Sign in to follow this  
liquido

New Coin or Been Around

liquido

Anyone notice the new 5p coin or its me as always slow to discover? Its kind of deceiving being all nickel color and about the same size as the 1p coin...No telling how many I gave away thinking there 1p...Why they made it like the 1p coin who knows..no way to tell at night...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Enuff
Anyone notice the new 5p coin or its me as always slow to discover? Its kind of deceiving being all nickel color and about the same size as the 1p coin...No telling how many I gave away thinking there 1p...Why they made it like the 1p coin who knows..no way to tell at night...
I believe they been out a while now.

I too think they are too similar to the p1 coin. I get rid of them when I notice I have them. Jeepney drivers HATE them.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Richard K

I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea...

• Like 1

Woolf

new 5 p coin

5 p coin.png

• Like 1

Janneo

Why do they bother with new 1,5 and 25 centavo coins? 

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Everyone dislikes that 5 peso coin, especially people who now have to put their glasses on to see if they have a 1 or 5 peso coin in their hand.

Why did they make them like that?  You could say it is because they were being dumb asses or you could read the "official reason" here:

MANILA, Philippines – In light of an appeal to stop the circulation of the new P5 coin, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) defended the need to change its design, saying it will discourage acts of illegal extraction and lead to cost-efficient production procedures.

"The need to enhance the security features of our coins using the latest technology in minting given counterfeiting; the need to change our coins' metallic composition to discourage acts of illegal extraction of their metal content; and the need to adapt more cost-efficient production processes, provide rationale for the change," the central bank said in a statement on Thursday, December 28.

The central bank issued the statement after Senator Nancy Binay appealed to stop issuing the new P5 coin, as it allegedly causes confusion in terms of size and color when compared with the P1 coin.

Meanwhile, BSP said it acknowledges observations that the new P5 coin released this December has similarities with the existing P1 coin

Flakes

Very bad design.

even the 100 and 1000 pesos notes have similarities while there are somany colors to choose also 20 and 50 pesos are close in colors...why ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rizla

Surprised so many here are making mistakes, seeing as so many are from the USA where the paper money all looks the same to foreigners lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

lamoe
2 hours ago, rizla said:

Surprised so many here are making mistakes, seeing as so many are from the USA where the paper money all looks the same to foreigners lol

Not be aware of the fiasco of the Susan B Anthony metal dollar are you?

You learn at an early age to subconsciously identify  the denomination without thinking about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Semper paratus
5 hours ago, Janneo said:

Why do they bother with new 1,5 and 25 centavo coins? 

It cost more to produce the coins than they are worth. But you can bet someone is making money doing this and it isn't the average person.

• Like 3

rizla
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Not be aware of the fiasco of the Susan B Anthony metal dollar are you?

You learn at an early age to subconsciously identify  the denomination without thinking about it.

Yes I remember when I lived there after making a couple f costly mistakes I soon learnt to look at the pictures rather than the colour, being British, I was brought up with different sizes/colour notes, and when they change it still resembles the original.

• Like 1

lamoe

I haven't had that problem so far with the 1  vs 5

I give Tata everything below 50 - she handles the jeepny fares but I can see the drivers really hating to take their eyes of the road (any more than they do now :cool:)

Dafey

It's funny, when I have made the mistake and handed a five out for a one the cashier quickly returns it and shows me! Of course...thats the mistakes I know about :unsure:

• Like 1

Buko Beach

The extremely talented artist who created these coins...

Oy vey...  lovely work

peso-032618.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1