, especially the disadvantaged, so that
no one will become a burden to society."

Requirements for Registration:

Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)

Bring other related documents, whatever is applicable to your residence or immigration status, in case additional papers are required:
-- ACR I-CARD
-- Passport
-- Immigrant Certificate of Residence (ICR)
-- Board of Commissioner's (BOC) Order
-- Official Receipt of fees paid to the Bureau of Immigration

Note:  Bring xerox copies of documents

Photocopy of Passport includes biodata page, visa page, and latest arrival stamp

• Like 2

oztony

Without throwing this sideways ....I would like to see senior citizen status added to peoples ACR card , just a courtesy to older people that have to stand and wait , when Filipino's come to my country they are afforded all the same rights as a natural born citizen ...admittedly this does not apply to tourist visa visitors.

But if visitors were of senior citizen age they would still be afforded that privilege in respect to lines etc...

Sorry , I just had to edit this to add  the last sentence.

Edited by oztony
  • Like 5

HTM

It's also important that your wife/GF have and pay the SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG.

• Like 1

Jawny

I’m not sure I’m following the point of the thread.  Being eligible as a foreigner is great, but doesn’t the foreigner have to be working for an employer (or self employed) and paying into the SSS program for some specified period?

That is, to get the benefits, the foreigner has to have been participating in the program.   

mikewright

The article also seems to suggest that this social security protection is for persons "especially disadvantaged". How does that work in practice?

HTM
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

I’m not sure I’m following the point of the thread.  Being eligible as a foreigner is great, but doesn’t the foreigner have to be working for an employer (or self employed) and paying into the SSS program for some specified period?

That is, to get the benefits, the foreigner has to have been participating in the program.   

Yes, he needs to pay into SSS, he can as a voluntary. To get full benefits when he 60 he needs to have paid in for 10 years.  Meaning he needs to start as max 50 years old. Remember its lot of foreigner her less than 50.