Sign in to follow this  
liquido

New Coin or Been Around

RogerDat

I read of shipping containers of P5 coins being seized by customs, being sent OOC for melting  down.

• Like 1

Enuff

Now you have inspect each coin. Today I had a new p10 coin. Same everything as the new p5 coin. Darn similar to the p1. Jeepney driver was none to happy when I unloaded it on him. I would imagine most drivers toss the coins based on size and color, they will now need to inspect every fare.939d8932789bc02bc665bfcd82d25f3f.jpg

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Kreole
On 5/6/2018 at 3:25 PM, Richard K said:

I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea...

I had the same reaction; actually a much more critical reaction.  If there is an example of incompetence that is easily visible to everyone, it has to be creation of a 5p coin that looks, almost exactly like the existing 1p coin.  I wonder who is the moron who came up with this idea?  And further the long list of morons who went along with this unnecessary change which will sow confusion and delay for as long as it is allowed to circulate.  

Imagine the time and frustration trying to sort your coins for paying for items or services which require a quick handover.  Making mistakes has just been made that much easier.  I really do wonder if there has been any critical discussion among Filipinos as to this fiasco, or is this just another example of Filipino pride?  And last, who stood to gain from this?  Certainly not the public or the banks and other small change users.

Flakes
23 minutes ago, Kreole said:

I had the same reaction; actually a much more critical reaction.  If there is an example of incompetence that is easily visible to everyone, it has to be creation of a 5p coin that looks, almost exactly like the existing 1p coin.  I wonder who is the moron who came up with this idea?  And further the long list of morons who went along with this unnecessary change which will sow confusion and delay for as long as it is allowed to circulate.  

Imagine the time and frustration trying to sort your coins for paying for items or services which require a quick handover.  Making mistakes has just been made that much easier.  I really do wonder if there has been any critical discussion among Filipinos as to this fiasco, or is this just another example of Filipino pride?  And last, who stood to gain from this?  Certainly not the public or the banks and other small change users.

I assume they had just one criteria namely: the new 5 pesos coin needs to cost less to produce then the current 5 pesos coin in order to maximize profits.

So mission accomplished.

We should not let things bother us easily we can learn this attitude from the locals.  

Edited by Flakes
  • Like 2

profits101

how about get rid of the centavos and take the savings from those metals and put it into the p.05? I've tried taking various centavos in bulk to buy something and just get plain turned down... the best thing I can do is give them kids at the gate...

TequilaSunset
how about get rid of the centavos and take the savings from those metals and put it into the p.05? I've tried taking various centavos in bulk to buy something and just get plain turned down... the best thing I can do is give them kids at the gate...
I gave the one centavos to my GF
Under the guise it's good jeepney fare! :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dafey
8 hours ago, profits101 said:

how about get rid of the centavos

Since moving to the Province I haven't seen a centavos! they can't be bothered with them here. round up or down.

Kreole
13 hours ago, Flakes said:

I assume they had just one criteria namely: the new 5 pesos coin needs to cost less to produce then the current 5 pesos coin in order to maximize profits.

So mission accomplished.

We should not let things bother us easily we can learn this attitude from the locals.  

It was the local vendors at the market who were complaining as they dumped a bunch of new coins in my hand.  I told him I did not want a bunch of peso coins when he said  that he didn't either, and then pointed out that these were the new 5 p coins.

Flakes
15 minutes ago, Kreole said:

It was the local vendors at the market who were complaining as they dumped a bunch of new coins in my hand.  I told him I did not want a bunch of peso coins when he said  that he didn't either, and then pointed out that these were the new 5 p coins.

Yes they smart they move the problem from their hands into ur hands.?

savarity

Im not fond of the new 5 either.

The 5 has a smooth edge, the 10 has serrations, cuts, whatever it's called. I believe the 1 does too. Might be one way to feel the difference.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Semper paratus
5 hours ago, savarity said:

Im not fond of the new 5 either.

The 5 has a smooth edge, the 10 has serrations, cuts, whatever it's called. I believe the 1 does too. Might be one way to feel the difference.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

And who has time to "feel"every coin to determine what it is ? And after they are worn down from use, then what ?

Enuff

And who has time to "feel"every coin to determine what it is ?

Helen Keller

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2