Sign in to follow this  
HTM

My ceiling fan recommendation

HTM

I bought my ceiling fan in January 2010, a 16 "CF-622.
That time I paid +- 2700 for it.
Mounted it in the living room, since that day it has been on at least 12 hours a day.
This year there was a problem with the mechanism that turns the fan around the room, but the fan still works well, but only strait down.
That's why I mounted it over my bed and bought a new for the living room, also a CF-622.
I bought 2 extra for the other bedrooms as well. Now they cost 3500.
So this is a fan I recommend, I also think it was my fault that the mechanism was broken, I never greased it.

ASAHI, CF-622 Ceiling Fan
+- ₱3,500.00
    16” (405mm) fan blade
    Motor : 65W
    3 speed
    Fan speed :1,465 RPM
    Wall mounted rotary switch box
    360o oscillation
    With thermal fuse
    With sealed bearing type motor

cf-622.png

• Like 2

lamoe
7 hours ago, HTM said:

I
So this is a fan I recommend, I also think it was my fault that the mechanism was broken, I never greased it.

7 / 8  years at 50% duty cycle is actually good for modern rotary fans (plastic gears in most residential ones) - lucubrated for life?

Here are local service centers  - probably 2 to 3 gears needed

Call first they may not even repair them -

Smart pocket WiFi - needed new battery - Smart SM "sorry sir we don't sell then"

https://asahiappliances.com/shop/visayas

CEBU CITY

TREFAIR CENTER
T. PADILLA COR. McARTHUR STS.
N. R. A.,  CEBU CITY
TEL# 032-2338151/ 2338153

CEBU NORTH – DANAO

G L 2   ELECTRONICS
JUAN LUNA STREET, DANAO CITY
TEL# 0933-6199933

CEBU SOUTH – PARDO

ESCALANTE REWINDING SERVICES
TABURA STREET, POB. PARDO
TEL# 032-4124676/ 0921-2966704

CEBU – BOGO CITY

MILLENNIUM APPLIANCES & COOLING SERVICES
P. RODRIGUEZ ST., COGON 
BOGO CITY, CEBU
TEL#032-4348523 / 09224898203

shadow
22 minutes ago, lamoe said:

lucubrated for life?

Definitely a LinC sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

lamoe
1 minute ago, shadow said:

Definitely a LinC sentence.

Also for an old industrial designer :evan::biggrin_01:

How about SFNW (slip fit / no wiggle)?

That was a real term used on design drawings for one-off non-production assemblies where the tool and die maker was making both parts.

shadow
4 minutes ago, lamoe said:

(slip fit / no wiggle)?

As long as it is lucubrated well!

lamoe
15 minutes ago, shadow said:

As long as it is lucubrated well!

I did try looking for replacement parts for the  ASAHI brand fans  - I have several - no go.

I just bought a Union 16" floor - 60 W fan at Ace in J Mall - 950 P if you have an Ace rewards card (100 P to get one)

Also on sale  18" - 65 W -  buy 1 get 1 at 2,500 P

I mostly encountered self-lubricating ones. For the others I used a self-lubricated plastic sheathing.

Delrin.

Edited by lamoe

HTM
9 hours ago, lamoe said:

7 / 8  years at 50% duty cycle is actually good for modern rotary fans (plastic gears in most residential ones) - lucubrated for life?

Here are local service centers  - probably 2 to 3 gears needed

Call first they may not even repair them -

No, the pat it's metal to metal, the screw fixture is completely worn and the arm too.
But it works fine as a fan that just blows right down, completely fine over my bed

cf-622.jpg

• Thanks 1

Kabisay-an gid

Large room , 52" Westinghouse  (about P5000 on Lazada)

wesinghouse_52__5c52bkd_comet_ceiling_fa

Small room, 30" Westinghouse  (about P3300 on Lazada)

Westinghouse-Ceiling-Fan-WH-6T30WHD-004.

Edited by Kabisay-an gid

GBT62

One of my cheap pedestals started squeaking a lot on oscillation mode about Christmas time - then stopped oscillating. Naturally I had to open it up instead of tossing it , despite the price.

The light duty movement mechanism sure was weak plastic - which I carefully superglued - reassembled then lubed with white lithium grease. Good as new still after 5 months - I am amazed.

I can't find a decent lithium grease for my gym gear though - it all seems to go crusty hard after a short time.

When i moved outa this rental into my own place - I'd prefer something like the Big Ass Fans - sure keep the mozzies at bay. Wonder if they make/sell a similar well engineered style here.   

lamoe
On 5/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, HTM said:

No, the pat it's metal to metal, the screw fixture is completely worn and the arm too.
But it works fine as a fan that just blows right down, completely fine over my bed

cf-622.jpg

I see what you mean  - one thing I sorely miss is my workshop / tools and places to buy material.

Could have fabed the arm and gone to hardware  store(s) for shoulder bolt.

colemanlee
On 5/3/2018 at 7:52 AM, lamoe said:

I did try looking for replacement parts for the  ASAHI brand fans  - I have several - no go.

Not sure what you guys have in Cebu, but here Ive kept several old fans running using parts from discarded fans at junk shops....there is also a lot of small businesses here that specialize in working on fans and selling used ones...sometimes you can get the part you need from them....Ive got one running on the porch that is seven years old, been knocked over by dogs and kids numerous times...last time broke the blade but found something similar in a junk shop....on the fans with soft plastic blades I have taken off the cage guards, get a lot more air and much easier to keep the blades clean....kids all know not to get near the blades but the dog had to learn the hard way with its tail lol....

MickyG

I will never buy a westinghouse ever again. I get fed up up with the damn things sitting on a single speed of the three available.

Instead i have now installed REMOTE CONTROL wall fans

Images for asahi wf 625r

2200 each ffrom SM appliance center. So far never  missed a beat.

The only thing above the bed head rest is the remote control in its small cradle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GBT62

I wonder if the BI would let some punkah wallah's in -  more reliable than Chinese-made fans for sure ....

See - despite what my parents advised, watching old British sitcoms was educational :lol: 

HTM
4 hours ago, MickyG said:

I will never buy a westinghouse ever again. I get fed up up with the damn things sitting on a single speed of the three available.

Instead i have now installed REMOTE CONTROL wall fans

Images for asahi wf 625r

2200 each ffrom SM appliance center. So far never  missed a beat.

The only thing above the bed head rest is the remote control in its small cradle

Nice! I going to get one of them.

• 16” (405mm) fan blade
  • Motor:65W
  • 3 speed
  • Fan speed : 1,385 RPM
  • Electronic push button switch panel
  • With remote control
  • With timer 
  • With sleep/breeze function

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 5/2/2018 at 11:48 AM, HTM said:

cf-622.png

I don't really like this type of fan as it swings around and blasts me every 30 seconds or so. That means most of the time it's not doing anything for me. If the rotation could be stopped with low speed fan on me it would be ok.  I prefer a regular whole room ceiling fan or if that's not an option, a wall fan or stand fan that can be pointed to where it's needed or allowed to swing. 

• Like 2